Sith Shit or SHIT SITH?

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Sith Shit or SHIT SITH?

Post by DARTH » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:19 am

DAY1 PT and MA (Sometimes redacted as you don't need to know everything I do for my personal Military. )

First after being up for an hour...

A handful of the crew were able to make it today and my eldest son joined in as well.

We through a tarp down on the grass out in the park so we would not grind it into a mudpit.

(That does show you why a lot of classical arts favoured lower stances and movement as mud, blood, guts and excrement is slippery and battlefields became like that very quickly.)

We worked into and from the "I don't want any trouble" position and I adapted some of Tony Blauer's "Outside 90" drills into the mix as well as slipping to their rear flank and using a vicious take down involving grabbing the testicles and driving their head into the ground.

We also worked in Osoto gari to slam and fix them in place for some palms to the face and punches and knee drop pins to the ribs.

It was a good, productive session and everyone had a good time.

My boy also handled himself like a man and did everything with the men.

I leaned in the early days of my continuing journey in the martial arts that if a boy trains with men, when other boys bring trouble it's easier to not let your ego get you in trouble if it's mere goading and that it's easier to handle them if they decide to be physical.

Next Saturday I will have my backyard prepared to work some armed Armatura and what ever the other Sensei present want to go over.

Then a few hours later I went to the new gym. I have not trained in a gym in 3 years since my hernia and walking away from Sport & Hell.

I started with a warm up of re-stacking our mats as someone ignored the sign saying they were for the Ju Jutsu Club's use only (Crom and I paid almost $3,000 for those things about 5 years back!) so I put them in a more out of the way area.

Then I used the Hack Squat/Shrug machine to do Dead Lifts since they don't have a a Hex bar. After the Hernia, my days of doing DLs with a barbell are over, not like I am interested in powerlifting meets and DB Bench Presses on a slight incline.

DLs 4-45#s x 5, 6-45#s x 5, 3-45s ad 2-25s x 3.

BP 2-40s x 12, 2-45s x 10, 2-50s x 8.

Then I set up in the Squat rack for Barbell Back squats and I used the seated cable Row machine for Low Rows.

I have not squatted in years and never was big on them, as I did a lot of KB squats with BB DLs in the past but it's something I want to do. My form sucked completely, not even good parallel depth. I only had 25s on the bar for 2 sets and just Oly collars for 1 set.

But I am not going to let past ability and ego write checks that I can't cash.

BBBS 90#s x 5, 90#s x 5, 47#s x 6

SLR 85#s x 12, 100 x 10, 125 x 6.

Did one set of Russian Mil Presses with a 35#KB

Then I grabbed the rope and did some Battling Rope drills in the Group X room and a set of Plank and Leg Lifts.

Called it there.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum!

DARTH VYLAN

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Sith Shit or SHIT SITH?

Post by DARTH » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Sore in all the right places.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea ... =155934323

This is the toy I'll be using the next few months. I use it facing the hinge. I do not facing away from it, that feels more like a hack squat to me.

Random stick and movement to loosen up, might take a walk.

Some Kettle bell stuff tomorrow, more gym Weds or Thurs.

Random pull ups and stick play.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Sick on Monday.

Tuesday Feb 25th

8-9PM Ju Jutsu class.
Gun to gut=Kote Giash knee pin on clavicle and strip.
Knife thrust to gut = Same as above with a sidestep of attack.
Knife to outside of throat = Kensetsu Waza, strip and projection.
Overhead club/sword/iron = Short Irmi Nage and face stomp.
Cave man overhead club = Rising thrust elbow entry into Sode Maki Komi or Kensetsu Waza.

Work the "I don't want any trouble!"/Outside 90 SPEAR stance from Saturday on the mats.

Weds Feb 26th

11:30am-12:30pm Worked some stick and striking skills with a student.

12:35- 1:00pm Stretch out. Back was real tight today and that influenced the following workout as I did not do the machine Dead Lifts.

