It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 pm

<

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:46 pm 
Sgt. Major

For posterity, from 2/07. Apparently, he's a pole smoker, too:
Quote:
Folks,

Guess I had better have evidence before saying something like that, especially in a public forum.

Yes, Pavel is a fraud, that's right a phony.

Meaning, he has made up his credentials, stolen and plagiarized to created the illusion of expertise in a subject that until very recently, no one here knew anything about, meaning there was no way to dispute his claims

He has been found out and I have decided to do a public service by educating the brainwashed masses about the accuracy of his claims.

All of this information will be out in the open soon enough.

That is all for now. Please discuss.

P.S. What does it mean when a man makes a public display of being "hot and manly"? Yeah, that's what i thought---not that's there's anything wrong with that!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:26 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
For posterity, from 2/07. Apparently, he's a pole smoker, too:
Quote:
All of this information will be out in the open soon enough.
Waiting....

The dirtiest dirt I've seen is that he can't prove his MS claim.

...still waiting.....

W.B. Yeats

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:37 am 
Sergeant Commanding

As much as I don't like Dragondoor's money grabbing way of business, I think this claim is a bit harsh. Tsatsouline might not have the official credentials and qualifications, but he knows his stuff. Judging by his articles and books he well knows what he is talking about. Beyond Bodybuilding is good, so is Bulletproof Abs, Super Joints, stretching and kettlebell books. He is well read and is strong.

It's just a bit suspicious to me when previous followers turn away after exhausting the use of their role model. Cotter knew absolutely nothing about kettlebells before Pavel introduced it to the USA. Now he is an expert and pours dirt on his - well -teacher. So the best and the most ethical thing would be to keep quiet. Pole smoking claims just re-inforce my suspicions. While blind following on the pages of DD forum is irritating, as well as the whole "comrade" spiel, Pavel does not deserve that kind of shit thrown at him. :isdashit:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:50 am 

Quote:
As much as I don't like Dragondoor's money grabbing way of business, I think this claim is a bit harsh. Tsatsouline might not have the official credentials and qualifications, but he knows his stuff. Judging by his articles and books he well knows what he is talking about. Beyond Bodybuilding is good, so is Bulletproof Abs, Super Joints, stretching and kettlebell books. He is well read and is strong.

It's just a bit suspicious to me when previous followers turn away after exhausting the use of their role model. Cotter knew absolutely nothing about kettlebells before Pavel introduced it to the USA. Now he is an expert and pours dirt on his - well -teacher. So the best and the most ethical thing would be to keep quiet. Pole smoking claims just re-inforce my suspicions. While blind following on the pages of DD forum is irritating, as well as the whole "comrade" spiel, Pavel does not deserve that kind of shit thrown at him. :isdashit:
That reeks of fairness and common sense Smet.You must now be banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:35 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

i think both Steves lost their minds. Good luck to them but this got personal real fast. It is a ball with a handle. BFD.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:18 pm 
Sgt. Major

Quote:
Cotter knew absolutely nothing about kettlebells before Pavel introduced it to the USA. Now he is an expert and pours dirt on his - well -teacher.
He behaves identically toward his Xingyiquan teacher, Mike Patterson, FYI.

It's still funny that Pavel enjoys a bit of receiving-end sodomy, though. I'd've ass fucked him myself if I could have been made Senior. Fuck it - even borscht & vodka sourced fecal matter washes right off.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:38 pm 
ironslinger

Quote:
i think both Steves lost their minds. Good luck to them but this got personal real fast. It is a ball with a handle. BFD.

I believe the acheyballs carry some sort of schizophrenic energy.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:52 pm 
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Hebephrenispheres!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

I believe the acheyballs carry some sort of schizophrenic energy.
SCHIZOBALLS!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:44 pm 
Sgt. Major

The way I was taught, the single most egregious thing a CMA practitioner can do is to disrespect his teacher. Cotter's a serial violator of this principle, and it never ceases to amaze me how many people have their noses up his ass.

Cotter states that he started training at age 12 and was in his mid twenties when he stopped competing in 1996.

That would make him 12 years old in 1983, the year Hsu Hong Chi died.

Throughout the 1994-1996 competition period, Cotter was happy to be known as a student of Mike Patterson, Hsu's successor in the USA. Later, Cotter claimed to have taught all the classes at Patterson's school and learned Xingyiquan from Hsu directly, clearly impossible as he'd have been a few months old at the time. He's stabbed his actual CMA teacher in the back in print hundreds of times, and did the same thing to Tsatsouline. You would never have heard of Steve Cotter if it wasn't for Mike Patterson, who taught him everything he knew up to the time of the sea change.

I think Pavhole is a complete asshole, BTW, but Cotter isn't any more worth respecting or following as a martial artist or kettleballer. My new favorite is the 'traditional medicine' discipline he recently 'invented'. It's all about money and bullshit with Cotter, apparently.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:31 pm 
Sgt. Major

Let's add the below details to the Cotter-is-a-whackjob nugget. I guess if I was five foot nothing and weighed as much as most junior high school students, I'd be a bit more sensitive. Probably wouldn't break out the rabid dog move so quickly, though, but who can say what childhood demons lead the redoubtable Mr. Cotter to be so emotionally fragile.

If I ever do run into the guy, I'll give him a hug and the requisite stepladder...
Quote:
Re: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=196886

Cotter says via PM (28 similar paragraphs not displayed):
Quote:
You can keep blabbing or you can step up to the plate. I don't like to hurt anyone, particularly not old, sickly men. However, you are pushing an issue and if you have what it takes you should put your gong fu where your mouth is. Say the word buddy. I'll meet you anytime and we can see if I am bullshit or not.
My reply, in toto:
Quote:
You should correct me in public, IMO, if you disagree with what I said in public. "Class", as far as I can tell, is often a method used to avoid valid confrontation. As is escalation from verbal to physical, especially given the certain fact that you and I will never be in the same place at the same time. I'm not a child and you aren't a schoolyard bully from whom I have anything to fear. Save the bluster for those who don't know better.

You said you started training when you were 12, the same year Hsu died. Then you said, right here on IG, that you learned Xingyi from Hsu, not Patterson. Both of these cannot be true.

You also said, right here on IG, that you taught all the Xingyi classes at Patterson's school and that Patterson did not. This is also bullshit. Don't say it if you don't like to be called on it.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:40 pm 

Dammit you asshole I can't decide which is funnier, what do I do now????
Quote:
If I ever do run into the guy, I'll give him a hug and the requisite stepladder...
-OR-
Quote:
Fuck it - even borscht & vodka sourced fecal matter washes right off.
Maybe I should run a poll, being the indecisive little twat that I am... :-k :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:15 pm 
Jesus Christ®