Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Post by Protobuilder » Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 am

Good.

Mantis is hot.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Post by nafod » Mon May 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Is it loud? The last movie shook lose a molar.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram » Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 am

I was surprised by how good it was. I heard that it was a shittier version of the first one, but I found this much funnier and the cast was great. The central plot was meh, but I enjoyed all the side plots and it didn't take away much from the movie.

8.5/10
"If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work." - Thich Nhat Hanh

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Sat May 13, 2017 10:39 pm

I found the first one was better. This one was a whole lot goofier, lots of teenage boy humor. That being said, the 7 tweens/teens I brought thought it was hilarious. Nebula in the first one was this badass unstoppable bitch. In this one, she's just a resentful baby sister. So, none of the actually threatening, capable enemies in this movie. Just a bunch of overly confident, incompetent goofballs. There's a whole lot of overplayed jokes, but by the middle to the end, it got a lot funnier. Still, I think the first one was better although Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone, and David Hasselhoff cameos were a lot of fun. If you have teens, they'll love it. It won't suck, but depending on your sense of humor, it might be a little annoying at first.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Boris

Post by Boris » Sun May 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Loved it.

Wasn't better than the first though and the Mantis character was a little annoying.

It IS loud.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder » Mon May 15, 2017 7:14 am

Yes, loud.

Yes, better than the original.

Yes, Mantis is probably the hottest superhero chick in history.

That is all.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode » Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Good fun. Not quite as interesting as the first one, but funnier. Bautista is the MVP – he is a riot from beginning to end.

There's a funeral in it, spoiler alert: and my sentimental 8yo sniffled a little during it! So, I guess it's touching for kids. He wasn't devastated or anything: after the movie said he liked it, and the next day was quoting lines and being all "Remember that part when – ?" and laughing.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman