Circle of Iron

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Circle of Iron

Post by Shapecharge »

This movie is so bad that you can't stop watching it. The martial arts scenes are worse than the stuff you did as a kid in the living room of your shitty house when you were growing up. Watch this movie if you dare! David Carridine plays three roles!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078975/

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Circle of Iron

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Yeah, it's utter shit.

This is a good example of what you get when you combine a martial arts movie with a first time casting director whose career ended three years later. With a better cast I think they could have done more with the martial arts, but you've got Carradine who's about as athletic as my dead grandmother and that Michael Bolton leading man who just...didn't...look...the...part. I'm not really sure what they were going for with him.

The script is OK, if you like your Eastern philosophy a tad higher than fortune cookie wisdom. I get where Bruce Lee and company were coming from, but this is what you get when you combine good drugs with reading too many Alan Watts books.

The funniest part of the whole affair is that Kung Fu Panda blatantly ripped off the ending.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Is it worse than Mega Python vs. Gatoroid starring Tiffany and Debbie Gibson? Currently playing on SyFy channel?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Naw, I'm kind of with Shapecharge...there are bad movies like SyFy originals, and then there's stuff like Circle of Iron that is bad but at least presents you with shit you've never seen before. Eli Wallach sitting in a tub of oil in the middle of the desert...it gives you that goofy head cocked look like when a dog hears a strange noise...it at least delivers that.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

But hey, it's got Christopher Lee in it. And Lee is awesome in everything.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Dirt McGirt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dirt McGirt »

"Your legs look like seaweed."