Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Expendables 3

Post by Protobuilder »

I wanted to like this as well.

It's not possible to have spoiler warnings about a movie that everybody knows what it's about so here's the summary.

Barney gets the Expendables together again but they can't get the job done because they're too old so he fires them and hires new expendables who can't get the job done so he brings back the old expendables to get the job done.

I liked the old guys though wonder why Randy Couture keeps getting paid when he doesn't seem to do or say anything. Antonio Banderas is the only guy who showed up to earn a paycheck though Wesley Snipes was pretty awesome in the first 15 minutes though they didn't let him speak again after that. Actually, I'm not sure that anybody other than Stallone, Statham, Gibson and Schwarzenegger had more than ten words to learn. Of course, this is probably a good thing when you consider the new people. Victor Ortiz & Ronda Rousey will be fighting for the Golden Raspberries this year. I seriously wanted to see Mel Gibson kill the new guys then pan back to the old guys laughing and telling stories at the bar. Perhaps even better would have been to have the old guys outright kill the new guns.

In any event, the best thing is that when Stallone nearly kills a franchise this badly, he tends to come back with a closer that is as good as you ever hoped for so perhaps Expendables 4 will be better. Perhaps 5.

Suggested. Proto will like it.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Expendables 3

Post by nafod »

Was there a Lemon Party at some point?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Too violent. Doesn't anyone out there in Hollywood believe in kissing anymore?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I haven't been interested in any of these Expendable movies. They look stupid.

Topic author
Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

nafod wrote:Was there a Lemon Party at some point?
No, but you can hope it's in the deleted scenes on the DVD.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

It'd have been a fun prank to sneak into their fridge and swap out all their T for estrogen.
Don’t believe everything you think.