My guest room is haunted

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kenny X
Sgt. Major

My guest room is haunted

Post by Kenny X »

I'm not joking.

Last time the Future Mrs. Herr Doktor was in town she awoke at night to what she said sounded like bowling balls being dropped on the floor, in the guest room across the hall.

There's nothing, no furniture or anything, in that room.

Just now, while sitting on my sofa, typing this, I hear what sounds like a cat scratching angrily at the floor, up there, and heavy boxes being dragged across the floor.

I hear it a lot.

Definitely something going on in that room.

I was thinking of doing a blessing up there and/or performing an exorcism.

Anybody here ever have any uninvited paranormal guests in your house? How'd you deal with them?

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: My guest room is haunted

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I grew up on my family's farm, where my mom's side has lived for several generations.

I've had several experiences on that old farm that I can't explain any other way than to chalk it up to the paranormal. There's even an old relative that still works out in the fields some nights, just like he did when he was alive.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:I grew up on my family's farm, where my mom's side has lived for several generations.

I've had several experiences on that old farm that I can't explain any other way than to chalk it up to the paranormal. There's even an old relative that still works out in the fields some nights, just like he did when he was alive.
Fucking awesome on all counts!

Holeyfraggaroley
Gunny

Post by Holeyfraggaroley »

The neighbor said that she would her shit in the house. She was the second owner and did not know that the previous wife died there. She "died" in her sleep and no one knew why. Her body was cremated before anyone could ask why or how. It caused quite the stir. Apparently the second owner heard ALOT of weird shit until she gave birth to her son and then it all stopped. The lady that died was very nice, I would not be surprised if she died before she was ready and hung around. And when she saw a new baby decided it was time to get out. The new neighbor said that after her son was born all the crazy shit stopped. No she was not on drugs,,

Holeyfraggaroley
Gunny

Post by Holeyfraggaroley »

The neighbor said that she would her shit in the house. She was the second owner and did not know that the previous wife died there. She "died" in her sleep and no one knew why. Her body was cremated before anyone could ask why or how. It caused quite the stir. Apparently the second owner heard ALOT of weird shit until she gave birth to her son and then it all stopped. The lady that died was very nice, I would not be surprised if she died before she was ready and hung around. And when she saw a new baby decided it was time to get out. The new neighbor said that after her son was born all the crazy shit stopped. No she was not on drugs,,

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:I'm not joking.
Me neither. You fucking better finish your steroid investigation or my dick's ghost will haunt you forever.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Topic author
Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

SubClaw wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:I'm not joking.
Me neither. You fucking better finish your steroid investigation or my dick's ghost will haunt you forever.
Not to worry chief! Human trials have started and the results so far are nothing short of astonishing!

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Had some issues with the current house when we first bought it. Small stuff being moved, thumps in the walls, and eventually sounds of footsteps down the hall and such. No actual contact and no sense of malevolence so I just make some offerings of whiskey and what have you on occasion. Keeps things quiet most times.

As long as it's not fucking with you I say leave it be or offer it some drink. It might bring your home some good luck.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Will a blessing or exorcism still work if the ghost is an atheist?
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

You sure it's just not EZ throwing some KBs around ?
Tantum validus superstes

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Will a blessing or exorcism still work if the ghost is an atheist?
I am of the opinion that the faith that the exorcism or blessing is performed in is merely a vehicle for the Will of the practitioner. Will and intent are the fuel that actually does the work. Ritual is just the path that the energy takes.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

As Renato Laranja would say, "..smoke less of da heefer".

There are no ghosts.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

I don't believe in regular ghosts but we live in a weird quantum universe where we've barely scratched the surface. Dimensions bumping into each other, time loop eddies, etc. are all conceivable.

In this case, my first thought would be a mouse or other creature in some interstitial space.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

you guys are all fucking nuts.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:you guys are all fucking nuts.
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:I don't believe in regular ghosts but we live in a weird quantum universe where we've barely scratched the surface. Dimensions bumping into each other, time loop eddies, etc. are all conceivable.

In this case, my first thought would be a mouse or other creature in some interstitial space.
What if we're the ghosts, and the phantasmic visions we sometimes observe are our limited ability to percieve the world of the living?

You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Dunn wrote:
Hardy. We all have our beliefs. The only difference in my belief in spirits of the dead and someone's belief in Jesus Christ is.......nothing.
Like I said, you're all fucking nuts.

Topic author
Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:

Yes, I am. And I am still going to be taking Dunn's advice and offering the entity some Blanton's later on tonight.

It's definitely not fucking with me, and the over-all feeling in my house is pleasant, happy and peaceful. No malevolence here at all.

So yeah, no exorcism. I'll give it some bourbon and see what happens.

:drinkers: :happiness:

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:
Gods above, I hope so. I'd be sorely disappointed if it turned out that I wasn't. That kind of thing can shake a man's foundations.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:

Yes, I am. And I am still going to be taking Dunn's advice and offering the entity some Blanton's later on tonight.

It's definitely not fucking with me, and the over-all feeling in my house is pleasant, happy and peaceful. No malevolence here at all.

Jeebus..give it some Old Crow or Evan Williams. If you give it Blanton's it'll never leave.
Tantum validus superstes

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:I don't believe in regular ghosts but we live in a weird quantum universe where we've barely scratched the surface. Dimensions bumping into each other, time loop eddies, etc. are all conceivable.

What if we're the ghosts, and the phantasmic visions we sometimes observe are our limited ability to percieve the world of the living?

That is a cool thought yet somehow disappointing. I'd like to think that if I was a ghost, I'd be able to haunt the shit of something.
Tantum validus superstes

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub »

Dunn you're a pretty cool guy, I like your thought process.

I've seen some stuff before that I couldn't explain and scared the shit out of me. I've felt things that did the same. I'm not paranoid or easily scared by any means but there have been times I've been in a certain house and felt someone watching me. I even felt like someone was following me around when I moved through the house. I saw some a shadowy figure in the living room of this house once but when I shined a flashlight in the direction it wasn't there. These all happened same house on different occasions when I was a cop. The house was basically a run down mansion turned into a few apartments. Anyway, come to find out there had been a suicide there and several overdose deaths. I fucking hate driving by that place to this day.
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

JDub wrote:Dunn you're a pretty cool guy, I like your thought process.

I've seen some stuff before that I couldn't explain and scared the shit out of me. I've felt things that did the same. I'm not paranoid or easily scared by any means but there have been times I've been in a certain house and felt someone watching me. I even felt like someone was following me around when I moved through the house. I saw some a shadowy figure in the living room of this house once but when I shined a flashlight in the direction it wasn't there. These all happened same house on different occasions when I was a cop. The house was basically a run down mansion turned into a few apartments. Anyway, come to find out there had been a suicide there and several overdose deaths. I fucking hate driving by that place to this day.
Thanks. You do enough psychadelics and the idea of reality tends to get a little muddled. I figure if nothin else, life is too short and too harsh not to believe a little. Hell, there's shit out there that has the world's greatest physicists scratching their domes, who is anyone to say that there is an absolute.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Post by JDub »

IMO the only absolutes are death and never figuring out everything about anything.
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Cave Canem wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Dunn wrote:

Jeebus..give it some Old Crow or Evan Williams. If you give it Blanton's it'll never leave.
=D>