Simple Dinosaur Routine No. 1
Here's a very simple experiment for anyone who is confused about the merits of various strength training and muscle building systems. Do this for the next 3 months: Stop worrying about, talking about, arguing about, reading about or posting about different training systems. Do the following 2x per week:
1. Standing press w/barbell 5x5 Start light and add wt each set for the first 3 sets...work up to a wt heavy enough to make you FIGHT for all 5 reps on the 4th & 5th sets...thus, you do 3 progressively heavier warm-up sets and TWO heavy sets with your "working wt". Use this system on all exercises.
2. Standing barbell curl 5x5
3. Parallel squat 5x5
4. Power cleans or power pulls 5x5
5. Bench or DB incline press 5x5
6. Sit-ups with extra wt 1x25
7. Grip work - hang from chin bar for as long as possible...once
DO NO OTHER EXERCISES
Train at normal speed reps... Do NOT count the seconds up and down...add wt whenever possible...try to add at least 50 pounds to every single exercise over the next 3 months. Take NO food supplements. Eat 3 big meals and 2 high protein snacks every day. At the end of 3 months you will have TRANSFORMED your body...
So what will the experiment prove? It will prove that productive training is ridiculously simple. All it takes is hard work on a basic, abbreviated program built around the BIG exercises...the basic barbell and dumbbell exercises.
An archive of helpful advice compiled by IGer's.
1 post • Page 1 of 1