Just wondering...

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
JonnyCat
Staff Sergeant

Just wondering...

Post by JonnyCat »

...how many urban paleofreaks are going caveman in the sub-zero temperatures plunging a considerable portion of the U.S. into the deep-freeze. It's the perfect opportunity to demonstrate the superiority of prehistoric living and to prove man does not need heinous modern contrivances like home furnaces, hot water or space heaters and electric blankets.

JDub
Staff Sergeant

Re: Just wondering...

Post by JDub »

Walked outside after work this AM and the sweat on my beard immediately froze. Fuck the cavemen.
T200 wrote:Drinking is for posers until you are drinking Everclear from a an old freebase kit you found in the park.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

You guys are adorable.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

I didn't even wear a jacket the entire day.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I had to gut my neighbor's 400 LB wife like a Tauntaun and huddle for warmth.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Human beings shiver as a means to increase core temperature when faced with cold conditions. We haven't had heat pumps, boilers and furnaces long enough to evolve a biological means of coping in an environment in which we should rightly be shivering but aren't because we can set our thermostat for a more desirable temperate and stay warm. On the short end of the spectrum this suboptimal thermoregulation leads to inflammation, and on the long end it can be held responsible for a myriad of different diseases ranging from high blood pressure to diabetes and heart disease, even various forms of cancer.

Let your body shiver and eat a Paleo diet. It's the only way to live out the full caveman's life-expectancy.

Drew0786
Staff Sergeant

Post by Drew0786 »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Take care and please.....................stay safe.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:Human beings shiver as a means to increase core temperature when faced with cold conditions. We haven't had heat pumps, boilers and furnaces long enough to evolve a biological means of coping in an environment in which we should rightly be shivering but aren't because we can set our thermostat for a more desirable temperate and stay warm. On the short end of the spectrum this suboptimal thermoregulation leads to inflammation, and on the long end it can be held responsible for a myriad of different diseases ranging from high blood pressure to diabetes and heart disease, even various forms of cancer.

Let your body shiver and eat a Paleo diet. It's the only way to live out the full caveman's life-expectancy.
How much for your eBook?
You'll Hurt Your Back

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I was outside most of yesterday and all morning today. Properly prepared, it only sucks a little. Anyone attend arctic training in Norway? Lived in a snow cave for 15 days and learned what not to do. It sure pays off to be prepared.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
Dr. Agkistrodon wrote:Human beings shiver as a means to increase core temperature when faced with cold conditions. We haven't had heat pumps, boilers and furnaces long enough to evolve a biological means of coping in an environment in which we should rightly be shivering but aren't because we can set our thermostat for a more desirable temperate and stay warm. On the short end of the spectrum this suboptimal thermoregulation leads to inflammation, and on the long end it can be held responsible for a myriad of different diseases ranging from high blood pressure to diabetes and heart disease, even various forms of cancer.

How much for your eBook?
$29.99

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

You burn more calories shivering than sweating.
Embrace that shit, bro.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Woodstove :rock:

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

tough old man wrote:I was outside most of yesterday and all morning today. Properly prepared, it only sucks a little. Anyone attend arctic training in Norway? Lived in a snow cave for 15 days and learned what not to do. It sure pays off to be prepared.
Preparation is everything. I've skiied in -30, and had a blast.
You'll Hurt Your Back

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Have you ever noticed how most doomsday prepper's End of The World scenario that they envision is a hot, dry toxic wasteland with red skies that looks a lot like New Mexico only with more zombies and not, for example, unrelenting sub zero temperatures with eternal snow and ice?
You'll Hurt Your Back

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Have you ever noticed how most doomsday prepper's End of The World scenario that they envision is a hot, dry toxic wasteland with red skies that looks a lot like New Mexico only with more zombies and not, for example, unrelenting sub zero temperatures with eternal snow and ice?
The cold is conceivable. If I eat too many bell peppers, we will have a Nuclear Winter.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

tough old man wrote:I was outside most of yesterday and all morning today. Properly prepared, it only sucks a little. Anyone attend arctic training in Norway? Lived in a snow cave for 15 days and learned what not to do. It sure pays off to be prepared.
TOM brushes his teeth with a lizard. You don't get tougher than that.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Have you ever noticed how most doomsday prepper's End of The World scenario that they envision is a hot, dry toxic wasteland with red skies that looks a lot like New Mexico only with more zombies and not, for example, unrelenting sub zero temperatures with eternal snow and ice?

You forgot protestant fevered dreams of the of the post apocalyptic rapture with Jesus leading his army while riding a T Rex while firing an AK47.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Batboy2/75 wrote:

You forgot protestant fevered dreams of the of the post apocalyptic rapture with Jesus leading his army while riding a T Rex while firing an AK47.
You don't actually need to prep for Ascension, do you? I mean, you don't even need clothing.

Or are you talking about the people prepping who assume that they'll be Left Behind?
You'll Hurt Your Back

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Film crews don't like to shoot in Nome.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
Batboy2/75 wrote:

You don't actually need to prep for Ascension, do you? I mean, you don't even need clothing.

Or are you talking about the people prepping who assume that they'll be Left Behind?
Those left behind. The protestant nut bags that believe in the rapture, believe those left behind will have a chance at redemption by fighting in Jesus's army against the ant-Christ.

As a side note: an economic collapse will look more like the Balkans and Russia circa 1993 or Germany and Russia post WW1. Not as fun as a mad max world where you get to murder, rape, and pillage at will, but entertaining none the less.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

~54 Fahrenheit today. terrible
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Merino wool underclothes and my arctic Carharts hold up well to -20ish

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

baffled wrote:~54 Fahrenheit today. terrible
Enjoy them taxes.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

I might have to break out my long johns

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Batboy2/75 wrote:
baffled wrote:~54 Fahrenheit today. terrible
Enjoy them taxes.
I was happy, then this post made me sad.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman