2016 - Powerlifting Journal

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Re: 2016 - Powerlifting Journal

Post by Beer Jew » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Tuesday 4th February 2016

Shitty training today. It's got to that point in a cycle where I'm coming to the end, and I feel I've put a lot of work in the last two months, without much to show for it.

Pause Squat

150kg x 5,3,3

Deadlift

Up to 220kg x 1, and 240kg x 1 / 530lbs

My form on all my lifts is incredibly inefficient. This is something I am (and have been) aware of, but haven't put in the work to change it. I'm torn, because on the one hand I want to cancel this cycle, and start to build my lifts from the ground up - I have plans on how to re-work all of them, and re-build them, but it requires a period of rest first. For example I don't think I've ever used my hamstrings, hips or glutes properly in any of my lifts.

On the other hand, I don't believe I've realised the potential gains from the last month or two, and want to try to hit some PRs.

Terry - thanks for the info above. When I start to work on re-building the lifts, I'll incorporate all of it.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:11 am

A few things. First,why do you walk your squats out so far? PL54 told me anything more than two steps is wasted energy. Second, how tall are you? Third, don't get frustrated. You've been lifting long enough that big improvements aren't going to happen often if at all. It's a game of inches now brother. Just keep grinding.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Thanks EZ.

Squats are purely habit. BD pointed this out to me last year, so when I remember I try to walk them out shorter. The truth is the weight isn't heavy enough to make a big difference. I'm 5'8 on a good day.

I'll keep grinding.. I've taken things back to basics, focusing on breathing and perfect form, and building things back up. I got all the time in the world.

Thanks for checking in.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:51 am

Thanks. Good luck amigo.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality