"The Devil's Rejects"

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

"The Devil's Rejects"

Post by GoDogGo! »

I actually have to go along with Roger Ebert and say that this is a very well-done movie. Rob Zombie has gotten much, much better as a director since "House of 1000 Corpses" and his wife has even evolved into a decent actress.

Good pacing, twisty plot, good performances, and less "cartoonish" than "1000 Corpses." That said, I don't recommend it for anyone who isn't some die-hard fan of 70's exploitation horror like "Last House On The Left." It's just nasty. Very, very nasty.

I'd prefer to see a decent monster movie or sci-fi. If I want to watch human beings acting like psycho chimps, I can turn on the news or read the paper. I wish Zombie would get out of this 70's gutter and do a real horror movie.

Still, it is very well done if you can stomach it. Certain scenes, like the finale (which is entirely silent except for fuckin' "FREEBIRD") stand out as being really masterful. Plus of course there's Diamond Dallas Page as one of the "Unholy Two," a team of bounty hunters.

Not a date film.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Zombie raised the bar for what a modern horror flick should be with this one.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Ronald RayGun wrote:Zombie raised the bar for what a modern horror flick should be with this one.
In terms of direction/pacing/art direction/etc., definitely. In terms of subject matter, not so much. JMO.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Fair enough. At the very least anyone who considers themselves even mild horror flick fans owe it to themselves to give it a look.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

cbel413
Sarge

Post by cbel413 »

I thought it was a pretty good horror flick.