Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Total Game Plan Strength Summit DVDs

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

1. John Bogart's Bench technique

Actually learned a lot. Very solid on positioning and set up. And my set up was not that bad to begin with. I'd recommend this, despite JB being a short armed, barrel chested freak with a 6 inch bench stroke.

2. Mike Tuchsherer's Squat technique

These were both on the same DVD. Mike's portion was a bit more nebulous, but he had some very good tips and instruction in here as well.

You get total positioning tips from both guys from hands to feet on both lifts.

There is a programming segment and a deadlift segment I haven't watched yet.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Re: Total Game Plan Strength Summit DVDs

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

I bought the two disc set where Mike T. talks about how to set up an RTS program and plan cycles.
While it is clear that Mike knows his shit, I walked away feeling sort of overwhelmed by the process of doing it that in depth. The "hardware vs. software" goals were confusing in particular to me.
Overall, I felt like it was money well spent and I feel like I do have a better understanding of autoregulation and found "fatigue drops" to be something useful to throw into training day to day.
Definitely worth the money, but I'm not sure that RTS, at least planned out the way it sounds Mike does, is realistic for someone with a young family and a fucked up work/sleep schedule.

Another thing...after watching the discs I've gone to the RTS website a few times and have been impressed with how much Mike is on the boards helping people sort stuff out.

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

There seem to be varying levels to take it to.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Agreed.
It's useful info.
Get that shit.