Circuit A

Lunges w/ Barbell on back 50#s, 60#s and 70#s, no rep count, just focus on form and feeling.

DB Bench Press Hammer grip 2-45s, 2-50s, 2-45s 12, 10, 10

Assisted Pull ups on the AP/D Machine -23#s x 6. 7, -45#s x 10

Circuit B

Lying Hamstring curls 1 set to 95-100%

Seated Leg Extensions 1 set to 95=100%

Abductor Machine " "

Adductor machine " "

Messed with some Kettlebell Juggleing but not for long as the time was getting away and stretching was more important than cardio. (I'll get that sometime tomorrow.)

Something is wrong with my right hamstring. I injured it bad with an unwarmed up kick the week of my herni op 3 years back but figured a;; that would heal up. It feels like a scar tissue issue. Just going to do some direct work to it to bring it up, hence the leg curls.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:10 am

8-10pm Ju Jutsu Class

Crom's night but only we Yudansha showed up.

Spent the first part working some knife skills with him, then working with Lord Stomp.

Then Lord Stomp and I worked some groundwork in intervals and that handled my cardio training for the night.

God I am de-conditioned!

Oh well, it's always fun working back up. Not like I have not been de-conditioned before and worked up to fighting fit.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:48 pm

Sat 9:30-11:30am Ju Jutsu/Combatives : Outdoors.

Weds. 11:30am-12:45pm Ju Jutsu

12:24-1PM Stretch the back

1:05pm - 1:25

3 times.
Get up 36#KB x 1/1
Assisted Pull ups -40#s x 6
2 Hand Swing 36#KB x 20
Goblet Squat 36#KB x 6

1:25 - 1:40

3 times
Incline DB Bench Press 2-45#s x 8-12
Seated Cable Rows w/Rope attachment 120#s x 12

1:42 Iron Cross w2-10# DB to failure.

1:45 - 1:55 Ab work

1:55-2:00p, Foam Roller back and hamstrings.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:31 pm

MA and PT Log Friday, March 7th

1.5 Hours teaching Ju Jutsu and doing some ground drills at the end.

Machine Deadlifts 90+90 x 8, 115+115 x 6, 140+140 x 5, 165 + 165 x 3.

Incline BD press 2-45s x 10, 2-50s x 8, 2-55 x 5, 2-45 x 10.

Saturday March 8th

2 hours teaching Ju Jutsu.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:31 pm

MA and PT Log March 10th, 2014 Monday

Trained a student, sticks and knife, about 1 hour

In the Gym

Get Ups w/35#KB and (Machine) Assisted Pull ups 3 sets.

Windmills, Front squats w/35#KB and " " 2 sets

Alternating Military Press w/35#KB and " " 2 sets

2 hand Swings and Push up plank and Jack knife sit ups 1 set

10 minutes fast walk on 5 incline on Treadmill.

Stretch, done.

Yoga with clients tomorrow afternoon and Ju Jutsu class tomorrow night.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:05 am

March 11 8-10PM Ju Jutsu class Low turnout tonight but a new guy joined us.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:48 pm

MA and PT Log for March 12th, Weds.

11:30am - 12:30pm Ju Jutsu class

12:30-12:59pm I worked on some stick and knife along with footwork.

1pm - 2pm PT

A1 Deadlift Machine (used facing away this time) 2-90#s x 6, 2-135#s x 5, 2-160#s x 3, 2- 185 x 1, 2-160#s x 3.

A2 Hammer Strength Incline press (all the adjustable free benches were in use and I was not going to wait.

2-25# x 10, 2- 45#s x 8, 2-70#s x 2, 2- 65#s x 5, "" x 4.

B1 Step ups on bench w/ 50# bar on back 3 sets concentrating on form and feel, no rep counts.

