Tuesday, January 17, 2017

PM

joint mobility
20kg KB long cycle, switch on 5 - work for 20 minutes. 12:00 block, 4:00 block
---

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 am 

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

PM

gym treadmill - 1 lap walk (3.2), two laps run (5.2), one walk, one run, one walk, one run, one walk.
4 walking laps, 4 running laps, 2 straight.
--
As obvious, at gym, treadmill. Looking to slowly increase over time. As I break back into running, important to keep this at no more than two sessions a week, and to keep the increases slow and manageable.

I am not going to go from 2 laps to a 1/2 marathon in a week. Steady progress over time better than pushing it too far, too fast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:22 am 

Thursday, January 19, 2017

PM

20kg 1 arm long cycle, switch on the minute - 8:00, 4:00
joint mobility work

---

Bleh. Late at work. Came home rundown.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:42 am 

Friday, January 20, 2017

PM

16kg KB complex (minus swings) - 2 straight through, rest, 1 more.
---
A shit show week comes to a shit show end. Weighed in at 237. Thrilled. Diet has not been terrible, but not great either. Maintaining weight this week perfectly acceptable.

Fuck.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:46 am 

double post
double fuck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:34 am 

Sunday, January 21, 2017

PM
20kg 1 arm long cycle, switch on the minute - 10:00, 4:00, 2:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:44 am 

Thursday, January 26, 2017

UPDATE
Just when I was getting healthy I get knocked out again. There've been a few viruses floating around my school and I seem to be catching them all this year.

Mon - sick
Tue - sick
Wed - sick, light j/m, Way of Energy wu chi 5:00
Thu - sick, light j/m, Way of Energy wu chi 5:00
--
Both the joint mobility and 5:00 of wu chi felt like herculean efforts that collapsed me.
I'll be sticking with light j/m and the way of energy work until I recover.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:53 am 

Friday, January 27, 2017

AM
joint mobility
Way of Energy, wu chi 5:00

PM
joint mobility
--
Friday weigh in - 234

Still sick, but recovering. I am not doing anything other joint mobility and way of energy until I am better. And once I am better I will figure out the best way to ease back into full training.

Weight is down, and that is not just from being sick. I flirted with low carb for a week or two, but realized it is stupid. There is a reason, as much weight as I drop, that I never stick with it. It is not a sustainable diet. I am going full No S. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. No seconds. No snacks. No sweets. Portion control and rebuilding good eating habits. This week, even with being sick, diet has been on point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:23 am 

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

PM
20 minute walk/run

---

Finally feeling like I might really be on the upswing. Not fully better yet, but I've got some pop in my step. Today just went out for 20 minutes. Mostly walking, a little running here and there. Fresh air and the last of the evening sun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:47 am 

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

PM
Double 16 KB Clean and Press - 3 sets of (2,3,5)
Two hand 24kg swing - 3 sets of 10

--

Just trying to build back up a little as I recover from this illness.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:26 am 

Thursday, February 2, 2017

PM

20 minute run/walk
joint mobility back sequence

----

Not sure why yesterday I thought slinging around 16s and swinging the 24 would be a nice, light, recover workout......oh well.

Today ran/walked again. Much better than Tuesday. More running and smoother. Went farther in the 20 minutes than I did last time.

Diet continues to go well. No S all the way all day. Three meals a day for me is a big deal. I've had terrible eating habits off and on for years now. Eating a consistent breakfast, lunch, and dinner has been a good thing.
Current -
Breakfast - one oatmeal packet, fruit, coffee.
Lunch - peanut butter sandwich (german bread)
Dinner - one serving of whatever we are eating. Tonight it was a bowl of soup with a few crackers and slice of the german bread.

No more than one beer in the evening.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:32 am 

Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday weigh in: 232

---

Late at work. No workout today. Probably better. Legs are tired from running yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:14 pm 

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Late AM

25 minute run/walk

---

While I will not be qualifying for the boston marathon, today's effort was pretty good for me. More stretches of longer running, and I don't have to put running in quotes. Legitimate efforts. Plus I went quite a bit further than I've been going.

