New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20703
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Turdacious » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Nice choice, I approve.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6303
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Doctor who?

***Badump-bump...TISS***

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19097
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Turdacious wrote:Nice choice, I approve.

Totally..P.Cap is awesome though I was irked at all the apologetic for his age...that's rubbish. He's the Doctor, never know what your're going to get...The "someone else has been smiling with my face" line would have sufficed.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8427
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by DARTH » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 pm

I think it's a return to the more mature (on one hand), older Doctors of the first 4. We've had a string of young guys so it's time for a middle aged Doctor.

Guy looks like my Uncle Boomer.


I thought he was pretty good, you can tell he's new to the character but that can also be intentional as the man needed to figure himself out.




"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

User avatar
rjudo
Gunny
Posts: 782
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:17 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by rjudo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:24 am

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Doctor who?

***Badump-bump...TISS***

Just.........the Doctor
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

User avatar
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8427
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by DARTH » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Not a name, more like a promise he made to himself.

I hope one day they get more into his upbringing, they did a little with a Master episode.




"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20703
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Turdacious » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:01 am

Capaldi seems to be the only sanity in the rampant Torchwood syndrome (i.e. lack of fun + poorly written political correct nihilism) that's infected the franchise.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8427
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by DARTH » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Torchwood Blows! Pun intended! \:D/


That's a problem with Brit TV in general, PC is a rampant disease over there. So me of the shit on Doc Martin really irks me. How the fuck can a man who is usually so blunt and no bullshit put up with some of his Ol' Lady's bullshit concerning their son without slapping her ass with an injunction over custody matters when she goes all fickle?




"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19097
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Turdacious wrote:Capaldi seems to be the only sanity in the rampant Torchwood syndrome (i.e. lack of fun + poorly written political correct nihilism) that's infected the franchise.

Ouch.

The turthiness of that statement chafes.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6631
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: The Rockies

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by buckethead » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Image

Two thumbs up

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20703
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Turdacious » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 pm

There hasn't been a good episode this season w/o Madame Vastra.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19097
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Turdacious wrote:There hasn't been a good episode this season w/o Madame Vastra.

Strax fuckign slays me.......He is so an apprentice of our own Drath....

Image
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6768
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Dunn » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Turdacious wrote:There hasn't been a good episode this season w/o Madame Vastra.

Strax fuckign slays me.......He is so an apprentice of our own Drath....

Image

I still chuckle about the time I pissed off Paul Carter by saying he looked like a Sontaran. Talk about butthurt....hahahaha.

Also, I agree on both counts. I always enjoy them.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19097
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 am

ZOMG...Paul Carter is such a Sontoran.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20703
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Turdacious » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 am

DRATH'S LACK OF COMMENT ON THIS IMPORTNAT HTREAD MAKES ME THINK THERE IS NO HOEP FOR DOCTOR WOH!!!!!!!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8427
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by DARTH » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:52 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Turdacious wrote:There hasn't been a good episode this season w/o Madame Vastra.

Strax fuckign slays me.......He is so an apprentice of our own Drath....

Image
He's a great character, the Worf of Doctor Who, but way cooler.




"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

aussie luke
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by aussie luke » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:48 pm

DARTH wrote:Torchwood Blows! Pun intended! \:D/


That's a problem with Brit TV in general, PC is a rampant disease over there. So me of the shit on Doc Martin really irks me. How the fuck can a man who is usually so blunt and no bullshit put up with some of his Ol' Lady's bullshit concerning their son without slapping her ass with an injunction over custody matters when she goes all fickle?
Mega lolz to discover you lot in the US of A watch Doc Martin!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19097
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:27 pm

aussie luke wrote:
DARTH wrote:Torchwood Blows! Pun intended! \:D/


That's a problem with Brit TV in general, PC is a rampant disease over there. So me of the shit on Doc Martin really irks me. How the fuck can a man who is usually so blunt and no bullshit put up with some of his Ol' Lady's bullshit concerning their son without slapping her ass with an injunction over custody matters when she goes all fickle?
Mega lolz to discover you lot in the US of A watch Doc Martin!

Fuck yea we do.....non AMC tv just blows...We'll take your droll ass comedy, and slow as molasses crime dramas and oceans of clever as fuck dialogue.....Here's the Walking Dead and Breaking Bad...you're welcome
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8427
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by DARTH » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Inspector Morse/Lewis, Life on Mars, Saxondale, Doc Martin, Zen, Silk, Black's Books, Red Dwarf, The Young Ones/ Comic Strip Presents, Blackadder, House of Cards and of coarse Doctor Who and a lot more. Brits make great TV and film too.

Brit and commonwealth actors tend to be better than Americans. When American trys to act a Brit and you know it, but Brits and the like are great at playing Americans. Look at Walking Dead? Rick and the Gov plus the hot little number Glen gets to eat out? Brits. Jon Simms and Martin Chambers make you think they are Americans when they want to.

I'm as pro USA as you can get but I think people you actively try to ignore talent from the Brit world are fools and missing out on some great art when it comes to film and music.




"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

aussie luke
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by aussie luke » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:....Here's the Walking Dead and Breaking Bad...you're welcome
No no please, you keep em.

I live in Australia now but 90% of our TV viewing is watching UK shows on youtube or catch up tv sites (thank you Hola unblocker!)

We just worked our way through every available episode of Midsomer Murders on youtube. Couldn't stand it when we lived there but now after a few years of terrible shit on Aussie tv it is fucking amazing.

If you havent already, get the Hola pluggin for Chrome and you can watch anything on BBC iplayer. Also recently discovered Dave tv which is a UK channel - their website has loads of brit comedies and panel shows etc.

I hope to god none of you are watching any Aussie export tv shows if there are any. It is absolute fucking dogshit. It's all terrible low budget versions of all the big brother / voice / dancing with nobodies / DIY / bachelor / cooking shit. The rest is UK and US imports - usually the only things we can bear to watch are the endless re runs of Raymond and Big Bang Theory.

If you like Brit comedies or comedy panel quizzes etc I'd suggest looking for:

Would I lie to you
8 out of 10 cats
Not going out
Peep show
Dave Gorman's modern life is goodish
Room 101

And our backup if nothing else is available is QI

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20703
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by Turdacious » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:56 am

aussie luke wrote:If you havent already, get the Hola pluggin for Chrome and you can watch anything on BBC iplayer. Also recently discovered Dave tv which is a UK channel - their website has loads of brit comedies and panel shows etc.
Will check out Dave TV.

Big +1 on Hola, that's how I usually get my BBC fix. Great for ITV too. All anglophiles need this.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

aussie luke
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: New Doctor-- Peter Capaldi

Post by aussie luke » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:16 am

Turdacious wrote:
aussie luke wrote:If you havent already, get the Hola pluggin for Chrome and you can watch anything on BBC iplayer. Also recently discovered Dave tv which is a UK channel - their website has loads of brit comedies and panel shows etc.
Will check out Dave TV.

Big +1 on Hola, that's how I usually get my BBC fix. Great for ITV too. All anglophiles need this.

Also have a look at http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od - they have a massive library of stuff, and some catch up stuff of recent episodes. Only problem is I think they have some sort of IP blocked detector - so if you can work around that then there should be a load more stuff there.

Post Reply