B2 Seated Cable Rows (v-handle) 90#x 12, 120#s x 10, 130# x 10

C Ab stuff, Plate press sit ups, V sit toe touches and Leg Lifts

B- Newaza assistence doing Uchikomi drills on a cable machine about 5-10 minutes.

D - Tricep Rope Push downs, Bar bell curls and Iron Cross w/ 1-#DBs x 1 set to failure, HIT style

E- Hit the heavy bag, working on Strait lead into Kenpo punch and hooks. Then close in body punches and then off with the gloves for some open hand work and then tied a belt around it for some Uchikomi.

Done.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 pm

One thing about using that machine the way the say you should is sometimes you end up on your forefeet and have to sep forward if you don't start in the right spot.

That said, it felt damn close to a hex bar DL, whereas the facing version feel like a wheel burrow (kind of like that, BTW) and you don’t feel compelled to move position.

I want a fucking Hex bar but not spending real money on a Hexbar right now. The Machine suits the purpose for now. (Got to do some KB SDLs to augment!)

I liked the step ups, they are on the regular menu for now, both bar on back and DBs in hands.

The Hammer Strength Chest is not a bad batch of gear but I prefer DBs, I need some skill in my upper body lifts. It is good when a shoulder is jacked.

Class tomorrow night, some Yoga.

Probably going to do some ChoreFit tm with the logs in my sideyard instead of the gym on Friday.
Saturday's al right for fighting.

Sunday I'll get cardio teaching the boy how to ground fight, after we do reaps and Uchikomi on other throws.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Fuck the ChoreFit, the ground was top sloppy to move that shit without tearing up the yard.

Saturday- 2 hours MA

MA and PT Log

March 16th, 2014 Sunday

1-2:30PM
MA- After Larry and I got the crash mat into the Dojo I put on the gloves and had him work his parry, beat and elbow shielding skills against traditional stance and southpaw Boxing/Pugilism.

2:40-3:15 PM

VIKING POWER!!!!!

Well if we are talking Lego Vikings?

A1: Machine Dead Lifts 2-135#s x 6, 2- 160# x 5, 2-180#s x 5, 2-205 x 5, 2-225 x 3.

A2: Russian Military Press 53#KB x 3, 5,5,5,5 a side.

Got my first Dead Lift Rush in a years today, that felt great! I miss that feeling! The machine is not bad. I was looking with lust at the bar and considering using it but I just don;t want to risk the progress I have made in just getting regular again by screwing up things with BB DLS. I would not be able to use the weight to get the CNS activation with a bar like with the machine right now and I just know I'd end up loading too much on the bar. So staying the coarse, keeping with my plan and staying smart, just have to beat the Ego back.

B1 and B2: Step Ups and Incline Bench with DBs 2 sets of each with 40s and 45s by feel and one set of slow step ups with bodyweight to cap it.

C: Pull up play

2 Regular PUs -30 seconds- 2 Hammer grip PUs - 30 seconds- 4 Chins

Then, using the assisted PU machine with about 25#s of help 5 PUs, 5 Hammer PUs and 5 chins.

Called the resistance work there and stretched my back.

Yoga and Abs tomorrow.

Reflections:

Man this is almost embarrassing having been in so much better shape in the past. Used to DL400+, RMP 88#s, do 15-20 PUs in a go and now I am like this.

But this will be good for me as a trainer as many of us lose sight of what it feels like for our clients to be out of shape and weak. I look at it as more than an opportunity to get myself back up to parr but also to better understand any new clients I pick up as I get back into training more than the handful of long term, great condition clients I am now.

It's some humbling stuff but that's a good thing and as weak as this is now, it will be great to look back on it in the Summer and something I can point to clients, a "I understand how you feel and where you are at now but we can turn it around." thing.

Yes, weak performances now but I am moving into it, not away from it.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Martial Arts and Physical Training Log

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

11:30AM - 1:15PM Ju Jutsu Class: Ran "Don Draeper" through some Ukemi (Falling and rolling) drills to teach him to relax and breath with the movement and impact. Made some real progress with this.

