Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Dirt McGirt
Staff Sergeant

Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Post by Dirt McGirt »

Watched this 'documentary' on Netflix over the course of two workouts split between stationary bike and treadmill time this week. I will note for the record that decades ago I minored in philosophy, so that might be why I was excited by a pseudo-documentary trying to be an accessible bit of modern media related to 20th century ideology.

I liked it a lot, though, and it obviously did not hurt that one of the examples they examined was the fight scene from the classic Rowdy Roddy Piper vehicle "They Live;" give it 10 minutes, and maybe you'll decide it's worth finishing. The narrator's accent is tough to deal with, but other than that it was interesting.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Re: Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Post by seeahill »

They Live.
It's deep.
(fast forward through the credits to get to the philosophy)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18qD9hmU9xg[/youtube]

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Dirt McGirt wrote:Watched this 'documentary' on Netflix over the course of two workouts split between stationary bike and treadmill time this week. I will note for the record that decades ago I minored in philosophy, so that might be why I was excited by a pseudo-documentary trying to be an accessible bit of modern media related to 20th century ideology.

I liked it a lot, though, and it obviously did not hurt that one of the examples they examined was the fight scene from the classic Rowdy Roddy Piper vehicle "They Live;" give it 10 minutes, and maybe you'll decide it's worth finishing. The narrator's accent is tough to deal with, but other than that it was interesting.

Sold.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Is it available with English subtitles?
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats