IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 pm

<

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next
 Post subject: Re: Zip It Up
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:12 am 

Fri 8/10

Bench — 140#, 145, 150, 155, 160 for 3,3,3,3,2
Band-assisted Pull-up — 3x3
Clean High Pull — 95# for 3x6
Leg Ext — [email protected]# for 3x10

Skipped Farmers Walk and DB Pullover for time (had to get The Boy to a party).

First time at the gym in over two weeks. This was a re-acquaint workoout.

I backed off on bench, decided to work back up in increments across my planned 5 sets, rather than jumping back in at the deep end with 160#. I got up to about what I was lifting before the break; HOWEVER, I think I should back off more, because I'm not even coming close to touching my shirt with the bar anymore. I'm probly stopping the descent about 3 inches above, then pushing back up. A far cry from the "Spoto" style I was going at lighter weights.

I like this "start moderate-heavy and add 5# each set" thing, though. If I drop back down to like 130 (even 125), I bet I could hold that Spoto position and get back in the habit of a full ROM, and work back up at least close to the weights I'm using now.

I still can't do pull-ups, but this set of band-assisted partials was better than they were before I left. I might have dropped a small bit of weight while I was gone, like 5# or so.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 pm 

Sat 8/11

Judo class

I got the whole class! Arrived before we started, only sat out one rotation (2 min), and was still going strong at the end. I'm a little too proud of that.

Uchikomi warmups; timed, one min first person, then switch, and we rotated around to everybody. Then we moved into a drill where you hold a defensive posture, straight arm grip on partner's lapel, then throw him when he tries to close. Cool technique. Then lots of grip fighting. Finished with a little ne-waza. The white belt I was partnered with wanted to review the pin escapes — my worst area! — so I was in the position of sort of "teaching" those, and letting him rep it. Sensei came over and offered some corrections, which was good; he also showed one for Scarf Hold that I hadn't seen before, where you kind of trap partner's elbow.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 pm 

Sun 8/12

Front Squat warmup — 45#,95# for 2x5
Back Squat — 165# for 4x3
Band-assisted Pull-up — for 3x3
Mil Press — 85# for 3x5
Lat Pulldown — #120 for 3x10
Calf Raise — +125# for 3x15 (+ tib pulls with the orange band)
Adduct/Abduct — 110# for 2x7

Squats felt very doable, almost easy. Again I wonder if I lost a tiny amount of weight at camp.

For the pull-ups, I'm using both my light Orange band and my heavier Red band to assist. Second set, I put the Orange band aside and went with just the Red bad. Was hard as shit; but I think I'll continue to mix that in for a set here & there, and expect it to get easier.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 pm 

Mon evening took The Boy to a karate class, and assisted. Barely did anything.

Tues 8/14

Karate class

Assisted kids, led their warmups. Stayed for adult class. Basic motion, forms, showed form to J & B and got feedback, some one-step sparring, some four-corner jujitsu. Sat out the last 5-10 mins of fighting and just watched.

Was B's last class of the summer. On hiatus until mid-Sept.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:08 am 

Wed 8/15

Piano lesson

First time I've seen my piano teacher in a month. One week he was out of town and arranged a sub; then The Boy and I went to karate camp; then last-week he had to cancel last-minute, I think his kid was sick or something.

I played two things for him, that I'd been working on. Then we moved ahead in both books, the Microjazz and the Method book. Next piece in the Method book is in a new key signature for me, F-major. One flat. So we spent a couple mins on the fingering of that scale. Next piece in the Microjazz was VERY hard for me to sight-read, as they all are. After I struggled thru it hands-separate, my teacher played it for me so I could get a sense (which he's had to do with every piece in that book so far.

Short lesson, we started late and I had to leave ON TIME, because stepdaughter needed to borrow my car to get to work. So we hustled in and out, which felt strange. I also felt strange because I had "auditioned" a new piano teacher over the phone a few days prior, to switch to. She follows the "curriculum" for the (Candadian) Royal Conservatory of Music program and certification tests, and I'm interested in getting on that track. She's not taking new students until like December or so; so this is down the road a bit. But I felt like you do when you're stringing along one girlfiend while lining up another — disreputable, or something.

