COME AND GET PAPPA BEAR!

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: COME AND GET PAPPA BEAR!

Post by TomFurman » Fri May 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Check your FB. You've been booked at Rif's workshop and get to bunk at the Fireman's guest room.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri May 06, 2016 7:24 pm

TomFurman wrote:Check your FB. You've been booked at Rif's workshop and get to bunk at the Fireman's guest room.

Hmmm...Know anyone in Seattle with a place to train?
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sun May 08, 2016 1:36 pm

SaturdaySunday:

Been doing some hamstring stretches, some ITB rolling with a softball....same same for calves. PT as well. I can tell soft tissue is sort of realigning. My left piriformis is on fire, but otherwise, all is good. Will do some light yard work today (Sunday).

Won't make the Seattle visit, fellas, but thanks for the invite. PacNW and Alaska are the only parts of the USA I have not been to and am looking forward to visiting both.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Mon May 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Monday, 5/9 PT at PT's office

Usual stuff plus some squat variations.

Oh yeah, extension is at ZERO. The PT said he was "genuinely surprised" I got to that point that quickly. I think Rif's trigger point suggestions and my wife's suggestions on doing light yoga to get the hammies opening really helped. Next step is to get to zero with the leg in the air.....first time we measured this and I am at a 7, so that is the next bogie to crush. Preaching to the choir here, but sometimes it pays to be an obstinate asshole.....much of this did not exactly tickle.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Mon May 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Nice!

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Mon May 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Congrats Nappy. Great to see the quick progress.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sun May 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Daily from Tuesday through Sunday:

At home knee PT. Doing what has been Rx'd by the PT, plus what Rif has suggested, plus a little gem I came up with on my own, which is looping an average/green band over my neck and the ball of my foot and working the lockout/extension at various levels and with different levels of ankle flex. I can literally feel things popping into place (and you can hear it, too).

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Wed May 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Still doing my PT, daily. Have been hitting it fairly hard and both of my knees (really the soft tissue around the joints) are like screaming eagles today. Went back to ice and compression sock for the (L) PKR knee for today. Busting out my 35# DB's for GTG Vertical Lift aka Curlz & Presses.

On a positive note: I am now doing ground based stretching and mobility. Reason why this is a big'ish deal is that I just did it without thinking about it, without thinking about how I would get up from the floor, ect. So that is progress, too. Walked 2/3's mile so far today and will try to at least double that by day's end, along with some 'trotting'/ez jogs throughout.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman » Wed May 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Half Get Ups to seated are a good idea. Alternated, L+R would be systemic too.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sat May 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Friday: got the all clear from the PT and I am now done seeing him. He said I am doing "excellent" and my chief complaints are really just my right hamstring tendon and left piriformis. In fact, and I said this to him, that if I am sitting on my ass heads down working for a couple of hours, I will actually put more weight on the left/surgery side than the right. I have knee stiffness here and there, but almost no pain at this point. He did ART on the piriformis, yesterday....lighter than what I have had in the past with Dennis Koslowski years ago, but it did provide some relief. He said to keep up the softball/lacrosse ball work on that area and all the other soft tissue work that Rif suggested. He also gave me the go to start training like a man with testicles again and I have been in touch with my couch, Blaidd (he's an asshole, I know, but so am I and he knows hit shit), who is working up the go forward plan for me.