San Diego was hit with a decent amount of rain which has kept me out of the Ocean the past few days (yesterday the surf looked fun). On top of that I have had no drive to workout at all.
Once again, I must admit defeat to my attempt at a high-volume training approach.
Looking at notes from the end of 2017 and with a couple tweaks, here's my new program (rotating through the six workouts, up to four a week, in no particular order):
1) Shoulder Press, Shoulder Press, Row, Row, Internal Rotation
2) Bench, Chin, Biceps, Triceps, Rear Delts, Internal/External Rotation
3) Dynamic Warm-Up, Explosive or Isometric - Upper Push, Upper Pull, Lower Push, Lower Pull, Core; External Rotation
4) Abs w/ TVA, Abs w/ TVA, Obliques w/TVA
5) Squats, Lunges, Hamstrings, Calves, Shin, Lower Back
6) VMO Exercise, Leg Extensions, Lateral Glutes, Adductors, Posterior Glutes
Nothing sexy about any of it, but I need to actually do my damn workouts to get anything out of them.
In my down time, I've been studying the surfing in this video. This guy is almost constantly below and behind the lip, taking all the speed the wave has to offer. Would like to figure out how to do that.
"Believe strongly that the world is on your side if you keep true to what is best in you." - Master Carlos Gracie