How and why Jack R squats

An archive of helpful advice compiled by IGer's.

Moderators: Dux, Gav

Dave

How and why Jack R squats

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:42 am

Author Topic: How and why Jack R squats
elrodjr
Member # 32

Member Rated:

posted August 06, 2004 08:25 AMAugust 06, 2004 08:25 PM

Fingers on lines, thumbless grip, bar as low on traps as comfortable. Feet at least shoulder width. Contract upper back and lats. Fill lungs. Squeeze bar out of racks and take 1 step back with each leg. Get in a stance you are comfortable with. For me it is slightly wider than shoulders regular squatting, a few inches wider box squatting. I point my toes out a bit. Push your knees outward and push your hips back to start your descent. Your Head should be the last thing to move downward. Drop as low as you desire. For me, that is when my big hams hit my big calves. Near the bottom, i accelerate the descent slightly, and rebound back up driving my traps through the bar. I do a lot of raw squatting, so i don't worry about the abs in or out, they are just holding me solidly.

I like lots of raw triples between 75-85%, and some fully geared work at 90-110%. i like ghrs and rhs, and both kinds of dls.

jmo
jack
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.