Danner RAT boots

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
milosz

Danner RAT boots

Post by milosz »

Marine combat boots - bought a pair of factory seconds a couple of years ago cheap when I was trying to find wide boots in my size (13). Just saw that now they offer extra-wide, which is tempting to try, but I doubt I'll find a pair for under $100 like I did with the pair I own.

I've got the hot weather/desert boots (they go by Mojave now) - never had an issue in winter (such as you get winter in Texas), they're comfortable all day long. Not too heavy, good support, good grip. I was going to get a pair of light trail hikers for short nature walk/hikes but I tried these and they're perfect. They also look enough like casual boots to wear with jeans, which is nice compared to most hiking/combat/tactical boots.

Cue jokes: I wish they came with a 6" shaft rather than the standard 8".

Shit, it looks like Botach Tactical has some sizes for $60 on Ebay (retail is $340). That's a helluva deal.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Danner RAT boots

Post by TerryB »

Oh! SHOE THREAD!!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Re: Danner RAT boots

Post by JamesonBushmill »

milosz wrote:Marine combat boots - bought a pair of factory seconds a couple of years ago cheap when I was trying to find wide boots in my size (13). Just saw that now they offer extra-wide, which is tempting to try, but I doubt I'll find a pair for under $100 like I did with the pair I own.

I've got the hot weather/desert boots (they go by Mojave now) - never had an issue in winter (such as you get winter in Texas), they're comfortable all day long. Not too heavy, good support, good grip. I was going to get a pair of light trail hikers for short nature walk/hikes but I tried these and they're perfect. They also look enough like casual boots to wear with jeans, which is nice compared to most hiking/combat/tactical boots.

Cue jokes: I wish they came with a 6" shaft rather than the standard 8".

Shit, it looks like Botach Tactical has some sizes for $60 on Ebay (retail is $340). That's a helluva deal.
it's like you read my anus' mind.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf