PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:53 pm 
Supreme Martian Overlord

Nice work, Skinny!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:35 pm 
Jesus Christ®

HOGSUY.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:38 pm 
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Odd... we've had posts that claimed that yoga will make you effeminate, and yet I can feel my T levels rising as I watch that vid!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:02 pm 

I might need to take up yoga...good medicine for T-levels...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:54 pm 

yoga! yoga! yoga!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:32 pm 

HAHA! The yoga wisdom is out.
You blokes with your, "I can't do yoga 'cos it might make me gay" xenophobias are truly missing out.

So they aren't wearing microkinis and doing little stripper jiggles on purpose, but a morning yoga class at a good studio is filled with inspiring female presence. When you get asked after class to have breakfast with half a dozen of them you certainly don't feel like a queen... more like a king. :isdashit:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:34 pm 
Jesus Christ®

terra, if I asked you describe your chromosomes, would there be Y involved?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:40 am 

WHY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:59 am 

Quote:
HAHA! The yoga wisdom is out.
You blokes with your, "I can't do yoga 'cos it might make me gay" xenophobias are truly missing out.

So they aren't wearing microkinis and doing little stripper jiggles on purpose, but a morning yoga class at a good studio is filled with inspiring female presence. When you get asked after class to have breakfast with half a dozen of them you certainly don't feel like a queen... more like a king. :isdashit:
See my training log with yesterday's entry. Good scenery, just not enough.

Now, if I was gay, there were loads of shirtless guys. Helped me concentrate on my balance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:42 am 
Lifetime IGer

I did the YRG 60 minute workout today and it was fucking hard.

I'm going to do the 45 minute Real Men Do Yoga workout when I'm in the motel until I get my Prasara book.

I ordered the Prasara 3 dvd set and the book and if the book is like the YRG book with the circuit layed out I'm going to use it away from home.

I'm taking up the Rant 30 day challenge.

But I need to buy a sauna suit and maybe a set of neoprene shorts and a shirt to get my sweat on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:45 am 
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Quote:
I ordered the Prasara 3 dvd set and the book and if the book is like the YRG book with the circuit layed out I'm going to use it away from home.
Just an FYI, what I did with my YRG DVDs was to download this free program called "mymp3" that takes whatever audio your computer is playing, and rips it straight to mp3.

Then I just played the YRG disc on my computer's DVD player and walla, I had an mp3 of the whole thing to put on my mp3 player. I watched the DVD first a couple of times of course, so that I knew what he was talking about. But DDP does a great job of talking through the whole thing as they do it, so the mp3 works well as a guide.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:36 am 
Lifetime IGer

Quote:
I did the YRG 60 minute workout today and it was fucking hard.

I'm going to do the 45 minute Real Men Do Yoga workout when I'm in the motel until I get my Prasara book.

I'm taking up the Rant 30 day challenge.

But I need to buy a sauna suit and maybe a set of neoprene shorts and a shirt to get my sweat on.
Why don't you post a training log?

https://vimeo.com/72300807

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:16 pm 

Since reading these posts, I have really re thought how I train and why I train. I love strength training and weightlifting, and was doing so 3 times a week, focusing on heavy squats, presses, etc. (heavy for me.)

I was getting stronger, but ironically enough not feeling stronger.

So I examined why I train, what my goals are, what I hope to be able to do at age 90, and some of the training "baggage" that I have been mentally carrying.

So I cut strength training to twice a week and decided to use a modified EDT style program. Good movements that I have not done in a while and think will be "good" for me.

I added three days of Yoga for the Regular Guy each week.

I started doing standing qui quong each morning.

I walk/jog twice a week.

Ten days later and I feel great. I am not going to squat my 315 x 5, 365 x 1 by the end of summer like I planned. I am not going to press 185 for reps.

But I don't care. I feel great, I can touch my toes, and even though I may not be stronger, I feel it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:43 pm 

I've been to 5 Bikram classes and can safely say it's top notch. Haven't tried YRG, but from what I've been told, it may be more of a workout than anything else.

If you can, give Bikram a try. The women are gar-un-teed to be barely clothed, sweaty, and hawt. =P~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:56 pm 

This thread should go into the nuggets.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:42 pm 
Lifetime IGer

First class last night, I really liked it. More taxing than I anticipated. I'll probably do 3x/wk for the time being and see how things progress.

Very easy to see the application for older guys, strength athletes, grapplers, particularly OTW guys. Probably a great idea for ladies looking to shed some pounds. It's something everybody should try once, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm 

Quote:
This thread should go into the nuggets.

Gosh darn it Mario! The people have spoken. This is a nugget and a sticky!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:42 pm 

Since Rant wrote about Bikram's on the MI and since a bunch of us are now attending classes, the least Bikram can do is kick something back to Rant.

One thing I've noticed is the sudden increase in class size at the studio I go to. Might have something to do with the weather getting nicer or longer daylight hours, but either way it's a strange coincidence.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:12 pm 

I was thinking about the nugget thing, it would be good if some of the really popular ones got recycled back into the training forum every six months or so, so people don't forget to review the resource. It wouldn't have to be a big deal, maybe just link to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:38 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Quote:
I was thinking about the nugget thing, it would be good if some of the really popular ones got recycled back into the training forum every six months or so, so people don't forget to review the resource. It wouldn't have to be a big deal, maybe just link to it.

I think this is a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:48 pm 

Nuggetized.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:58 am 
Lifetime IGer

Bump for Stiggy. And anyone else who might get something out of this thread.