It's not you, it's me! I think my guy is an excellent piano teacher, and I like the rapport I have with him. But, I've wanted to get on this RCM track since I first learned about it, like 6+ months ago. That's why I asked him if he participated in any kind of annual "testing", and why I wound up doing that Natl Guild Auditions thing back in May. And I've had nagging thoughts that he's not as conversant with the newer music books & teaching ideas as I might prefer. That's judging totally off of internet stuff, and obviously I don't know shit, but still.

Well, nothing's happening yet.

Last edited by JimZipCode on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:17 am 

Fri 8/17

Bench — 125#, 130, 135, 140, 145 for 5x3
Clean High Pull — 100# for 6x3
Tri kickbacks — [email protected]# for 3x10

Bench felt good, I reduced the weight so I could confidently get back to full ROM. First 3 sets were "Spoto style", last couple were without pause but still touching the shirt. Maybe I'll try 5-4-3-2-1 next time.

Interesting on the band-assisted, turns out it matters how carefully you arrange the loop at the pull-up bar. On the first set, I looped it loosely, so there was some slack at the top. That made the descending part of the band shorter. I just assumed that when I put weight on it, it would take the slack out and I would get the "normal" amount of assistance. No! The bands had so much friction against themselves, they didn't "slip" at all when I put my weight on it. So the extra slack stayed in place at the top, and the net result was I that was doing the pull-ups with a shorter/tighter band. I got way MORE assistance than I was expecting! Basically shot up over the pull-up bar.

Subsequent sets I was careful to get the slack out when I looped the band over the bar. They were much harder. So, one band is not always one band. Who knew?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:17 am 

Sunday moved stepdaughter into grad school. Loaded the car, drove ~4 hours, unloaded the car, had lunch, walked around, drove ~5 hours back. Slept like the dead.

Monday had The Boy's best bud over for the day and a sleepover. Tired Tuesday.

Tues 8/21

Front Squat warmup — empty bar, 1 set of 5
Back Squat — 170# for 5x3
Mil Press — 55# for 3x12
Calf Raise — +125# for 2x10 (+ tib pulls with the orange band)
Adduct/Abduct — 110# for 2x10
Farmers Walk — 155# with trap bar, up and down the half-hall

Drastically reduced the weight in the overhead, so I could increase the volume. Trying to stay over 10 reps in this exercise for a while, build some capacity.

Not sure how far "up and down the hall" is. I can't go past the water fountain, because the trap bar is too wide to fit, so I have to turn around and come right back. I'm assuming the trap bar weighs 45#: I put two 55# bumpers on it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:49 am 

Wed 8/22

Piano Lesson

I didn't practice hardly at all this past week. So we just worked on the Microjazz piece, first the right hand (which has the accompaniment in this piece), then the left hand (melody), then slowly hands-together. Just the first ~half of the piece; but the second half is the same, with one bridging measure.

Then we worked on F-major scales, one-octave and two-octave. For the two-octave scale, the pattern is 4-3-4 in one hand and 3-4-3 in the other – I don't remember which at the moment, but I have it written down.

It wound up being productive time, even without my having practiced. I still feel weird around my teacher, like a shitheel, knowing that I'm planning to switch to another teacher in a few months.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:51 am 

Also Wed 8/22

Judo class

Worked on a buncha stuff, including Tsurikomi Goshi, which I have a lot of trouble with. My 3 "difficult" belt-level throws are that one, Tai Otosi, and Harai Goshi. That's not even mentioning Uchimata; but I feel like if I get Harai, then Uchimata will fall very naturally after that. Similar throws, just different "catch" with the up-leg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:11 am 

Thu 8/23

Bench — 130#,135,140,145,150 for 3,3,3,2,2
Clean High Pull — 105# for 6x3
LegExt — [email protected]# for 3x12
Face Pull — 40# for 3x10
Tri kickbacks — [email protected]# for 3x12
Farmers Walk — 155# with trap bar, up and down the half-hall

Was going for 5x3 on the bench. First couple sets I did paused Spoto-style; probly at the third step I stopped being able to pause it, but still had good ROM, touching the shirt. At 145# I "failed" on the 3rd rep; but I failed by not descending fully, realizing in med-rep that if I brought it all the way down, I wouldn't be able to lift it back up. Not the kind of "fail" where you're stuck and need help. Almost failed on the last rep, #2 at 150#. Really struggled to push it up, esp on the left side.

