Fat Guts diet journal.

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Re: Fat Guts diet journal.

Post by Beer Jew » Fri May 29, 2015 10:35 am

Benny, I don't know what your relationship with fruit and veg is like, but have you considered getting a juicer?

My FIL is in the middle of a hundred day juice fast (he calls it a juice feast), where he essentially can drink as much liquidised fruit and veg as he likes. This wasn't such a big step for him, as he was a raw vegan prior to this, but he's gone from 260lbs to 210lbs in about three months. The weight is flying off him, and every time I see him he looks better.

Just something to think about. I'm similar to yourself, in that all protein and fat based snacks like nuts, cheese etc. get ramped up to the point where they become the cause and not the solution.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Fri May 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Good thought. I feel fondly towards vegetables and fruit. I am virulently racist against okra. I mean, what are you gonna do? They are already here so that boat has left the harbor... But I don't want them living mear me and I don't want my kids going to school with them... And their fucking music? Jesus H Christ.

I eat a 300g bag of frozen mixed veggies every night w/ a tbs of butter some lemon juice and salt and pepper. I think that is about 4-5 servings right there...

How does a raw vegan get to 260lbs?

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Sat May 30, 2015 2:05 pm

He was 300 before he went raw vegan. Dropped down to 260 over 2 years, then started his juice fast and dropped to 210 in three months.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Sat May 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Well there you go! Makes sense.

I think the juice thing works but is not for me right now. I want to go low-carb and I like lots of fiber in my diet.

Honestly, even if I weren't going low carb I would be hesitant to go all in on the juices because of the wicked insulin spikes I have gotten in the past from juicing. I might adapt, but then again I might not...

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Sat May 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Fair enough. I've been having success leaning out a bit with the following;

3 days a week I aim to go on a liquid fast, so water, coffee, juice, protein shakes, soup etc. are all ok.

The reality is, I still eat solid food, but for those 3 days I make a conscious effort not to, and I really think about every morsel of solid food I eat. For me at least, it results in eating substantially less than I usually do.

Looks like you're making good progress regardless though, so keep it up if it's working!

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Sat May 30, 2015 10:33 pm

I am confident I could lose weight very quickly by going to a 4 hour food window in the evening. But I would get weaker and lose what little muscle I have at this point. I am going for the "right way" right now and it seems to be working. Of course, the chances are that I will lose patience at any moment and go low-carb IF for the fast and cheap equal parts muscle and fat loss route....

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:27 pm

bennyonesix wrote: Of course, the chances are that I will lose patience at any moment and go low-carb IF for the fast and cheap equal parts muscle and fat loss route....
just be a man. maintain discipline.

if you're going to behave like a defeatist slut, you might as well put on a dress and go post on 3fatchicks

post no selfies
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:31 pm

It is hard being a man somedays though...

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:34 pm

as flannery o'connor wrote, a hard man is good to find
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Sometimes I daydream about cookies.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:46 pm

if I draw them in my diary I feel better.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:08 pm

a slow descent into madness...
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:17 am

Bad news: there is no way to lose weight/fat without being hungry. Good news - if you eat less eventually your appetite goes down. According to the bodybuilding gurus consistent discipline for two weeks should do the trick.

Some tricks I picked up from good forums: more foods with low calorie density. 100 g of pumpkin, for example, is about 25 calories, try eat a kilo of that stuff, see if you don't feel full after that. Another trick - reducing the variety of foods, which reduces the emotional attraction to eating. Pectin and psyllium reduce appetite, somewhat. Asian stores sell shirataki (konyaki) noodles: about 20 calories in 100 g. The taste is somewhat acquired, but blanching them in hot water makes it better.

Good luck.