Sith Shit or SHIT SITH?

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Sith Shit or SHIT SITH?

Post by DARTH » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:54 am

Bobby wrote:Always wanted to play with a Gladius and a Longsword,wouldn`t mind playing with the axes either.
it was a lot of fun.

I did not do much with the Longsword but I did the Knight's one hand sword, kind of like a Viking sword but with a longer and thinner point for piercing mail.

The 1 hand and Norse axe felt good together using Pekiti Tarsia patterns. With practice it would be a breeze to go full speed and not cut yourself.

The Gladius and Norse Axe with the patterns was damn near perfect. I will probably get these as they are not expenssive

Both were Cold Steels, whereas the 1 hander was an Albion, $800+ and the sheath was a $500 custom job, so it will be some time before I do something like that. I'd go for a Viking sword myself or a Bastard.

My only issue with the CS Norse Axe is the handle is shorter to my size than what they typically used for a 1 hand axe. But they are also for throwing so I could see having a couple like this and then one with a 33" shaft.

I am going to see if Cold Steel would give me a longer shaft. I could also just get another shaft as it's just wood.

For now though, my Ontario U.S. Jungle Machette, Cold Steel Kukri and Vaughn California Framing Axe do nicely for practice.

I like the Framing Axe as that's what I used when I was in construction and it's a tool that makes a good weapon, very Okinawan in spirit. I have had a thing with common tools as weapons since I was a kid.

Been adapting sword movements to the baseball bat as well. People talk shit about people doing HEMA but put a baseball bat in a HEMAist hands and fuck with him and he'd bust you up 6 ways from Sunday PDQ.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:55 am

MA and PT LOG
Saturday, April 12th

9:45am - 11:45 am

The Combined Martial Studies Group trains upon the Field's of Mars!

Some anti bat stuf, some Udegarame, Sankyu and Kotegiash and I did a section on anti knife.

No PT today, I did not get much sleep last night and after training and hanging with J, I took a nap that went from about 4:30pm to just before 8pm!

Meeting a student at the Dojo tomorrow and bringing my big boy. He will uke for the student and then after he and I will train together before I hit some weights.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 pm

MA and PT LOG
Sunday, April 13, 2014

My student felt under the weather and my oldest boy wanted to enjoy the outdoors today, so the Ju Jutsu practice was scraped.

3:15pm - 4:50pm PT (Strength, Structure, rehab/assistance)

Warm up

A-Clean and Jerk 35#KB x 5/5. 53#KB x 5/5, 6/6. 62#KB x 3/3.1/1. 5/5. 53#KB x 8/8.

Abductor injury still there, so it changed my plan a bit.

B1- 1 Leg Crossover KB Dead Lift 53KB x 10/10, 62kb x 8/8, Drop Set 62KB>53KB>35KB x 6/6.

B2- DB Incline Bench Press 2-55#s x 8, 2-60#s x 5, Drop set 2-60s.2-55s>2-50s x 5.

B3- b.w x 3. bw x 1,2,2. bw x 3> -25#s x3> -50#s x 4.

C- Leg Curls and Leg Extensions HIT protocol

D- RMP 62#KB x 1/1 > 53KB x 5/5 > 35KB x 8/8.

E- Seated Cable Low Row 118#s x 13, 100#s x12, 85#s x 12.

F- Abductor and Adductor machines 2 sets rehab

F- Chest Fly Machine and Cable Pull ( Like entering for Ippon Seo Nage) 1 set each.

G- Leg, Hip and Back stretches.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:50 pm

MA and PT LOG
Tuesday April 15th and Weds April 16th 2014

Tuesday 8-9:14PM Ju Jutsu/ Combatives.

1 student showed up, we worked on weapons.

Weds 11:30am - 1PM Ju Jutsu/Combatives

A new student came in.

1:45pm - 2:30pm Strength, structure, pre-rehab.

A1 Snatch
35#KB x 8/8, 53#KB x 4/4, 62kb x 2/2, 3/3, 53#KB x6/6.

A2 Push Press
53#KB x 4/4, 62KB x 3/3, 4/4, 5/5. 53#KB x 8/8.

B1 Windmil Chain
62 x 1/1> 53 x 1/1> 35 x 1/1.

B2 Pull Ups
Did a single of regular, short grip, hammer grip and then at the very end of the negative on chin up I hurt my Bicep, feels like the biceps brachii tendon into the forearm.