Reducing the weight was a great idea. I had much better ROM thru all of these lifts; they were legal, which I don't think could have been said about a couple of my bench workouts earlier this month. Think I'll stick with this weight for a bit; either until I can do 3s across, or try 5-4-3-2-1 or something.

On my second set of Face Pulls, I suddenly realized that the exercise I really wanted to be doing was Bench Rows. How did I forget about those?? Jotting it down in my template, so I don't forget.

The half-hall is that I use for the Farmers Walk with the trap bar is very short. I'm not sure I'm getting 150 ft when I do my turn-&-a-half around it. I might need to go back to my straps, to get some distance. The trap bar is so damn stable, though.

No working out the next few days. Off to a lake resort town in the western part of the state for a long weekend. Boating & pizza & drinking & whatnot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:17 pm 

I fucked up my left wrist a week ago, somehow. Not sure exactly when, probably the weekend we moved my stepdaughter into grad school. Not sure how, either. It hurt the way a wrist lock hurts when overcranked: at the sides and where it moves. One possible candidate: I helped a chick with her flat tire, which involved crawling under the front of her pickup truck and trying to use one of those screw jacks. Here's was old and rusted, didn't want to turn, and the metal piece I used to turn it wasn't the right size. Anyway, I mostly ignored the wrist for a few days.

Until last week's piano lesson! (Three days after we moved her.) I'm working on a piece where my left hand comes up to play a melody line around Middle C: that means my left forearm comes across to the midline of my body, then my left wrist bends out so my fingers can play the notes. Imagine two 45-degree angles to make sort of an S-line or Z-line from my shoulder to the keyboard: one angle at the elbow and one angle at the wrist. That sideways bend of the wrist to play notes, hurt like shit. I actually winced when I went to play the notes.

That got my fucking attention. If it hurts to play piano – not talking about doing judo, or the standing Japanese jujitsu with wrist locks that we do in karate, or weightlifting: it hurts to play piano – then my problem was more serious than I thought. But still felt like something that would heal up on its own, not something that required a trip to the orthopedist or anything.

I bought one of those $7 wrist braces at the grocery store, where you stick your thumb in the hole and wrap it around, then velcro it. Not very substantial, and it had no splinting, but it gave support and stiffness. Wore it for most of this past week: to the long weekend at Deep Creek Lake, while driving the boat etc. One thing I noticed first time I took the brace off: my wrist was a little SWOLLEN. Left side puffier than the right side. Not enough to notice unless I looked closely, but there was a difference. Wore the brace while sleeping, and while driving. Basically tried to be careful and just default wear it, unless there was a reason not to (like when I jumped into the lake with my son).

After ~5 days of that, my wrist has improved a lot. Wore it to piano today, to stay mindful during practice AND have my teacher see an obvious visual excuse for the inevitable mistakes I was going to make. But I'm not as worried about it as I was before the weekend.

Wed 8/29

Piano Lesson

Worked more on the same Microjazz piece as last week. Made some progress. We picked a tempo to start with for Hands-Together practice, much lower than the target tempo specified in the music. This will be the first time I've dug out the metronome since, I dunno, maybe since my audition in May.

I'm tired of this "summer pace", where weeks and weeks go by and I'm still working on the same short pieces. This is the last summer lesson: The Boy goes back to school next week. My practice habits ought to be able to resume their former shape. I'll be able to get rolling again. That'll be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:31 pm 

Thu 8/30

Front Squat warmup — 45,95
Back Squat — 175# for 5x3
Mil Press — 60# for 3x12
Lat Pulldown — 110# for 3x12

Skipped Calf Raise, Adduct/Abduct & Farmers Walk due to being a pussy.

Next squat workout looking like it will be a milestone for me.

