Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Bose QC 25 Headphones

Post by Turdacious »

Picked up a pair of the Bose QuietComfort 25 noise cancelling headphones a few weeks ago. They have made concentrating while working in a loudish environment (cubicle land with AC, heaters, people talking and walking around) a lot easier; can't imagine taking a long flight without them (they come with that weird little airplane jack in the case). They fold up, so they're pretty portable. Pretty good sound too. They cost about $300, which is about $280 more than I've ever considered paying for headphones, but for me they're worth it.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Bose QC 25 Headphones

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I got these in December. Interesting how they do less well with higher frequency noises. So airplane noise gets greatly reduced, but you hear a baby crying easily.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Use QC 15 with an Aviation Mike for work. GREAT product. When not up front unplug Mike plug in Aircraft entertainment system or my own music.

Using a sound suppressing headset reduces noise but also prevents peeps from bothering you.
Last edited by powerlifter54 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

What do you use them with? It seems odd to have a pair of earphones that expensive and plug them into a cell phone.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Protobuilder wrote:What do you use them with? It seems odd to have a pair of earphones that expensive and plug them into a cell phone.
They are compatible with cell phones (different setups for Android and iPhones) but I haven't used them for that yet. I use them on flights (inflight movie or iPod) and to listen to music at work.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Protobuilder wrote:What do you use them with? It seems odd to have a pair of earphones that expensive and plug them into a cell phone.
Only when riding in the back of the plane.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex