Kettlebell Training Wisdom

An archive of helpful advice compiled by IGer's.

Moderators: Dux, Gav

Dave

Kettlebell Training Wisdom

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:50 am

Author Topic: Kettlebell Training Wisdom
Trip
Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2004 07:30 AMJuly 29, 2004 07:30 PM

For the ten trillionth time:

LOW REPS MULTIPLE SETS FOR KETTLEBELL COMPETITION IS ONLY THE FIRST STEP TO GET THE VOLUME.

THEN YOU GRADUALLY INCREASE THE REPS PER SET WHILE COMPRESSING THE REST TIMES BETWEEN SETS UNTIL YOU HAVE 1 SET OF THE TARGET DESIRED NUMBER OF REPS. IF YOU RESPECT RECOVERY TIMES YOU WON'T SUFFER INJURIES OR TORN UP HANDS.

Am I missing something? Have all you guys tried this and found that it doesn't work?....I don't think so.

WHY IS THIS CONSTANTLY UNDER SUCH CONTROVERSY??? WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? JUST DO IT AND SHUT THE $%$#k UP ALREADY.

Pavel's elementary instruction in the RKC book in no way conflicts with what the "Russians" are doing. "The Russians" are highly advanced age old traditonal kettlebellers. Americans are still in kindergarten having seen their first kettlebell not much more than 2 years ago.

Alex and Andrey have been kettlebelling long long long before the first kettlebell ever hit the ground in the USA. You no doubt can get to that level eventually but learn to crawl before you start worrying about walking.

I was going to get drunk and pass out for the day...I haven't passed out yet.

BLAH BLAH BLAH...Andy

[ July 29, 2004, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: GavinHurt ]

Gav
Member # 34

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2004 08:02 AMJuly 29, 2004 08:02 PM

I changed the titles in your two threads to make it easier to see what the topic is. Sorry.

gav

Girevik
Gunny
Member # 174

Rate Member
posted July 30, 2004 04:11 AMJuly 30, 2004 04:11 PM

Pavel's elementary instruction in the RKC book in no way conflicts with what the "Russians" are doing. "The Russians" are highly advanced age old traditonal kettlebellers. Americans are still in kindergarten having seen their first kettlebell not much more than 2 years ago.

Alex and Andrey have been kettlebelling long long long before the first kettlebell ever hit the ground in the USA. You no doubt can get to that level eventually but learn to crawl before you start worrying about walking.

P.S. I'm an idiot, don't listen me.

if you will start from long-time prepare like a 50 sets of 5 lifts, you will need years.

if you will learn wrong technique at the beginning, it will be very very hard to re-learn it. Habit is a hard thing to change.

My friend started kettlebelling with push-press instead of jerks. He did it about year. Then, when he wanted to compete, he tried to switch technique from push-press to jerk, but it was very hard. He has not a strong character and he leaved GS.

yes, you should learn basic thing first, then make it harder and harder, but don't start with wrong things.

yes, you need to crawl before walking, but you don't need to walking bottom ups (onto the head or arms) before walking onto the legs.

in other things, I'm agree with you, Trip.

P.S. Gav, you may delete this post if it's necessary

Andrey

[ July 30, 2004, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Girevik ]

--------------------
Clear your eyes from Liquid shit!
And clear your ears from rigid shit!

Trip
Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2004 05:45 AMJuly 30, 2004 05:45 PM

It's Andy's original post so I don't give a rats ass if you agree or not. The point of the post IMO is to quit looking for some secret and get to work.

BTW - I started doing push presses as well, reading on of your books helped me nail the jerk.

Trip

Girevik
Gunny
Member # 174

Rate Member
posted July 30, 2004 06:27 AMJuly 30, 2004 06:27 PM
The point of the post IMO is to quit looking for some secret and get to work.
Originally posted by Trip:

BTW - I started doing push presses as well, reading on of your books helped me nail the jerk.

Trip

--------------------
Clear your eyes from Liquid shit!
And clear your ears from rigid shit!
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.