If you go to Denver...

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
User avatar
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8034
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
Location: Deep in a well

If you go to Denver...

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 am

...and like sausage...

The Uber Sausage is amazing. Just a dive with outside only seating. Worth going out of your way for. I've never made a restaurant recommendation before but this is special.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by TerryB » Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 am

oddly enough, as much as I despise you, and everyone on this board (save Protobuilder!), I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks, and your recommendation may influence my eating habit on that particular day

imagine: for one day, it's like you and I have a connection.

thank you igx!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11380
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by nafod » Mon May 22, 2017 12:23 pm

TerryB wrote: I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks...
Annual shaving of the Orangutans?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8411
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Shapecharge » Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm

It's more like a class reunion kinda thing.

User avatar
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8034
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
Location: Deep in a well

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Mon May 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Much like myself, the Colorado Buffalo is spicy, creamy, and sweet.
Did not get to sample their array of canned beers. Would have gone again the second day I was there but the seating is outside and it was snowing.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by TerryB » Wed May 31, 2017 2:22 am

nafod wrote:
TerryB wrote: I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks...
Annual shaving of the Orangutans?
no homoflirting

will you be there?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Top
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Hub

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:33 pm

I i am heading to Denver in August. Any other recs from you degenerates much appreciated!
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

User avatar
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8034
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
Location: Deep in a well

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:59 pm

I don't go there all that often but just got back today from the second trip in a month.

Really liked Farmer Girl in Lyons, CO which you'll pass if Estes Park or Rocky Mtn. National Park are on the agenda. Menu was a little fancy for me but they were super friendly and the food was great. Pre-dinner beer at a locals bar next door, Pizza Bar 66, was fun primarily because of the geezer hippie vibe.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20484
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Turdacious » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 pm

I hear there are some amazing trails to ride there.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Top
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Hub

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 am

I've seen a ton online, Turd, unfortunately will not be with guys who ride. Maybe I can convince them to go by the REEB location...

I think I can convince at least a few to head to RMNP, anything there in particular that's a Do Not Miss for first time?
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

User avatar
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Bram » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:53 am

Turdacious wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 pm
I hear there are some amazing trails to ride there.
Valmont Mountain Bike Park in Boulder is free and amazing.
"If you live through defeat, you are not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won." - RZA

User avatar
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Bram » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:55 am

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:33 pm
I i am heading to Denver in August. Any other recs from you degenerates much appreciated!
The contemporary art museum is the best I remember being to, out of anywhere I've visited.
"If you live through defeat, you are not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won." - RZA

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11380
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by nafod » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 am
I've seen a ton online, Turd, unfortunately will not be with guys who ride. Maybe I can convince them to go by the REEB location...

I think I can convince at least a few to head to RMNP, anything there in particular that's a Do Not Miss for first time?
I was out there for a wedding in November, and got up early-early one morning and drove up to RMNP and back before the rest of my day started. Although mid-November, the road across the top was freakily clear of snow and open (thanks global warming!) That was as spectacular a drive as I've ever taken. Still had my mil CAC card and got in free to boot.

On the way back down and exiting, there were a line of cars literally a mile long to get in. Sucked to be them.

So my recommendation would be to get up before dark, drive in and up, and watch the sunrise with the park to yourselves. Killer start to a spectacular day.
Don’t believe everything you think.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 pm

TerryB wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 am
oddly enough, as much as I despise you, and everyone on this board (save Protobuilder!), I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks, and your recommendation may influence my eating habit on that particular day

imagine: for one day, it's like you and I have a connection.

thank you igx!
I've never been to Denver, Percy.

User avatar
Beer Jew
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3279
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Beer Jew » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm

bennyonesix wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 pm
TerryB wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 am
oddly enough, as much as I despise you, and everyone on this board (save Protobuilder!), I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks, and your recommendation may influence my eating habit on that particular day

imagine: for one day, it's like you and I have a connection.

thank you igx!
I've never been to Denver, Percy.
I know?

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by bennyonesix » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Beer Jew wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm
bennyonesix wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 pm
TerryB wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 am
oddly enough, as much as I despise you, and everyone on this board (save Protobuilder!), I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks, and your recommendation may influence my eating habit on that particular day

imagine: for one day, it's like you and I have a connection.

thank you igx!
I've never been to Denver, Percy.
I know?
Just who does Percy think he is?

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5022
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 am

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by Protobuilder » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:23 am

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 am
...and like sausage...
This thread so could have been about [email protected]
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Post Reply