And some other stuff.

1:30PM - 2:30PM PT : Strength Training

15 minutes
A1: Machine Dead Lifts: 2-90#s x 10, 2-135#s x 8, 2-160#s x 6,

A2: Russian Military Press: 35#KB x 10/10, 53#KB x 6/6, 5/5

15 minutes
B1 Hammer Strength Pec Press: 2-45#s 2 sets to near failure, did not count reps

B2: Lying Leg Curls: 2 sets to near failure, did not note the weight or reps

B3: Seated Leg Extension: " "

B4: Chin Ups: 3, 3, (Fucking sad! What a fat, weak fucker!)

10 minutes

C: Mixed in a set of Jackknifes, Plate press sit ups, Vi Sit ups with 2 sets of Seated Lat Rows to failure

5 minutes

Tried out a set of "Viking Power Crucifix" Dumbell shoulder flys to failure (From a real cool WSM workout video, liked these, in the toolbox they go.), a set of strait bar Curls w/ 60#s to failure and a set of Tricep Rope Pull downs to failure.

10 minutes

Some Sun Salutations and lying leg, hip and back stretches.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:59 am

MA and PT LOG

March 21, 2014 Friday

Best laid plans of mice and men!

Conditions conspired to keep the two students from making it over today to do some blade work or to do a trail walk but I got me some PT. we have a class at my house in the morning and I can hit the trail this weekend.

9PM-10PM at Retro

After warming up with a hot shower.

A: Single KB Clean and Jerks- 53#KB x 5/5, 5/5, 6/6, 6/6 Agh that old friend the Jerk off Knee twinge at the end. No big deal

B1: 1 Leg Crossover Dead Lift- 53#KB x 6/6 x 3 sets

B2: Russian Military Press (Speed Reps, Westside influence) 53#KB x 5/5 x 3 sets

B3: Jungle Gym 90 degree Squat Rows (Some CNT action, we are all just a bunch of apes!) 10 reps x 3 sets

C1: Windmill- 36#KB x 5/5 x 3 sets

C2: Bent Rows 53#KB x 3 sets

D: Supplemental Cardio- About 10 minutes doing intervals on the Heavy bag with Boxing Gloves, working on strait leads and switching leads on the power shot

E: 1 set of leg lifts

Leg and back stretches

Hot shower with 30 second cold ending

Sitting home after slamming dinner, after having to go back out when the grocery store was closed because my Mady ate all the cheese, so I went to the local Mexican restaurant and the owner gave me a cup of shredded mozzarella for $2.

As I write this, I have "Lemmy" on Palladia!

God I love Motorhead!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:36 pm

SAT Ju Jutsu/Combatives 2 hours in the yard.

TUES 8-9PM Ju Jutsy/Combatives.

MA and PT LOG

Wednesday March 26, 2014

11:30-1PM Ju Jutsu

1:10PM - 2:20PM PT Iron Dog trained with me today.

A1: Deadlift Machine 3- 45s a side x 5, 3-45s and25 a side x 5, 4-45s a side 3, 3-45s a side x 5. Starting to see the limitations of this machine. The handles are set to low for heavy, full range work sets. Most people use this with less weight and they only pick off the floor at the beginning of the set and use less range on their reps. It is hard to put your back in the right position and push your hips through that low without your ass rising first. not cool. I need a fucking Hex bar!

A2: DB Bench Press 2-45s x 8, 2-50s x 8, 2- 55s x 7, 2-45 x 8.

B Pull ups complex - Different variations 3's 2's and 1's.

C: 90 degree Squat-Rows and Push up Plank

One guy would Squat Row while the other held the plank and counter off a slow 10 count. The goal for the rower was to get a rep each count.

We did this with only the time it took to switch positions as rest for 10 minutes.

D: Abs 2 sets of Janda situps, 1 set of Guard situps 1 set of V-sit toe touch situps, 1 set of leg lifts.

