Trumpling the Truth

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by bennyonesix » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:20 pm
bennyonesix wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:42 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:31 am
TerryB wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:42 am
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:35 am

The GOP screwed up when it allowed the Nazis and white supremacists under the big tent.
When did they do that? And please don't cite headlines to prove your point.
At a national level? 2016. They need to go back to the basement, with some Baby Ruth bars.

Go soothe your prolapsed asshole; get an HIV test if he went raw.
Tendentious bullshit. Do you ever not mislead?

Define Nazi.

Define White Supremacist.

You won't because just like room temp iq nafod your re-definition of those terms relies on you keeping your redefinition secret from your audience.
Image
Just as I thought.

You are essentially dishonest.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Image
Image
They've defined themselves, I accept their definition.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by bennyonesix » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 pm
Image
Image
They've defined themselves, I accept their definition.
Another refusal.

You are simply a dishonest person.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:59 pm

A tweet from Jason Kessler’s Twitter account insulting the woman who died in Charlottesville on Saturday was slammed by Richard Spencer and other members of the far-right.

“Heather Heyer was a fat, disgusting Communist,” Kessler, a white nationalist blogger who organized the Unite the Right rally, appeared to tweet. “Communists have killed 94 million. Looks like it was payback time.”

The account also included a link to the neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer, which resurfaced with a new domain after it was booted off Go Daddy and Google, among others.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3424813

In the race to the bottom, Ziggy Sobotka here's in the lead.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8034
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
Location: Deep in a well

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:56 pm
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 pm
I get Confederate monuments in the former Confederate states. I even kind of get Confederate monuments in Maryland (a slave state on the Union side). I don't get Confederate monuments in any other Union states, especially in progressive bastions, and why they've survived so long.
Once again, a plaque honoring Jefferson Davis, the president of the Confederacy, has been removed from the park at Horton Plaza.

The sudden move Wednesday morning by the city of San Diego came nearly 71 years after it was taken down the first time — shortly after the plaque was installed amid considerable civic controversy.

Back then, the impetus came from a group of Union Army veterans who, backed by a series of front-page newspaper articles, petitioned the City Council to get rid of the monument in the heart of downtown San Diego.

This time, it was another petition drive and a flurry of social media activity, texts from a state assemblywoman and a quick order by the mayor. It was over and done before most people knew what happened.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... story.html
Great work San Diego but it's time to look in the mirror and start doing penance for your own sins. California's evil mission system culturally and physically destroyed many innocent aboriginal peoples. Those of Hispanic descent or the Roman Catholic faith may object but the missions essentially honor genocide and they've got to go.
Dark terrible secrets
Junipero Serra was no saint

I'm really starting to enjoy finding and cleansing evil. It's refreshing like a gin & tonic on a summer day.
Just don't expect Cali to cop to their actual Naziesque history:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-ster ... 31287.html
BOOM! PROPHECY COMES TRUE.
Image
The Donkey is available for private readings at reasonable prices.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11594
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by nafod » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 am

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:50 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:56 pm
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 pm
I get Confederate monuments in the former Confederate states. I even kind of get Confederate monuments in Maryland (a slave state on the Union side). I don't get Confederate monuments in any other Union states, especially in progressive bastions, and why they've survived so long.
Once again, a plaque honoring Jefferson Davis, the president of the Confederacy, has been removed from the park at Horton Plaza.

The sudden move Wednesday morning by the city of San Diego came nearly 71 years after it was taken down the first time — shortly after the plaque was installed amid considerable civic controversy.

Back then, the impetus came from a group of Union Army veterans who, backed by a series of front-page newspaper articles, petitioned the City Council to get rid of the monument in the heart of downtown San Diego.

This time, it was another petition drive and a flurry of social media activity, texts from a state assemblywoman and a quick order by the mayor. It was over and done before most people knew what happened.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... story.html
Great work San Diego but it's time to look in the mirror and start doing penance for your own sins. California's evil mission system culturally and physically destroyed many innocent aboriginal peoples. Those of Hispanic descent or the Roman Catholic faith may object but the missions essentially honor genocide and they've got to go.
Dark terrible secrets
Junipero Serra was no saint

I'm really starting to enjoy finding and cleansing evil. It's refreshing like a gin & tonic on a summer day.
Just don't expect Cali to cop to their actual Naziesque history:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-ster ... 31287.html
BOOM! PROPHECY COMES TRUE.
Image
The Donkey is available for private readings at reasonable prices.
Weird timing. I'm reading the book Blood Meridian right now, and that statue reminds me of Judge Holden and the young Indian boy survivor of the ambush that he cares for...and then kills and scalps shortly thereafter.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:36 am

The knife cuts both ways.
A group of African American pastors is upper their demand for the taxpayer-funded Smithsonian to remove a statue of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger. The museum has so far refused their request to remove the statue of the eugenics-supporting founder of the abortion business caught selling aborted babies and their body parts.

