Sicario

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Sicario

Post by Shapecharge »

Mrs. Shape and I caught this later afternoon yesterday. This is probably one of the most visceral, well acted, directed, filmed, movies I've seen in years. And if you don't want to take my word for it the reviews both critical and viewer, are mostly the same. This is a drug war movie and there's no bullshitting around. Obviously this isn't my world but there may be a few IGx'ers that have some experience here whether it be directly involved or some same-but-different scenario. Gunplay is excellent. One particular shoot out in a traffic jam is executed to perfection and just absolutely fucking scary. Really. Josh Brolin, Emily Blunt and Benicio del Torro are perfectly cast. I don't want to say much here to fuck it up if anyone hasn't seen it yet. There's no real spoilers or ah-ha star-chamber shit but it would be cool for any of you to watch it and see the level of understanding that the main character goes through. Del Torro...man that guy is just a giant fucking bag of awesome and you'll totally dig him. He was scaring the shit out of me and I'm just watching. One thing that I really enjoyed about this movie is it is not sugar-coated at all. This is a heavy R rated movie and it's not because there's tits in it. All you douche bags go see with your extra medium Affliction or Rogue t-shirts on then let's delve in and really talk about it. Shape gives this a major two thumbs in with a cheek spread and a clit rub.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Sicario

Post by buckethead »

Did you mix your popcorn with Buncha crunch while you were watching? The combination is awesome

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

The history of the word, "Sicario", is interesting. All the trailers for this looked superb. Thanks for the heads up.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

It's fading fast. There were only three show times near my house. It's turning out to be a little too violent for some folks.

Boris

Post by Boris »

Liked it! Thumbs up. Glad I saw this one in the theaters and it's rare for me to say that.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Excellent Boris. Did you take Natasha? Yes, the night raid on the tunnel had to be experienced on the big screen.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Shape, just FYI, I'm not going to watch this one.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Go watch it. If you don't like it I'll refund you the money that you and your husband spent for the evening. PM me your bank account info.

Boris

Post by Boris »

"Hey Boris, where's Natasha?"

"Hey Boris, where's the moose?"

"Hey Boris, where's moose and squirrel?"
Never heard any of those before....

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Some consistency in life gives comfort. So where is moose and squirrel?

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Shapecharge wrote:Mrs. Shape and I caught this later afternoon yesterday. This is probably one of the most visceral, well acted, directed, filmed, movies I've seen in years. And if you don't want to take my word for it the reviews both critical and viewer, are mostly the same. This is a drug war movie and there's no bullshitting around. Obviously this isn't my world but there may be a few IGx'ers that have some experience here whether it be directly involved or some same-but-different scenario. Gunplay is excellent. One particular shoot out in a traffic jam is executed to perfection and just absolutely fucking scary. Really. Josh Brolin, Emily Blunt and Benicio del Torro are perfectly cast. I don't want to say much here to fuck it up if anyone hasn't seen it yet. There's no real spoilers or ah-ha star-chamber shit but it would be cool for any of you to watch it and see the level of understanding that the main character goes through. Del Torro...man that guy is just a giant fucking bag of awesome and you'll totally dig him. He was scaring the shit out of me and I'm just watching. One thing that I really enjoyed about this movie is it is not sugar-coated at all. This is a heavy R rated movie and it's not because there's tits in it. All you douche bags go see with your extra medium Affliction or Rogue t-shirts on then let's delve in and really talk about it. Shape gives this a major two thumbs in with a cheek spread and a clit rub.
2/10. Break that shit into paragraphs or something so it's at least as readable as your usual drivel.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I'm not reading it with or without punctuation.

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Boris wrote:

"Stroke Natasha Stroke."

Cayenne

Post by Cayenne »

Boris wrote:

Hey Boris, are you Badenov ?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Honestly? I don't even know what Sicario is. I keep thinking this is a post about Sicily, which reminds me of my travels to Rome, where I saw many men on motorbikes and many ladies with thongs under their light-colored skirts.