E: Back and Hip stretches, wanted to do Yoga Sun salutation and leg stretches but I had the car and needed to hit the showers and get my Awesome Johnson from school.

THURS

Did Yoga with a client, now I am getting ready for Ju Jutsu Class, Crom teaches tonight.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 am

MA and PT LOG

Sunday, March 30th, 2014 4:10PM - 5:15PM

Improvise, adapt and overcome is todays theme or "Shit, that's not right! Train around it."

I was all pumped up to do a Training Complex I made in the pre hernia days called "K'belling Monkey Man".

It's a fun routine where I combine Kettlebells, Liefeline USA gear and methodology I learned in the K'belling world from RKC, Mike Mahler and my own thousands of hours of training folks along with things I learned from Jon Hinds and his CNT Level 1 cert (my favourite cert BTW, yes better than the old RKC when it was good and not full of Sphincter kissers.) along with some other thinking. It's a great GPP routine.

It's as follows:

A KB Snatches, 5 sets (Terminate set when the velocity of the mvement slows as this is for explosiveness along with posterior chain and hinging movement)

B KB Get Ups and Pull ups (Thumbs over bar, full range, no CrossFit kipping)

C KB I Leg Crossover Dead Lift, KB Russian Military Press and Assisted Pull ups using the Lifeline Pull up Revolution device. 3-5 sets

D Life Line Power Wheel AB/Chest Roll outs and 90-60Degree Squat-Rows using the Jungle Gym 3-5 sets or Jon's 15/15 protocol

E Power Wheel Supine Bride Roll outs 2-4 sets.

Then you can do some cardio if you wish and a little Yoga (you should)

Cool workout, was really looking forward to it, even got a new notebook to record it.

Here is how things went

A: Snatches 35#KB x 10 ps (per side) 53#KB x 8ps, 8ps, 6ps and 4ps.

B1: Get Ups 35# KB x 2ps and then 2 Pull ups with my 210# fat ass and then as I did set #2 of Get Ups I felt a sharp pain in my right groin area on my 2nd rep on the right, shock it off , did 2 more Pull ups and tried Get ups again and felt it harder.

Now it was not brutal but I have to remind myself that this is all GPP, it all serves to strengthen and condition me for Martial Arts and life.

So improvise, adapt and overcome. Train around it, yadda yadda Do.

So I went to Russian Mil Presses and Pull ups
RMPs 53#KBs x 5ps x 5 sets
Pull Ups 2, 2, 3, 2, 1.

Power Wheel Roll Outs 6, 8, 8.
Assisted Pull Ups (2 green tubes) 6, 6, 6.

Tried 75 degree Squat-Rows but that aggravated the groin pull, so I binned it.

Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Chest Press machine 2-45#s x 6, 2-55#s x3, 2-4#s x 6 with a super slow negative on the last rep.
Seated Cable Rows 85#s x 12, 115#s x 8, 100#s x 12.

Tried a Supine Bridge Roll out but that aggravated the pull.

Some lazy bastard left the BattlingRope out in the Group X room so I did 2 Intervals but my arms were burned out before I got any real cardio from it, so I moved on to some Yoga, hitting the groins.

Some positions aggravated it, like Exulted Warrior but Butterfly did not, strangely.

I have a PT session with a friend/client in the AM and will do some Yoga with him as well as a MA student and buddy in the late AM and I plan on stretching before that for and maybe doing some cardio after, depending on how I feel.

I am not in pain when I walk, that's a good sign. It does hurt when I was getting in and out of the car and a bit when I sat down here. Maybe a 4 out of 10.

I need to get it through my head that I can;t just walk out on the floor and consider the first light set or 2 my warm up, even after I take a hot shower first.

