Bike Pedal/Shoe Combo

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Bike Pedal/Shoe Combo

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

From recommendations here I got a pair of Kursk 2.0 pro shoes and Crank Borthers Doubleshot pedals. The shoes are vans-type shoes with clips, and the pedals are reversible for use with or without clipless shoes.

I had a fall where I would have recovered had I not been using toe clips (cages) and this seemed like a reasonable safety/convenience option. Pretty good power upgrade getting out of the parking garage, which is nice on a single speed bike.

For the bike nerds, if you have Chrome retailer in your city, they'll customize bags and gear for you. Everything they make seems to be super-rugged; it's not for me but I was impressed with the hipster dedication.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Bike Pedal/Shoe Combo

Post by TerryB »

You're not embarrassed by this?

I can't even
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Bike Pedal/Shoe Combo

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

TerryB wrote:You're not embarrassed by this?

I can't even
When you get the pedals, there's a bit of a break-in period where they're tough to get in and out of.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.