Louis CK says smartphones suck

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by seeahill »

Along with a bad Springsteen imitation....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbYScltf1c[/youtube]

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Louis CK says smartphones suck

Post by nafod »

He's a funny guy. From his HBO special, "When you're over 50, you no longer get candlelight vigils."
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Yep. And what he says in that clip above is about half way profound.

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

This was all over my Facebook newsfeed posted by people saying "right on Louis!" Yet most of them most likely posted that shit using their smartphone.

I get what he's saying and all that shit but I find that most people who rip on smartphones, own smartphones and do all the stuff on their smartphones that they rip on others for doing.

Even Louis admits in that clip he was about to text someone while he was driving.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

You can find a half dozen guys like him at any blue collar lunch break
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

protobuilder wrote:You can find a half dozen guys like him at any blue collar lunch break
LOL!

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Croatoa wrote:This was all over my Facebook newsfeed posted by people saying "right on Louis!" Yet most of them most likely posted that shit using their smartphone.

I get what he's saying and all that shit but I find that most people who rip on smartphones, own smartphones and do all the stuff on their smartphones that they rip on others for doing.

Even Louis admits in that clip he was about to text someone while he was driving.
It wasn't really about smartphones.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

nafod wrote:
Croatoa wrote:This was all over my Facebook newsfeed posted by people saying "right on Louis!" Yet most of them most likely posted that shit using their smartphone.

It wasn't really about smartphones.
Yeah I know, just using it as an excuse to complain about the people I work with. People blogging on their iMacs about how technology is ruining the world. That sort of thing.

One chick I know sent that clip to EVERYONE. Either by FB, email, text etc. just going on and on about how profound it was.

Funny side note, I saw TWO dudes fall down the same flight of stairs yesterday at the SAME TIME because they were texting while walking down the stairs. Even funnier, the both got up, limped off and continued texting.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Croatoa wrote:Funny side note, I saw TWO dudes fall down the same flight of stairs yesterday at the SAME TIME because they were texting while walking down the stairs. Even funnier, the both got up, limped off and continued texting.
I saw a girl run into the side of a building while on a bicycle. I felt bad when I realized that I probably wouldn't laugh that hard for the rest of the day.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

kreator

Post by kreator »

This was all over my FB newsfeed too. Nothing insightful or funny in it. Just an incoherent rant about the obvious by some false prophet.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

kreator wrote:This was all over my FB newsfeed too. Nothing insightful or funny in it. Just an incoherent rant about the obvious by some false prophet.
haters everywhere
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

I liked when Lewis said it's not his job to make his kids happy. He's just training them to be the adults they need to be to live a miserable life.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

If caving in Conan O'Brian's skull is wrong, I don't want to be right.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

When did Andy come back on the show?