The museum has the Sanger bust in their “Struggle for Justice” exhibit, which is supposed to honor those of the past who were “champions of justice.” A sign beneath the sculpture says that Sanger was “profoundly affected by the physical and mental toll exacted on women by frequent childbirth, miscarriage and self-induced abortion.”

The pastors wrote the Smithsonian a letter explaining that Sanger was far from a champion for their race because of her strong ties to the eugenics movement.

However, their request to have the bust removed has been denied.
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/08/27/blac ... ign=buffer
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 10909
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 am

Trump presidenting great in his comments of the missing sailors from the John S McCain.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by bennyonesix » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:36 am
The knife cuts both ways.
A group of African American pastors is upper their demand for the taxpayer-funded Smithsonian to remove a statue of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger. The museum has so far refused their request to remove the statue of the eugenics-supporting founder of the abortion business caught selling aborted babies and their body parts.

The museum has the Sanger bust in their “Struggle for Justice” exhibit, which is supposed to honor those of the past who were “champions of justice.” A sign beneath the sculpture says that Sanger was “profoundly affected by the physical and mental toll exacted on women by frequent childbirth, miscarriage and self-induced abortion.”

The pastors wrote the Smithsonian a letter explaining that Sanger was far from a champion for their race because of her strong ties to the eugenics movement.

However, their request to have the bust removed has been denied.
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/08/27/blac ... ign=buffer
Moron, the request was summarily denied.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by bennyonesix » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:38 am

Turdacious wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:59 pm
A tweet from Jason Kessler’s Twitter account insulting the woman who died in Charlottesville on Saturday was slammed by Richard Spencer and other members of the far-right.

“Heather Heyer was a fat, disgusting Communist,” Kessler, a white nationalist blogger who organized the Unite the Right rally, appeared to tweet. “Communists have killed 94 million. Looks like it was payback time.”

The account also included a link to the neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer, which resurfaced with a new domain after it was booted off Go Daddy and Google, among others.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3424813

In the race to the bottom, Ziggy Sobotka here's in the lead.
6 months ago the guy was as left-wing as you.

Yes, I'm drunk
Top
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Yes, I'm drunk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:40 am

Image

Cuckservatives still punching to the right ](*,)

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Following last week’s developments in the ongoing saga over Obamacare’s cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments, two things seem clear. First, President Trump won’t stop making these payments to insurers, designed to reimburse them for providing reduced deductibles and copayments to low-income individuals. If Trump’s administration continued to pay CSRs to insurers mere weeks after the Obamacare “repeal-and-replace” effort collapsed on the Senate floor, it should be fairly obvious that this president won’t cut off the payments.

Second, notwithstanding the above, Trump won’t stop threatening to halt these payments any time soon. Seeing himself as a negotiator, Trump won’t cede any leverage by committing to make future payments, trying to keep insurance companies and Democrats in suspense and extract concessions from each. He has received no concessions from Democrats, and he likely has no intentions of ever stopping the payments, but will continue the yo-yo approach for as long as he thinks it effective—in other words, until the policy community fully sees it as the empty threat that it is.

The combination of these occurrences has created the worst of all possible worlds for the president, his administration, and Republicans.
http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/24/don ... re-worlds/
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Thud
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2536
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: Keep Out

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Thud » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Trumps token black friend. A kindred spirit indeed.

www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/blacks-for ... s_politics
Image

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:21 am

President Trump played Democratic Party president today. He gave Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer everything they hoped for and sent Republican leaders spiraling into anger and disbelief.