I may write a limerick about it.

Or do a watercolor.

milosz

Post by milosz »

Del Toro is really good and Blunt is hot as fuck but this felt like half a movie. They didn't explore anything in any real depth.

Boris

Post by Boris »

I liked it. Thought it was well done.

Recently, I read a book called "Murder City" - it's about Ciudad Juarez. Wow, I knew it was a shithole, but reading that made me realize I probably couldn't even imagine how horrible it is. It also reaffirmed to me how f-ed up it is that we won't accept refugees from our closest neighbor (but that's a different topic)...

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

milosz wrote:Del Toro is really good and Blunt is hot as fuck but this felt like half a movie. They didn't explore anything in any real depth.
Amazing casting, amazing shots...

...and a great build up to...nothing.

I was waiting for it to just explode, but it just never came.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Tirofijo
Sarge

Post by Tirofijo »

Testiclaw wrote:
milosz wrote:Del Toro is really good and Blunt is hot as fuck but this felt like half a movie. They didn't explore anything in any real depth.

This. I really liked it, but the ending was just a little, I don't know, flat. Can't put my finger on exactly how it missed the mark. Nonetheless, it was still very enjoyable.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Testiclaw wrote:

All of Denis Villeneuve's films follow that same, unusual pattern: 'Prisoners' didn't end up really well for the main character and the vastly underrated 'Enemy' is just plain wonderfully weird in a Nicolas-Winding-Refn-ish way (the guy behind 'Drive', 'Only God Forgives' and 'Valhalla Rising').

It's not about the story, it's about how it's being told.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

The idea of a 115 lbs waif as the FBI's best door kicker was the fatal flaw of the movie. Other than that, I found it to be a nice slow burning drama that hit its crescendo when del Toro's character is revealed to be a Colombian death machine on the trail of revenge being used by the Feds to take out Mexican drug kings. When he shot that guy's wife and kids I was like DAMN THAT NIGGAZ COLD BLOODED.

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:The idea of a 115 lbs waif as the FBI's best door kicker was the fatal flaw of the movie. Other than that, I found it to be a nice slow burning drama that hit its crescendo when del Toro's character is revealed to be a Colombian death machine on the trail of revenge being used by the Feds to take out Mexican drug kings. When he shot that guy's wife and kids I was like DAMN THAT NIGGAZ COLD BLOODED.
as was her not slobbin her partners knob. everyone knows white women cannot resist the BBC
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Luke

Post by Luke »

I watched the movie immediately after reading this thread. It had been hyped to me for ages and didn't let me down.

A few questions to go with the mouthy waifish chick being the top draft pick.

- Wouldn't old-fashioned Texas Rangers take their Stetsons off inside a meeting room?

- Delta Force seems very ethnically diverse?

- Surely intel would suggest she's very idealistic and perhaps not suited for black ops stuff.

Was actively rooting against her and the black Social Justice Warrior. It was suspenseful, well-paced, interesting and del Toro's character more than covered for minor irks.

Good flick!

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Luke wrote:I watched the movie immediately after reading this thread. It had been hyped to me for ages and didn't let me down.

A few questions to go with the mouthy waifish chick being the top draft pick.

- Wouldn't old-fashioned Texas Rangers take their Stetsons off inside a meeting room?

- Delta Force seems very ethnically diverse?

- Surely intel would suggest she's very idealistic and perhaps not suited for black ops stuff.

Was actively rooting against her and the black Social Justice Warrior. It was suspenseful, well-paced, interesting and del Toro's character more than covered for minor irks.

Good flick!
I'm right there with you...I found myself rooting for Brolin and Del Toro as their characters were doing the Lord's work as far as I'm concerned. Waif McDoorkicker and her Good Man Friday were a couple of bleeding heart idealists who should have found work campaigning for Bernie.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I just watched the trailers for it. It looks awesome...plan on watching it Friday night.