Great Book on Weightlifting (Oly)

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Trip

Post by Trip »

The book advises a slow, gradual, light, top down approach to learning the ins and outs of Oly WL, so getting to the actual good part of doing the lifts is something that might take some weeks or months to achieve, but the wait is well worth it if you want to do things correctly.
While that seems to be the method of many traditional coaches, including Jim Schultz (sp?) many are saying to does not need to take so long. This list includes Dan John, Mike Burgener and my coach John Coffee. Just another opinion and not a put down to the book. I started with Schultz's program myself.

Topic author
Trip

Post by Trip »

I have heard that DJ's DVD is very good. I could send you Schmitz's DVD's if you want to check them out.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

TOMMY FUCKING KONO!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Mick
Gunny

Post by Mick »

Fat Cat wrote:TOMMY FUCKING KONO!
you still fucking owe me for teaching you to wrestle North English styleee

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

What you want, negro? I'd send you my Kono book but it was personally signed to me by Tommy.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Mick
Gunny

Post by Mick »

Fat Cat wrote:What you want, negro? I'd send you my Kono book but it was personally signed to me by Tommy.
Deal. He probly hates you anyway. Fatty.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I continue to make the kettlebell versions of the oly lifts my staple, using kettlebells purely for convenience. My last session with the weights was: clean and press, snatch, and front squats. So in a manner of speaking, yes. That said, I never was any good at the full squat style. I do consider it the best way to train for grappling strength, but that is just my opinion.

Have I ever competed in the sport of weightlifting? No.