Worst Log Ever

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

ccrow
Gunny

Worst Log Ever

Post by ccrow » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:43 pm

“But when I stand in front of the mirror and really look, I wonder: What the fuck happened here? Jesus Christ. What a beating!”

Today is the first day of

That's enough for one day.
But when I stand in front of the mirror and really look, I wonder: What the fuck happened here? Jesus Christ. What a beating!

newguy

Re: Worst Log Ever

Post by newguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:23 am

How many sets did you do???
"When I was little, my father was famous. He was the greatest samurai in the empire. And he was the Shogun's decapitator. He cut off the heads of a 131 Lords. It was a bad time for the empire."

ccrow
Gunny

Post by ccrow » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:20 pm

newguy wrote:How many sets did you do???
=D> none of them

morning warmup
rumble roller
sldl with small kettlebell
plank
downward dog / upward dog
camel
bow
prisoner squats
side lunges
pushups
"salute" with small kettlebell: armbar, armbar press, kneeling press, stand, one hand press, windmill, OHSQ; windmill, press...
seated saddle stretch - active isolaton style
cobra

Aye aye aye ...
Last edited by ccrow on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But when I stand in front of the mirror and really look, I wonder: What the fuck happened here? Jesus Christ. What a beating!

ccrow
Gunny

Post by ccrow » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:32 am

Dude. Just wait to see my new log. Fuck, I haven't even started it yet and it's worse than this.

ccrow
Gunny

Post by ccrow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Dude. Just wait to see my new log. Fuck, I haven't even started it yet and it's worse than this.
I can't wait!
=D>

ccrow
Gunny

Post by ccrow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Yesterday, shtugatz, little sore from the rumble roller.

Today, morning warmup...
Rumble roller - calves, thighs, hips, sides / serratus area
Planks, downward dogs, upward dogs, hindu pushups, some other pushups I saw in a maxwell video, side planks
repetitions / durations in the miniscule to screwing around range
one legged deadlift with small kettlebell
squats alternated with knuckle pushups - 1-1-2-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6-6 twice
and off to the shower.

ccrow
Gunny

Post by ccrow » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Yesterday didn't do anything. I was a little sore.

Today

Dips - starting with -200 x 20, working up to bodyweight (225) x double, triple, five
alternated with all kinds of laterals, side laterals, crucifix, front raise, prone on incline bench at various heights
db curls up to 45's x 5 each
some reverse curls
steep incline db press - picked up 25's to warm up with but quit, left shoulder clicking
started to do some tricep pushdowns but it hurt the left shoulder just getting in position (?) did not expect that...
so I tried some pullovers with two dumbbells, the left shoulder is very weak and restricted even with 5 pounds (!)
something to work on...

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:48 pm

ccrow wrote:. . . the left shoulder is very weak and restricted even with 5 pounds (!)
something to work on...
what does that work look like?
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

ccrow
Gunny

Post by ccrow » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 pm

dead man walking wrote:
ccrow wrote:. . . the left shoulder is very weak and restricted even with 5 pounds (!)
something to work on...
what does that work look like?
I don't know yet. I'll probably take the high road and the low road. The low road is just see what's weak and work on it, or even lower, just take the shotgun approach and do all kinds of shoulder rehab / prehab exercises and hope for the best. The high road I'll take some time and be patient and try various tests and pay very close attention to what's going on in and around the shoulder during the tests and see if a light bulb goes off.

Yesterday I did two sets of flat bench presses with 25# dumbbells hoping to get some blood flowing and reduce soreness, it seemed to help. I don't have a proper bench in the house but this thing worked:

I am a little over the 225 weight limit without the dumbbells but that's life on the edge.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Nerve issues? Bob L from the P&B had an impinge nerve and his left arm and hand was 70% weaker than his right, or so

ccrow
Gunny

Post by ccrow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Nerve issues? Bob L from the P&B had an impinge nerve and his left arm and hand was 70% weaker than his right, or so
I remember that, he had TOS didn't he? That's something to think of, I hadn't considered. I only notice weakness in that one aspect, maybe that would give a clue to what nerve.

This morning
small KB around the back pass - 10-10-9-9-8-8-...-3-3-2-2-1-1
plank on elbows 30"
side plank l. elbow 30"
side plank r. elbow 30"
KB rdl x 20
up dog 1' * left big toe
down dog 1' * r calf
pancake 1' super stiff
prisoner squat static hold just below parallel 1'
up dog 1'
left lunge static hold 45"
down dog 1'
right lunge static hold 45"
pancake 1'

now some pullovers with the itty bitty dumbbells
2x7# - felt a little off on the right side but OK with some adjustment
2x11# - felt like the left side shoulder was starting to get out of place, feels like I don't have the flexibility somewhere, maybe the triceps are part of the problem...

I'll do some dips later, that will show them who's boss.