I also think I did not hydrate enough before hand, I only had 1 glass of water and a bit of Gatorade, and coffee through out the day.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:37 am

MA and PT Log
Monday, March 31st, 2014

4:25pm - 5:25pm

20 minutes of Yoga, focusing on the legs,hips and back, a bit of shoulders and trunk but most of all the groin and hip flexors for the pull yesterday.

25 minutes of cardio, alternating Battling Rope and Sinwali and footwork patterns. No low basin stuff and some of the Silat footwork was noticeable in the pulled area but still a decent workout there.

The limiting factor on the ropes is still the arm endurance, but not bad and a few months form now my striking and stick endurence will be good when we do some full contact work.

15 minutes of Leg, hip and back stretching.

Contrast shower, home, diner with some Vikings and the boys and now drinking Wine and Cran as I wait for the kids to go to bed and watch some free Game of Thrones.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Tuesday night 8-10pm Ju Jutsu/Combatives

MA and PT LOG

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014

11:30am - 1:30pm Ju Jutsu Class

Worked with a new student and an experienced student on Ukemi, getting up the correct way and some solo Uchikomi instruction.

2-3pm PT

Strength, Structure and fat eating Beef!

A1 1 Leg Crossover K'bell Dead Lifts
35# x 10/10, 53# x10/10 x 3 sets

A2 Russian Military Press
35# x 6/6, 53# x 6/6, 6/6, 8/8

A3 Pull ups and assisted pull ups with Lifeline P.U.R.http://www.lifelineusa.co.uk/pullup_revolution_pro.html
1bw 1assisted, 2bw 5a, 3bw 5, 2bw 6 a.

B1 Seated Leg Extension (Because the step ups I planed aggravate the groin pull.
70#s x 10, 80#s x 10, 70#s x 10.

B2 Dumbbell Flat Bench Press
2-45#s x 10, 2-50#s x 8, 2-44#s x 11.

C1 Seated Calf Press 45#s x 10, 12, 12.

C2 Seated Cable Row 100#s x 12 130#s x 10, 115#s x 12.

D Assistance work. 1 set each to failure Viking DB Cross Flys, BB curl, Rope Tri pull downs and DB Iron Crosses.

E Stretch.

Tomorrow I meet a student to train some Ju Jutsu and maybe core and cardio?

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:00 pm

SORE! But a good sore.

Just did some backyard MA training with a friend and student but I am binning my plans of cardio and Yoga today. I feel like pumped Taffy.

I loved the look on the neighbour lady's face as I am teaching my buddy how to deploy a folding knife and then how to use it with the Sharkeez as we attack the balls, bladder, brachial arteries and throat. :finga:

Got nothing doing so I'm just going to take a walk, hang with the kids, train Darth Jr. later and then take it easy and do Yoga with some clients tomorrow and cardio later in the day and hit it fresh.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:38 am

Was going to sit on my ass tonight.

Ended up going down to the Dojo, just to see what was going on and watch.
Gimli Von Ramman was teaching the one student who showed tonight and he was teaching some great stuff from his previous study of Boxing and it was GREAT!

Ended up hitting the bag, applying what he was doing with Pekiti Tarsia and some of my old background and then adding in some solo Uchikomi drills on the poll.

Got some great cardio and a feeling training I have not in awhile.

Of coarse now I am wide awake but I was late to getting home so I missed the beginning of Vikings AKA the Floki Show so at least I'll have a glass of vino and get to sit and watch.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:50 pm

MA and PT Log

Saturday, April 5th, 2014

9:30am - 11:30am

Armatura-Ryu (Combined Martial Studies Group)

4:45pm - 5:30pm

A1: Clean and KB Russian Military Press
35# x 5/5, 53#s x 3/3, 6/6, 3/3, 6/6

A2: Pull ups
2, 3, 1, 2, 1.

B1: Clean and Push Press
53# x 5/5, 5/5, 5/5 (Not to much squat, leg injury.)

B2: Assisted Pull up w/ LifeineUSA Pull up Revolution
5, 5, 6.

C1: Windmill
35# x 3/3, 5/5,5/5.

