IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:12 am

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

and cooking chicken for lagnaippe in between:

"Right now I’m sleeping through the night, but this normally changes the leaner I get. I have found for myself that I can't sleep for crap when I am 16% and up. I awaken in fits where I can't breathe and think I’m dying. I’m lucky to sleep for one hour straight, and I have a hell of a time falling back to sleep, so I live on Lunesta.

Between 12-15%, I sleep like a baby and could easily sleep ten hours if I wanted to (most of the time I get eight hours).

Around 10%, I only sleep 5-6 hours and always wake up halfway through. I slam a shake and fall right back to sleep again. I still sleep great, but there’s no way I could sleep eight hours.

I have NO idea why. It is just an observation I’ve made.

How can I cook Chicken so it doesn’t taste like hell?
Poach it. Cut it up, coat a pan with soy sauce and any other spices you like. Put the chicken in, then fill the pan with water until the chicken is covered. Cook on medium heat until the water is mostly cooked off. The chicken will be very moist.

What exactly do you mean by “cheat meal?” Is this a healthy cheat? Is there a time limit to this?

If you're eating junk, you're shutting down fat burning. Even a mild "cheat" meal is going to be hypercaloric and switch the body from fat burning to nutrient storing, so you might as well go all the way. Load up on whatever you want. I've considered a whole large pizza an appetizer when close to a show.

The huge influx of calories will restore muscle glycogen (you may already be as much as 1,000 calories depleted there – that’s 1,000 calories worth of glucose you can almost eat freely), aid in shutting off hunger hormones (reducing appetite), restore any vitamin/mineral/nutrient deficiencies the limited food options may create, and boost your metabolism. The metabolic boost from the huge calorie intake will make the following day especially effective for fat burning.

Also remember that all the neurotransmitters in the brain that are derived from dietary nutrients (the mono-amines, dopamine, serotonin, nor-epinephrine and epinephrine) are all derived from L-tyrosine and L-tryptophan (for serotonin). Imbalances in these can cause forms of depression, fatigue, malaise, reduction in "predatory behavior," and other things that you don't want to deal with when dieting. The mega-influx of calories and protein offers the potential for better production of these neurotransmitters.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:48 am 
ironslinger

I haven't been over to elite in a bit, is he cutting again?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 am 

In a word, yes. I get the newsletter every Friday and he has started posting his diet/training log as an article for those who do not follow his wisdom regularly.

Like me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:10 am 

Quote:
I awaken in fits where I can't breathe and think I’m dying.
Sounds like sleep apnea to me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:45 am 
Sergeant Commanding

almsot every 300 lb PLer i know has sleep apnea.

Bet the same prevails in the NFL.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:52 am 

I've always slept, and only needed, about 6 hours a night. So i'm right in w/ his findings. I'v never experimented with other BF%s to compare.

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"
James Gandolfini in The Mexican

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:15 pm 

Quote:
and cooking chicken for lagnaippe in between:

"Right now I’m sleeping through the night, but this normally changes the leaner I get. I have found for myself that I can't sleep for crap when I am 16% and up. I awaken in fits where I can't breathe and think I’m dying. I’m lucky to sleep for one hour straight, and I have a hell of a time falling back to sleep, so I live on Lunesta.

Between 12-15%, I sleep like a baby and could easily sleep ten hours if I wanted to (most of the time I get eight hours).

Around 10%, I only sleep 5-6 hours and always wake up halfway through. I slam a shake and fall right back to sleep again. I still sleep great, but there’s no way I could sleep eight hours.

I have NO idea why. It is just an observation I’ve made.

How can I cook Chicken so it doesn’t taste like hell?
Poach it. Cut it up, coat a pan with soy sauce and any other spices you like. Put the chicken in, then fill the pan with water until the chicken is covered. Cook on medium heat until the water is mostly cooked off. The chicken will be very moist.

What exactly do you mean by “cheat meal?” Is this a healthy cheat? Is there a time limit to this?

If you're eating junk, you're shutting down fat burning. Even a mild "cheat" meal is going to be hypercaloric and switch the body from fat burning to nutrient storing, so you might as well go all the way. Load up on whatever you want. I've considered a whole large pizza an appetizer when close to a show.

The huge influx of calories will restore muscle glycogen (you may already be as much as 1,000 calories depleted there – that’s 1,000 calories worth of glucose you can almost eat freely), aid in shutting off hunger hormones (reducing appetite), restore any vitamin/mineral/nutrient deficiencies the limited food options may create, and boost your metabolism. The metabolic boost from the huge calorie intake will make the following day especially effective for fat burning.

Also remember that all the neurotransmitters in the brain that are derived from dietary nutrients (the mono-amines, dopamine, serotonin, nor-epinephrine and epinephrine) are all derived from L-tyrosine and L-tryptophan (for serotonin). Imbalances in these can cause forms of depression, fatigue, malaise, reduction in "predatory behavior," and other things that you don't want to deal with when dieting. The mega-influx of calories and protein offers the potential for better production of these neurotransmitters.