Friday morning, wrist feels remarkably better. Fresh, resilient. There's still a little pain when I move in a certain direction, but not much and very specific to that angle of motion. The sideways wrist-rolling, unweighted, just holding a bowl or large ramekin, helps make it feel better. Also finger extensor practice with a fat rubber band seems to help, interestingly.

Anyway, not quite 100%, but SO much improved from before, and clearly on the way to being all better soon. VERY reassuring.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:17 am 

School started for The Boy! Shout hallelujah.

Tue 9/4

Front Squat warmup — 105# for 2x3
Back Squat — 180# for 5x3 <-- PR!!!!
Mil Press — 65# for 3x10
Lat Pulldown — 120# for 3x10
Calf Raise — +125# for 2x12 (+ tib pulls with the orange band)
Adduct/Abduct — 110# for 2x10

Skipped Farmers Walk. Was not feeling it after squatting.

That goddam squat PR has been pending for 18 MONTHS. I squatted 175# on March 30 of 2017. That was just ~4 months into my lifting. Since then my squat number has not gone up a single goddam pound! Until today. Enough to make you wonder just what the fuck I've been doing all this time.

But not right now. I got back into lifting four months ago, starting with the 5x5x5 program of Pavel's that SubClaw drew my attention to. In that time I've hit PRs in each of the three powerlifts, and I'm closing in on another one in the Clean. I just have nothing to bitch about. (Except recurring pain when I move my right shoulder a certain way, and my left hip. Probly no big deal, right?)

Two of those three sets of pull-ups, I did with only the red band, instead of both bands (red + orange). So maybe I'm getting a teeny bit stronger there.

May need to switch the tib pulls to using the heavier red band.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 pm 

Wed 9/5

Piano lesson

Worked on all three pieces: "Tram Stop" from the Microjazz book, "Why Am I Blue" from the Method book, and "Little Brown Jug" from the Method book. Now I know how to practice each of them; hopefully now that the boy's back in school, I can make some progress for next week.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:59 am 

Wed 9/5, night

Judo class

No class tonight! I showed up late, like 15 mins after it started, and no one was there. Our usual room was empty; I walked over to the basketball court that we use on Saturdays: no dice. Walked to basement to the room we used that one time: nothing going. Was heading to the front desk to ask what gives – and instructor flagged me down! He said no one showed up. So he had gone to his car and come back in with some gear for a solo work out: battling ropes and uchikomi bands.

He asked me if I wanted to have a class? I said not if it's just the two os us. But can you show me the workout you'd do with the gear? He seemed relieved. He has a new baby at home, and he mentioned that he jacked his shoulder a little at Judo on Saturday; he probly wasn't eager to have a 40-pounds-heavier dude throwing him a lot.

So we went upstairs and set up the stuff, and did a workout for about 30-45 mins. Or rather, instructor worked out. I dipped in and out, tried a couple things, rested & watched, tried a couple more, etc. Did break a sweat, though. This was great for me. The uchikomi bands are fucking amazing. I feel like I learned more about Tai Otoshi and Harai just from a dozen or so reps with the uchikomi bands, then I've learned in several classes working with actual partners. Timing and feet and weight shift and staying on the balls of my feet.

Ima hafta gitme summa dose. Sold out on Neal Adams dotcom, but there's something similar on JudoMarket dotcom. I could probably fake something up with jumpstretch bands and a couple rags; maybe something with a grommet in it, and then a carabiner to hook it to the band. Here's Aussi Matt D'Aquino showing how to work it with just a theraband:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-TFSCLUNw

So there's options.

Cool!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:45 am 

Looks like I lost a log post? From Thursday night?
Re-constructing:

Thu 9/6

Bench — 130#,135,140,145,150 for 5,4,3,2,1
Band-assisted Pull-up — 3x2.5
Clean High Pull — 105# for 5x3
Side-lying DB external rotation — 2.5# for 2x15
Incl DB Row — [email protected]@ for 2x12

Love the "reverse pyramid" for Benching! 5 reps @ 130#, 4 @135, down/up to [email protected]#. Same total reps as 5x3, but better form. I was able to do paused Spoto-style until I got up to my 2-rep and 1-rep weights: so that's 12 of 15 reps done paused Spoto-style, while still getting to challenging weights in the workout.