C2: 75degree Squat-Row w/ Jungle Gym
10, 10, 10.

D 3 minutes
1 set of Power Wheel Rollouts and Uchikomi for Irppon Seo Nage.

E Stretch 5 minutes.
Last edited by DARTH on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:13 am

MA and PT Log
Sunday, April 6th, 2014

3:30pm - 5pm

Iron Dog, my son Darth Jr. and myself worked on Osoto Gari, Ippon Seo Nage and Drop Ippon Seo Nage, really hitting the fine points, 3 fit ins before complete throw and a little Uchikomi on the poll.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:32 pm

MA and PT Log
Monday, Tuesday, April 7th

2:10pm - 3:20pm Ju Jutsu

Helped a student with fitting in for Ippon Seo Nage and finer pints about it's combative application and other stuff.

3:45pm - 4:30pm PT (Strength)

A1: Machine Dead Lifts (Did these differently, once off the floor and then the rest of the set in motion, so the weights were less but full DLs with this don't sit well with my back.)
180#s x 10, 270#s x 6, 320#s x 4.

A2: DB Incline
2-45s x 10, 2-55s x 7, 2-50s x 8.

B1: 1 Leg Crosss Over KB Dead Lift 53#s x 10 a side x 3 sets.

B2: Power Wheel Prone Roll Outs 10 x 3 sets.

B3: Pull ups and Assisted Pull ups w Pull up Revolution 1 + 5, 2 + 5, 1 + 6.

C1: Russian KB Military Press 53#KB x 5 per side x 2 sets

C2 : 60 Degree squat Row w/Jungle Gym 10 x 3 sets

C3: Jack Knife Sit ups 15, 20.

Stretch out 10 minutes.

Felt warn out towards the end of Section B and dragging ass on C.

I did 2 runs of C and then 1 more set of the JG Squat-Rows.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:04 pm

MA and PT Log

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014

Woke with a screaming sinus headache, so I took a handfull of pills and went back to sleep for 2 hours. When I woke up it was only faint, so I sucked it up and went to teach class.

Was able to ignore it during the 2 hours of teaching 2 students and a young lady who was giving it a try.

When class was over it came on a bit stronger, so between that and the fact that Jay is bringing over a Longsword, a Norse sword a Gladius and a Norese Axe and Tomahawk tomorrow for us to work with, and therefore I don't want to be sore, slow and not recovered I am postponing my Strength and Conditioning session for tomorrow.

( So if I blow it off tomorrow I fully expect someone to call me a faggot pussy ass BITCH! )

Just going to run Darth Jr's ass raged and make him hit some pads.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:53 am

MA and PT LOG
Thursday April 10th

10:15AM - 1PM

A friend brought over some European and Japanese style swords, lot's of fun.

8:40PM - 9:30PM PT (Strength and Structure)

A1: Overhead Lunges
35#KB x 5 (1L+1R=1rep), 45#plate x 5, 36#KB in one hand x 6. (Leg feels better, but hamstring scare tissue issue was felt. keep working on it.)

A2: Pull ups
3 single with 10 sec between reps. 3,2,1. and 3,1.

B (The Main Coarse Alternating) Clean and Russian Military Press
53#KB x 6 (1 L+1R=1rep) , " x 6, 8, 6,6.

C1: Lifefitness Pec Press Machine (some ass was camping on the Hammer Strength, so I used this thing, not bad but not the HS)
110#s x 8, 130#s x 6, 120#s x 5 > 110#s x 3.

C2 90 Degree Squat-Rows w Jungle Gym Straps

12, 14, 13.

D1 Windmills
35#KB x 5 (1L+1R=1rep) 53# x 3, 4.

D2 Bent Rows
53#KB x 10, 10, 10 per side.

E. 2 minutes of KB Juggling

Stretch.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Always wanted to play with a Gladius and a Longsword,wouldn`t mind playing with the axes either.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".