IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:33 pm 
Jesus Christ®

2018.12.03PM; jiu-jitsu...walked to the academy, assisted with the beginners' class, then played four rounds of guard (closed and knee-shield half) and walked home.

The yoga is helping, so I made sure to do a series of surya-namaskar before bed to shake off some of the residual tension of training.

Aloha!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 am 
Jesus Christ®

HOTTTFIYAH fi mi gilet jaune.

2018.12.04PM; jiu-jitsu...walked to the academy for class.

Showed up, there was a Master's world champ, three other black belts, assorted other students, and your feline servant. Class was an hour of De La Riva passes and then rounds. I focused exclusively on pulling guard and reversing.

Man, I'm too spent to recount them but it's really, really great to be training with all kinds of great grapplers again. The world champ guy is from Japan and is a former Shooto champ if that gives you any idea of the quality.

Walked home feeling stoked.

Aloha!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:56 pm 
Jesus Christ®

2018.12.05PM; Astanga-yoga x 20 minutes before I got disgusted with it and stopped. Aloha!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:42 pm 
Jesus Christ®

"Never complain that your afflictions are many or heavy or prolonged because God orders everything in number, weight, and measure." -St. Francis de Sales

2018.12.06PM; I saw this little quote accidentally today and it gave me some courage to face the day. I have had insomnia the past two nights, getting up at 2:30 a.m. and not being able to go back to sleep. It's not fun and I'm kinda in a fugue-state.

I did some light dumbbell bodybuilding just to pass the time: pressing, curling, rowing, raises, etc.

Aloha!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:51 am 
Jesus Christ®

2018.12.08AM; jiu-jitsu...Saturday class, attendance was pretty thin due to heavy rain.

The class itself was excellent, attacks from seated guard: collar drag, arm drag, attacking the back with collar and rear naked chokes, both top back and rolling through.

I personally worked a related topic: loop choke from steated guard off the collar drag, and then sweeping or coming up depending on their reaction to the loop choke.

After that was 5:00 rounds with the young folks and then some more drilling.

Now I'm off to take my wife to Guns n' Roses at Aloha Stadium.

Aloha!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am 
Sergeant Commanding

That's a good day!