On the pull-ups, third rep in each set I didn't quite get all the way up. So touched my feet and jumped up to the finish position, held it for 5+ secs and then lowered for 5+ secs: that was my "third" rep in each set.

Wife called while I was in the middle of my high pull sets, her regular commute was disrupted and she needed me to pick her up. Did a couple sets of the side-lying rotation, left, then when I got home did a light set of DB rows.

Later: received the Captains of Crush beginner set, 3 of their lightest grippers. Next day, received the extensor bands. So, some hand training in my future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:21 pm 

Mon 9/10

Front Squat warmup — 45#,105# for 2x3
Back Squat — 185# for 5x3
Mil Press — 65# for 3x12
Lat Pulldown — 120# for 3x12
Calf Raise — +125# for 2x12 (+ tib pulls with red band)
Adduct/Abduct — 130# for 2x8
Reverse flyes — orange (light) band for 2x15
Side-lying external rotation — 5# for 2x15

Skipped the band-assisted pull-ups.

I've been feeling pretty good about myself, hitting a PR in the squat the other day and pushing it a little higher today. Very cute girl in the next squat rack, young maybe college-age, was squatting with 225#. Derp.

Her workout was no joke. She was squatting when I arrived, mixing it up with deadlift variants and some step-up exercises. I had to wait a while to get into a squat rack; then I did my warmup squats and my 5x3; she finally finished just as I finished my last set of OHP. So, I guess no wonder she got strong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:26 pm 

Wed 9/12

Piano lesson

We pronounced me done with "Why Am I Blue", which is very fun to play. Muddled my way thru "Little Brown Jug"; I'm not good at it yet, but I basically have it. I know how to practice it. Then we turned our attention to "Tram Stop". I brought my mp3 player and a portable speak; I played the accompaniment track from the Microjazz CD (comes with the book) for my teacher. He found that cool. Then we worked on the piece a little. Honestly, all that needs from me is some metronome work to clean it up. I ought to be able to polish that up this week.

Then we looked at the next piece in the Method book, the Mexican Hand Clapping Song. My sight-reading sucks ass. But as soon as I got what tune it was, I think this'll be pretty easy to learn.

Starting to feel more like the rate of progress I was used to when The Boy was in school, stark contrast to the stuck-in-the-mud feeling I had during the summer. So, that's good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 pm 

Wed 9/12

Bench — 130#,135,140,145,150 for 5,4,3,2,2
Clean High Pull — 110# for 7x3 <— PR!
LegExt — [email protected]# for 2x12
Incl DB Row — 30# for 2x12
Side-lying external rotation — 5# for 2x15
External rotation on knee — 5# for 2x15

The last set of my reverse pyramid in the bench, scheduled for 1 rep, I managed 2 at 150#. All the way down to chest and back up. Pleased.

110# in the Power Clean is a new PR for me; I did 105# in May of 2017, 16 months ago. So that's nice. Of course I'm not doing Power Cleans, I'm doing the Clean High Pull. On my last set, the first rep I did as a Clean, just to test that I could. I did the shittiest, barely-catching it, rattling & rickety Power Clean you've ever heard of; but I did basically finish in the rack. So I'm counting it as a new PR in the clean. Jolted my shoulder on the catch, which I didn't like — these High Pulls might be a good idea.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 pm 

Saturday did a small amount of actual labor. Rented a pickup truck from the hardware store, and loaded some shit into it: an old dining room set, a small bureau, some old sliding closet doors, lots of baby shit. Drove to Goodwill and gave them everything they would take; then the rest to the dump. This filled up my Judo window, unfortunately, but the home is in better shape.

Sun 9/16

Snatch Grip DL — 165# for 8,8,6 (grip fail)
Band-Assisted Pull-Ups — for 3x4
Split Squat — Unweighted for 3x6
Push-up — for 3x12
Reverse flyes — orange (light) band for 2x15
Side-lying external rotation — 7.5# for 2x15
External rotation on knee — 5# for 2x15

Haven't done any form of DL in like a month. Grip is such a challenge. How wide apart is snatch grip? I've been putting my hands outside of the power rings, to make sure they're wide enough. But at that width, my ring & pinky fingers have trouble wrapping around. They get forced open as I come up. I wonder if a supinated grip might help with that? Pinky & ring would be closer, rather than further away, so they might be better positioned for grip.

