Author Topic: Great Ab Exercise Choices
Member # 34
posted July 31, 2004 10:18 AMJuly 31, 2004 10:18 PM
My picks for core work:
1. Ab rollouts (with wheel or barbell)...you can get funky with these if you use jumpstretch bands creatively too.
2. Heavy side bends. By heavy I mean around bodyweight if you are over 200# and at least bodyweight (or more) if you are a lightweight. You could even substitute suitcase deads or some shit like that. Just a case in point: I do 250# for 3-4 reps using some farmers walks bars.
3. Iso style holds. Planks, hanging knee raise holds, hanging leg holds (L-sits), holds off a GHR or hyper bench. Holds in the standing ab position. Iso moves work very well for me.
4. Hanging leg raises/knee raises...yeah, I've been doing them since '89, gotten from the Health for Life course.
5. Twisting moves. FCT, russian twists, Gagne's cyclones...etc.
An archive of helpful advice compiled by IGer's.
1 post • Page 1 of 1