More shaving stuff: Oils

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

More shaving stuff: Oils

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I've been dabbling with shaving oils after the Aveda nightmare.

Shavesecret is one (~$4 at Wal Mart) and King of Shaves Alpha Oil is the other (~$3 in a clearance rack).

Both work very well in shaving my head. Not quite as well as shaving my beard, but still better than the Aveda cream.

The addition of a shaving cream or gel on top of the oil results in an amazingly smooth and slick substrate to shave on.

Just lettin' y'all know.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Re: More shaving stuff: Oils

Post by Pinky »

I don't know how it works on your head, but this stuff applied with a brush gives a really smooth shave.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I think the classical shaving stuff is awesome, but I'm

a. cheap
b. not quite that into shaving my head.

Doing some searching around about shaving oils and stuff...there are some dudes who are as wound up with their bald head as they were with their hair.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Shaf wrote:I think the classical shaving stuff is awesome, but I'm

a. cheap
b. not quite that into shaving my head.
I'm also quite cheap and put off buying this stuff for a while because of it; however, it really does last long enough to make it worth while.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."