Trump handed Pelosi and Schumer the deal of the century over the debt ceiling this morning — a move one top Republican described to me as the legislative equivalent of giving an entire stockpile of weapons to Democrats and inviting them to take the entire Republican Party hostage.
He nodded to bigger government, by agreeing to raise the debt limit, spend billions on disaster relief, and get zero spending cuts in exchange.
Trump invited his daughter Ivanka into the meeting with Congressional leaders — where he was rejecting GOP leaders Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, and embracing Schumer and Pelosi — "to briefly discuss childcare tax credit," per NBC's Hallie Jackson.
And he hopped aboard Air Force One and "held out the possibility of giving Democrats a much bigger prize in future negotiations: a permanent legislative fix for undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children who were protected from deportation under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which he announced would be winding down," per The Atlantic.
Trump's quote to reporters on Air Force One: "Chuck and Nancy would like to see something happen [on DACA], and so do I." He conspicuously didn't mention the leaders of his own party, McConnell or Ryan. (North Dakota's Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp joined Trump on AF1, traveling to her home state for his tax reform speech.)
https://www.axios.com/trump-democrat-fo ... 96772.html
Will the lifelong New York Democrat please stand up, please stand up...
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11594
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by nafod » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:34 am

Turdacious wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:21 am
President Trump played Democratic Party president today. He gave Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer everything they hoped for and sent Republican leaders spiraling into anger and disbelief.

Trump handed Pelosi and Schumer the deal of the century over the debt ceiling this morning — a move one top Republican described to me as the legislative equivalent of giving an entire stockpile of weapons to Democrats and inviting them to take the entire Republican Party hostage.
He nodded to bigger government, by agreeing to raise the debt limit, spend billions on disaster relief, and get zero spending cuts in exchange.
Trump invited his daughter Ivanka into the meeting with Congressional leaders — where he was rejecting GOP leaders Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, and embracing Schumer and Pelosi — "to briefly discuss childcare tax credit," per NBC's Hallie Jackson.
And he hopped aboard Air Force One and "held out the possibility of giving Democrats a much bigger prize in future negotiations: a permanent legislative fix for undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children who were protected from deportation under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which he announced would be winding down," per The Atlantic.
Trump's quote to reporters on Air Force One: "Chuck and Nancy would like to see something happen [on DACA], and so do I." He conspicuously didn't mention the leaders of his own party, McConnell or Ryan. (North Dakota's Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp joined Trump on AF1, traveling to her home state for his tax reform speech.)
https://www.axios.com/trump-democrat-fo ... 96772.html
Will the lifelong New York Democrat please stand up, please stand up...
chortle
Don’t believe everything you think.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by dead man walking » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:17 pm

fuck me, bad boy, but do it ethically
The wife of a lawyer tasked with monitoring ethics in President Donald Trump’s business trust was arrested Tuesday afternoon after “suspicious” activity with a Virginia inmate in the backseat of a car outside a jail.

Teresa Jo Burchfield, 53, was outside Virginia’s Fauquier County Adult Detention Center when . . . . Burchfield and an unnamed 23-year-old inmate were spotted in the backseat of a car, along with a bag of pills and other contraband items that Burchfield had allegedly given the inmate.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/wife-of-tr ... itter_page
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 am

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon condemned the Catholic Church's stance on immigration in an interview with Charlie Rose, saying they have an interest in illegal immigration to get "aliens to fill the churches."
http://freebeacon.com/politics/bannon-r ... -churches/
This afternoon, during a confirmation hearing for 7th Circuit Court of Appeals nominee Amy Coney Barrett, Democratic senator Dianne Feinstein attacked the nominee for her Roman Catholic faith. Barrett is a law professor at the University of Notre Dame who has written about the role of religion in public life and delivered academic lectures to Christian legal groups. Drawing on some of these materials, Feinstein launched a thinly veiled attack on Barrett’s Catholic faith, asserting that her religious views will prevent her from judging fairly.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... al-nominee
The far right is the left.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:20 pm

By the time President Trump woke up on Thursday morning, he was feeling upbeat. And as he watched television news reports about his fiscal agreement with Democrats, he felt like telling someone.