I garbed a bag of ice from the desk and changed my workout, icing the injured area the whole time.

Leg Curls 3 sets

Leg Extension 3 sets

Abductor/Adductor Machines 3 sets.

Contrast shower, hot jets on injury and then ice.

Oh well, the leg injury is about better so I'll mess around with some lower body, back, core and cardio tomorrow and leave the arm alone.

I doubt this is anything to worry about, might be a 1 week thing, can;t see more than 3, working around it in 1-2.

Keep going!

MA and PT LOG
Monday April 21st, 2014

1PM - 2PM

Stick and knife with a student and friend.

Park Ranger rolled up too but got real cool when I told him about the head Ranger's meeting with our crew 2 Saturdays ago.

Carry on!

PT

For PT I picked a random, fun approach.

Instead of going to the gym, I took my daughter in the jogging stroller to get little Darth Maul from school, went to the park and set them and some local kids up with the bubble machine and then grabbed a 26# and a 44#KB.

I did swings, some presses, Asimov and Body weight slow squats, Step ups with knee raises and practiced some low kicks, all for about 30-40minutes.

The arm ached a little during the 44# swings if i went higher than my stomach, were fine with presses and on the initial clean but did not like decleaning at all.

Not a hard session by any stretch but I got the heart rate and wind up and prepared me for more swinging, abs and direct leg machine work Weds after midday Ju Jutsu.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:53 pm

MA and PT LOG
Weds, April 23, 2014

11:30AM - 1:15PM Ju Jutsu/Combatives

1:30PM - 2:30PM PT

1 Leg Crossover KB DLs, Incline DB Press and 80 degree Squat Rows with Jungle Gym.

One arm KB Push Press

Back Extensions and Roman Chair sit ups

V sit ups and Leg Lifts

Hip, back and Leg stretches.

4:30PM - 5:10PM Weapons

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:32 am

Sick since Friday AM. Good enough to take my 8 year old to his 1st TKD lesson in a Dojang. Was able to train MA sat. AM but felt like death on Sunday.

MA and PT LOG
Monday April 28th

4:10 - 5:10 PM MA

About 50%, taught a student and friend some finer points. Held it together until it was over and then felt like shit.

Going to drug up and sleep, sleep and sleep as soon as I can get tired enough.

I hope to do some form PT in addition to teaching class tomorrow.

At least the arm feels OK. Bright side and all.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Log Splitting and Armatura.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed May 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Weds, May 28

11:45am - 12:15pm Yoga

12:40pm - 1:05pm Strength

3 sets 1 Leg KB Crossover DLs, RMP and pull ups with the LL Revolution.

3 set Hammer Strength Pec Press and 80degree Squat-Rows w/ LLJG.

1:10pm -1:30pm Hit a heavy bag for cardio.

1:30-1:45 Yoga

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:30 am

My eldest boy returned to the mats tonight.

He had the seriousness he lacked last time.

Having to punch one of Obama's "Dreamers" in the throat today and how the rest of the Hoard reacted to it has finally drove home to him what I have been telling him for a while now.

Some animals can not be reasoned with and to try only excites them, some animals just need to be slammed to the floor by their busted limb and stomped in the ribs.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Good PT after teaching Ju Jutsu today.

A circuit of 1 Leg Crossover K'bell Dead Lifts, Hammer Strength Pec Presses and Assisted Pull ups with the LL Pull up Revolution.

Then a circuit of K'Bell Russian Military Presses, 75 degree Squat -Rows w/ Lifeline Jungle Gym and Jack knife sit ups.

Capped off with 15 minutes of intervals on the heavy bag ( medium power, more about staying close to the bag as it moved and working the body) and Uchikomi drills.

Before the shower I walked in the gym's Cardio Movie Theater (It's a pretty cool feature) and caught the big battle on Last Samurai.

Then I came home and made an interesting meal of Corn Beef Hash, mash potatoes, onions, apples with some A-1 sauce, all mixed together in the frying pan and slightly burnt.

Some Bad Wolf Junkie Curls for rehab tomorrow ( You tie surgical tubing around your arm like you are going to shoot up and do some curls. - You get great looks at the gym when you tie off, I do it with my teeth and all )

Tomorrow night we test 3 students at the Dojo.

Trampoline workout on Friday.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:17 am

2 guys tested for 3rd Kyu Brown and 1 for 6th Kyu Blue.

All passed, it was a slam, bang affair!