Getting the legs back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:13 am 

Sunday, February 5, 2017

AM

24kg KB 1 arm clean and press - (1,2,3) x 3/3

--

Just building back up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 am 

Monday, February 6, 2017

PM

20:00 run/walk

--

Starting to push the pace a bit. Trying to run harder, or when I get tired, run further. This is resulting in a bit longer recovery walks. Overall happy with the progress so far. Legs are getting stronger.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:13 am 

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

PM

double kb clean and press 16's - (2,3,5) x 4
DB curls - 25's x 8, 8, 8

----

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:27 pm 

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Afternoon

Run/walk - 11th St. and loop 29:40

---

The 11th St. and loop is one of my standard runs. It is an out and back. My first running goal is always to be able to run the whole route without stopping. Not there yet, but I was able to get the first half (all the way out) without stopping, and that part is a low grade incline. On the way back I mixed faster pace, long strides with light jogging and walking.

Felt good with this one.
---

EDIT NOTE (Mon 2/27) There is no possible way this time is accurate. I walked the whole of the loop and then did running/jogging AND walking on the way back. Today (2/27) I did not walk at all, my slow running was much more slow running than fast jogging, and each way I mixed in several harder pushes and made the run in 26:56....I am SURE I cut more than 3 minutes.

I don't know what happened with my timing this day. Maybe it was really 39?

Last edited by newguy on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:32 am 

Monday, February 13, 2017

PM

16 kg windmill - 1/1 x 3
24kg KB 1 arm clean and press (1,2,3) x 4
16 KG goblet squats x 3 (after each ladder)

--
Adding in the windmills as warm up/mobility and the goblet squats between ladders. I was still tired today from the run yesterday. Legs a bit sore.

Just keep building up.

For right now the plan is to run twice a week, do some KB clean and press work twice a week. That is about what I can manage well at the moment. And at the moment, is what I want to do.

Diet, in terms of food is on point. In terms of beer....not as on point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:49 am 

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

PM

Run/walk - 25 minutes - essentially this has turned into a slow run with some walking breaks. Much more running than walking and the walking is just to recover a bit before running again.

--

Fighting the urge to increase the distance or frequency too quickly. I've got to keep the long term goal in mind. Nothing I do this month is going to get me ready for a marathon. But if I push it too much, then I can derail any progress.

Focusing on just getting out, putting in some work, and getting home to recover until the next time. 2 runs a week and some KB work is more than enough right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:36 am 

Thursday, February 16, 2017

PM
23:00 run

--
A bit of a milestone....yes it was slow, but this was a legitimate "run" not "run/walk." Went 23 minutes just running (slowly). First time since I've started that I can say I did not do any walk breaks. And even without the breaks, I was able to speed it up for the end length, and then didn't walk. Jogged it back to home.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 pm 

Saturday, February 18, 2017

AM
warm up - 16kg windmill x 2/2; 16kg goblet squat x 3 - x 3
(double 16kg KB clean and press (2/3/5); 24 kg goblet squat x 1) - x 3

untimed run - 11th street and loop
---

Nice little milestone today. Made my 11th street and loop route without stopping/walking. Ran slow, but still did it. At the end ran harder for the end park length and then after a short recovery slow jog ran it harder home.

So this is step one on the road back to running. Next step is to own this route. Be able to run it anytime and every time I go out for a run.

Then of course, work on decreasing the time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:47 am 

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Afternoon

At gym, treadmill run - 2.25 miles. Lap 1 - 7 @5.2, 8 @5.5, 9 @5.3
(no walking).
--

Nice and easy. Just keep building up.

Last edited by newguy on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:49 pm 

Sunday, February 26, 2017

I've been out of town for several days.

While gone

Mon Feb 20 - KB Work (was actually in town this session and I forgot to log it)
Fri Feb 24 - hotel treadmill run, 20 minutes
Sat Feb 25 - hotel treadmill run, 20 minutes

---
This hotel fitness room was ridiculous. The room must have been 85 degrees, completely humid from the indoor pool, and each treadmill was under a light. It was like running in a never ending sauna. Disgustingly hard. Every minute was hell.

Last edited by newguy on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.