He picked up the phone and called the two Democratic congressional leaders, Senator Chuck Schumer of New York and Representative Nancy Pelosi of California. “The press has been incredible,” he gushed to Ms. Pelosi, according to someone briefed on their call. He was equally effusive with Mr. Schumer
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/p ... d=tw-share
Funny how quiet the IGx libs got.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by bennyonesix » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 am
Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon condemned the Catholic Church's stance on immigration in an interview with Charlie Rose, saying they have an interest in illegal immigration to get "aliens to fill the churches."
http://freebeacon.com/politics/bannon-r ... -churches/
This afternoon, during a confirmation hearing for 7th Circuit Court of Appeals nominee Amy Coney Barrett, Democratic senator Dianne Feinstein attacked the nominee for her Roman Catholic faith. Barrett is a law professor at the University of Notre Dame who has written about the role of religion in public life and delivered academic lectures to Christian legal groups. Drawing on some of these materials, Feinstein launched a thinly veiled attack on Barrett’s Catholic faith, asserting that her religious views will prevent her from judging fairly.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... al-nominee
The far right is the left.
Typical dishonesty. I don't begrudge you lying for on behalf of the rich for your paycheck, but why do you do it here where you are anon?

Bannon is a Catholic criticizing the clerisy for what he sees as bad policy. Ultramontanism (which you surely know about since you are a "practicing Catholic") is a relatively recent phenomenon and was not the norm for most of Church History. Moreover, the clerics advocacy of no borders for white countries is an incredibly recent occurrence and at odds with every single Pope (but this one) who has ever held the office. So his criticism, even jf wrong, which it isn't, is valid.

Feinstein is a Jew criticizing a Catholic for being Catholic and seeking to impose a religious test on said Catholic. And Religious tests have ALWAYS been unconstitutional. I wonder how she would react to someone asking the inevitable Zionist replacement for the Fed Gov who just retired the same questions?

The Horseshoe theory is stupid and facile like you. It takes the fact that the Right and Left both correctly identify the maladies of modernity and conflates that into identity. The Right and Left attribute different causes to the maladies and recommend completely different treatments. Franco was same same as Pol Pot? Pinochet same same as Allende? Duterte same as Chavez?

What you are really arguing is that both sides oppose your pernicious "invisible hand" ideology which is just a cover for the financial elite who are currently running things.

User avatar
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8034
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
Location: Deep in a well

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:47 pm

bennyonesix wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 am
Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon condemned the Catholic Church's stance on immigration in an interview with Charlie Rose, saying they have an interest in illegal immigration to get "aliens to fill the churches."
http://freebeacon.com/politics/bannon-r ... -churches/
This afternoon, during a confirmation hearing for 7th Circuit Court of Appeals nominee Amy Coney Barrett, Democratic senator Dianne Feinstein attacked the nominee for her Roman Catholic faith. Barrett is a law professor at the University of Notre Dame who has written about the role of religion in public life and delivered academic lectures to Christian legal groups. Drawing on some of these materials, Feinstein launched a thinly veiled attack on Barrett’s Catholic faith, asserting that her religious views will prevent her from judging fairly.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... al-nominee
The far right is the left.
Typical dishonesty. I don't begrudge you lying for on behalf of the rich for your paycheck, but why do you do it here where you are anon?

Bannon is a Catholic criticizing the clerisy for what he sees as bad policy. Ultramontanism (which you surely know about since you are a "practicing Catholic") is a relatively recent phenomenon and was not the norm for most of Church History. Moreover, the clerics advocacy of no borders for white countries is an incredibly recent occurrence and at odds with every single Pope (but this one) who has ever held the office. So his criticism, even jf wrong, which it isn't, is valid.

Feinstein is a Jew criticizing a Catholic for being Catholic and seeking to impose a religious test on said Catholic. And Religious tests have ALWAYS been unconstitutional. I wonder how she would react to someone asking the inevitable Zionist replacement for the Fed Gov who just retired the same questions?

The Horseshoe theory is stupid and facile like you. It takes the fact that the Right and Left both correctly identify the maladies of modernity and conflates that into identity. The Right and Left attribute different causes to the maladies and recommend completely different treatments. Franco was same same as Pol Pot? Pinochet same same as Allende? Duterte same as Chavez?

What you are really arguing is that both sides oppose your pernicious "invisible hand" ideology which is just a cover for the financial elite who are currently running things.
This B16 is starting to make a bit of sense to me. Worrisome.

Wouldn't go after Jewish Feinstein since alleged RC Durbin was just as malevolent. Of course, both worship at the throne of statism and public religious affiliation is legerdemain.