On the positive side, I really felt these in my upper back, between my scaps.

Managed a 4th rep on the first set of pull-ups; so I went for 4 on my next two. That was a little ambitious. Wound up doing a static hold at the top and a slow lower for the 4th "rep" on both sets.

Finally tried the rear-foot elevated split squat (Bulgarian?). Shocked how much I felt it in the tib muscle and the quads of the back leg. Hard! After my first try, I ran and got a step with a lower height than the bench, and did the first real set on there, rear leg on the ball of my foot. For my second & third set, I repositioned the bench so I could hold onto something, and put my foot on the bench again, instep down. The hold was just for stability/reassurance; I tried not to pull to help myself up. I'm gonna have to get used to these, before I try holding a dumbbell or something. Challenging as shit. But I can already see how these can be great for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:54 am 

Tue 9/18

Karate class.

Taught kids, then stayed for adults. Yoga warmup, basic motion, forms, some fighting drills, one or two sparring rounds, finished with some (standing) jits; but not very much. Broke a good sweat. Kicked a really tall guy in the face several times during the drill work. Sore after.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:46 pm 

Wed 9/19

Piano lesson

Pretty much done with "Tram Stop" (Microjazz); I might play it a couple times with the accompaniment that came on a CD with the book. Very close on "Little Brown Jug" (Method), maybe another few days. One of the neat things about working in two books simultaneously, they reinforce each other. Both of these two pieces have me playing double-notes in the right hand, usually sixths but actually changing the harmonic interval in some sections. The music is different, but the "lesson content" is very similar. Still hands-separate on the Mexican Clapping Song, but I have all the pieces. Just need to take time to put it together.

I arranged to cancel my lessons, next week will be my last. I think this guy is great; but it's felt weird for me ever since I spoke to the other lady about starting up with her after the holidays. She participates in the (Canadian) Royal Conservatory of Music curriculum and the exams, and that's more complete & structured than what my teacher does. It's a program I want to be in.

So we looked ahead in the two books I've been working in, picking out the things that are new:
  • A minor, the related minor of C major;
  • D minor, the related minor of F major;
  • the difference between Natural Minor and Harmonic Minor: you raise the seventh a half-step to get the leading tone for the cadence. So the Natural Minor would have no accidentals; it's the same key-signature as its related major. But the Harmonic Minor does use accidentals, because it sharps the seventh.
All of this made total sense to me.

After we'd discussed some of this, teacher said "Honestly, you can probably play anything in this book right now," referring to the Method book. That was my take as well, that I've learned enough to progress thru the Method book on my own pretty much. So that's what I'll do, probly for the rest of this year. Maybe buy a good Christmas music book around Halloween, and learn those for the holidays.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:29 am 

Fri 9/21

Bench — 135#,140,145,150,155 for 5,4,3,2,1
Hold-Up — static hold in top pull-up position for ~10 secs, then lower slowly, for 3x2
Clean High Pull — 115# for 7x3
LegExt — [email protected]# for 2x12
Incl DB Row — 35# for 2x12
Side-lying external rotation — 7.5# for 2x15
External rotation on knee — 10# for 2x15

Did the static hold in pull-up position without bands.

Probably went too heavy in the External rotation on knee. I could do them, but I had to try too hard: not a rehabby feel. Cut this down to 7.5 for next time.

Gym hack: I've started using pennies to keep track of my sets when I'm doing a "high" number of sets of one exercise, like seven. Grab some pennies and put them in my pocket. When I finish a set, I toss a penny on the floor. When I go back for my next set, the count of sets I've already done is easy to see.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:39 am 

Sat 9/22

Off-leash walk at the park with the dog. Not our usual route but seemed like it was around a mile, in that ballpark.

Felt like the healthiest damn thing I've done in weeks.

Boy & my wife came with. He raced to the big playground, so she went with him and I peeled off with the dog to hit the trails. A very nice family evening.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

5-7.5lbs for the two rotator cuff exercises for high reps should be plenty. Glad you've been including them!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next