Poaching something in soy sauce is what the Chinese call "red cooking". Assuming you have a good tolerance for sodium, it is a wonderful way to put some great flavor in something without a lot of fuss or a ton of extra fat.

"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:50 pm 
Jesus Christ®

ABW, interesting post but I have to say that true red cooking is done with a homemade caramel, and only in restaurants do they cheat and use dark soy sauce. Despite what some people like Yin Fei Lo say. I make red cooked pork belly at home all the time and only use a splash of light soy sauce at the end for saltiness, never for color.

I start with 2 parts oil and 2 parts sugar in the wok and caramelize it dark reddish brown, then you throw in the chopped and boiled pork belly, mix it in the caramel to stain it red and splash it with Shaohsing wine. Then toss in sliced unpeeled ginger, dried chillies, cassia bark and star anise, frying until fragrant, then add enough water to cover the pork. Stew it over low heat for 2-3 hours uncovered, then add any supplementals (like dried beancurd stick or chestnuts or chopped scallions) and some soy sauce, sugar or salt to balance flavors and serve. Or better yet, let it cool, cover and let it sit in your refrigerator overnight and then serve it the next day. This is true, peasant style red cooking, and this recipe comes from Mao's home village in Hunan.

This has all the advantages of poaching in soy--no added fat--and none of the extreme saltiness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:21 pm 

Quote:
ABW, interesting post but I have to say that true red cooking is done with a homemade caramel, and only in restaurants do they cheat and use dark soy sauce. Despite what some people like Yin Fei Lo say. I make red cooked pork belly at home all the time and only use a splash of light soy sauce at the end for saltiness, never for color.

I start with 2 parts oil and 2 parts sugar in the wok and caramelize it dark reddish brown, then you throw in the chopped and boiled pork belly, mix it in the caramel to stain it red and splash it with Shaohsing wine. Then toss in sliced unpeeled ginger, dried chillies, cassia bark and star anise, frying until fragrant, then add enough water to cover the pork. Stew it over low heat for 2-3 hours uncovered, then add any supplementals (like dried beancurd stick or chestnuts or chopped scallions) and some soy sauce, sugar or salt to balance flavors and serve. Or better yet, let it cool, cover and let it sit in your refrigerator overnight and then serve it the next day. This is true, peasant style red cooking, and this recipe comes from Mao's home village in Hunan.

This has all the advantages of poaching in soy--no added fat--and none of the extreme saltiness.
Yes, that is indeed *true* red cooking. As RR would say, "Yummo!"

"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:52 pm 

Quote:
Also remember that all the neurotransmitters in the brain that are derived from dietary nutrients (the mono-amines, dopamine, serotonin, nor-epinephrine and epinephrine) are all derived from L-tyrosine and L-tryptophan (for serotonin).
Noticed this message... Are there any particular foods that you have heard of which are high in l-tyrosine amino acid?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
Quote:
Also remember that all the neurotransmitters in the brain that are derived from dietary nutrients (the mono-amines, dopamine, serotonin, nor-epinephrine and epinephrine) are all derived from L-tyrosine and L-tryptophan (for serotonin).
Noticed this message... Are there any particular foods that you have heard of which are high in l-tyrosine amino acid?

Nutrition and diet is not my thing. Frankly i think too many obsess over it. If i want to get smaller i eat less and more cleanly. i can be as lean as i want to be due to having the metabolism of a small country. i just don't like the distraction, weakness , and hunger of eating that way. i also like food.
Quote:
Foods High in Tyrosine
Fortunately, there are many natural food sources of tyrosine. It is found in most animal and vegetable sources. Foods high in tyrosine include the following:

Meat sources including fish, chicken, and pork

Whole grains, wheat, and oats

Dairy products such as milk, cheese and yogurt

Fruits such as avocados and bananas

Legumes, beans and nuts such as almond, lima beans, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds

Tyrosine Deficiency
Even if tyrosine is non-essential and that tyrosine is largely available through tyrosine foods, some people have increased needs of tyrosine due to one or several factors, while other suffer from tyrosine deficiency. For example, people going through depression reportedly have low tyrosine levels, as with those who suffer from phenylketonuria (marked by an inability to properly utilize phenylalanine). If you have extremely low levels of tyrosine, you will suffer from a variety of conditions, such as muscle weakness, muscle loss, mood disorders, low protein level and liver damage.

If you are one of those who have increased tyrosine level need or suffer from deficiency of the amino acid, taking in tyrosine through natural tyrosine foods is not enough. You would need actual tyrosine supplementation through tyrosine tablets or tyrosine powder forms. They are now being sold as individual supplements and sometimes in combination with other amino acids.

From Tyrosine Foods to Natural Supplements Home Page

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:47 pm 
Sarge

i bulked 25 pounds and suddenly went from sleeping on my side to sleeping on my back. slept like a fat baby though.

loved/hated the bloat.