Re: Horseshoe theory: Left & Right collide at the state as master and individual rights as recognized by our beloved founders is minimized, or even persecuted.

Neither wants the chimps to have much say in the running of the zoo.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:38 pm

bennyonesix wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 am
Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon condemned the Catholic Church's stance on immigration in an interview with Charlie Rose, saying they have an interest in illegal immigration to get "aliens to fill the churches."
http://freebeacon.com/politics/bannon-r ... -churches/
This afternoon, during a confirmation hearing for 7th Circuit Court of Appeals nominee Amy Coney Barrett, Democratic senator Dianne Feinstein attacked the nominee for her Roman Catholic faith. Barrett is a law professor at the University of Notre Dame who has written about the role of religion in public life and delivered academic lectures to Christian legal groups. Drawing on some of these materials, Feinstein launched a thinly veiled attack on Barrett’s Catholic faith, asserting that her religious views will prevent her from judging fairly.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... al-nominee
The far right is the left.
Typical dishonesty. I don't begrudge you lying for on behalf of the rich for your paycheck, but why do you do it here where you are anon?

Bannon is a Catholic criticizing the clerisy for what he sees as bad policy. Ultramontanism (which you surely know about since you are a "practicing Catholic") is a relatively recent phenomenon and was not the norm for most of Church History. Moreover, the clerics advocacy of no borders for white countries is an incredibly recent occurrence and at odds with every single Pope (but this one) who has ever held the office. So his criticism, even jf wrong, which it isn't, is valid.

Feinstein is a Jew criticizing a Catholic for being Catholic and seeking to impose a religious test on said Catholic. And Religious tests have ALWAYS been unconstitutional. I wonder how she would react to someone asking the inevitable Zionist replacement for the Fed Gov who just retired the same questions?

The Horseshoe theory is stupid and facile like you. It takes the fact that the Right and Left both correctly identify the maladies of modernity and conflates that into identity. The Right and Left attribute different causes to the maladies and recommend completely different treatments. Franco was same same as Pol Pot? Pinochet same same as Allende? Duterte same as Chavez?

What you are really arguing is that both sides oppose your pernicious "invisible hand" ideology which is just a cover for the financial elite who are currently running things.
More benwald nonsense.
1. Bannon's statement is at odds with American Catholic reality. Outreach to immigrants, especially illegal immigrants, is not done on any scale. Efforts to get them to church don't really exist. The Church's position is primarily about DACA kids and families: those who have been here a long time illegally, not immigration in general. And even calling Bannon a cultural Catholic is a stretch.
2. Nice use of a big word, but you're implying there's been a major shift in Church teachings and doctrine, or a push for papal leadership under the current pope. There hasn't.
3. Feinstein is not using a religious test, but a religiosity test. She voted for Sotomayor, but not for Roberts. In practice, a religious test has always been applied in US politics by voters and elected leaders.
4. Unite the Right and Antifa, both extreme groups, have more in common with each other than with either the center-right or center-left. Pol Pot and Allende were trying to bring about a Socialist paradise and bring about a permanent change in human nature for the surviving true believers; Franco and Pinochet weren't. Hitler was trying to do something similar to Communists (just on racial lines), which is why he has more in common with Commies than with other fascists.

I understand your anger. Your guy has been exposed as a New York Democrat. You feel betrayed.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by JimZipCode » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:20 pm
Funny how quiet the IGx libs got.
Huh, what? Too busy with things going on locally. Did something good happen?
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:34 am

JimZipCode wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:20 pm
Funny how quiet the IGx libs got.
Huh, what? Too busy with things going on locally. Did something good happen?
touche
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20631
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 am

The House of Representatives passed an amendment Tuesday which blocks funding of a controversial program reimplemented by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The amendment, co-sponsored by Reps. Jamie Raskin (D., Md.), Jim Sensenbrenner (R., Wisc.), and John Conyers (D., Mich.), affects the federal government's involvement in the controversial practice known as civil asset forfeiture. Attached to a larger appropriations bill, the amendment passed on a voice vote.
http://freebeacon.com/issues/house-bloc ... orfeiture/
Keep it going.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by JimZipCode » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 am
http://freebeacon.com/issues/house-bloc ... orfeiture/
Keep it going.
This Congress might surprise me.

How on earth has civil forfeiture survived a Constitutional challenge? Has one not been attempted, for some reason?
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Post Reply