Lets talk boxing

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Lets talk boxing

Post by Turdacious »

Forget Mayweather v. Mcgregor.

Let's talk the real fights worth getting excited for. Round 3 of Lomo v. Marriaga was incredible. Mikey Garcia just made AB look like a clown. Either Mikey or Crawford would be a great next fight for Lomo.
Canelo v. GGG should be incredible. Joshua's next fight looks to be exciting.

Or we can watch GSP and Woodley bore the fuck out of fight fans....
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Lets talk boxing

Post by dead man walking »

Turdacious wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:23 am Forget Mayweather v. Mcgregor.

Let's talk the real fights worth getting excited for. Round 3 of Lomo v. Marriaga was incredible. Mikey Garcia just made AB look like a clown. Either Mikey or Crawford would be a great next fight for Lomo.
lomanchenko's power looks mediocre. he's going to have trouble as he goes up in weight class.

triple g is going to treat canelo like a pinata.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

dead man walking wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm
Turdacious wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:23 am Forget Mayweather v. Mcgregor.

lomanchenko's power looks mediocre. he's going to have trouble as he goes up in weight class.

triple g is going to treat canelo like a pinata.
No one will fight lomo at the higher weight. His feet are amazing and his hands are blazing fast. He's sweetpea with pop. He throws more power punches than almost anyone. He is third best p4p fighter in the world.

Styles make fights and I take Canelo. Two bangers in phone booth goes to younger stronger fighter almost every time. But I can not wait for this fight. Just can not wait.
Last edited by bennyonesix on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Light heavy is where the action is right now. Bivol is the rising star in boxing.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

David-Benavidez-vs.-Francy-Ntetu-MVP-RBRBoxing-11.jpg
David-Benavidez-vs.-Francy-Ntetu-MVP-RBRBoxing-11.jpg (86.15 KiB) Viewed 11443 times

Light heavyweight David Benavidez is my pick to win the heavyweight title and dominate the division for years. Young kid, huge frame, big hands and incredible skills.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

I just watched Lomachenko-Marriaga fight yesterday. I thought all rounds were pretty impressive. Como is very aggressive, cocky at times and got away with it. I must say, his amateur record of 395-1 is incredible. Not to forget two World titles and two Olympic gold medals. As far as his power goes, I think he is using it economically: mostly lighter punches for points wearing off the opponent, and killer shots when time is right. Two knock downs in six rounds - I think his power is ok.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Q. What does Dana White have in common with Don King and John du Pont?
A. Everything.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

Speaking of Whitaker. I watched his fight against Hurtado for the first time since watching it live back in 97. He really went full on savage after getting outclassed for most of the fight.

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

Fury -v- Joshua

Only fight in town.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Croatoa wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 am Speaking of Whitaker. I watched his fight against Hurtado for the first time since watching it live back in 97. He really went full on savage after getting outclassed for most of the fight.
I missed or forgot that gotta watch. Sweet pea was absolutely amazing. He had some wars at the end of his career. The one with chavez obv classic.

James Toney was my all time favorite.

This is my vote for most brutal opening

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9W7HJ_3Ug

rjudo
Gunny

Post by rjudo »

hagler/hearns
got most all fight before and after beat. three rounds of mayhem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ2UopqhB3Y
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Yes, I'm drunk wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:36 am Fury -v- Joshua

Only fight in town.
What do you think the odds are that fight actually happens before 2020?

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

bennyonesix wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 pm
Croatoa wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 am Speaking of Whitaker. I watched his fight against Hurtado for the first time since watching it live back in 97. He really went full on savage after getting outclassed for most of the fight.
I missed or forgot that gotta watch. Sweet pea was absolutely amazing. He had some wars at the end of his career. The one with chavez obv classic.

Big James Toney fan as well. Was tough seeing him after the jones loss but when he re established himself at cruiserweight it was awesome to see.

Speaking of Chavez. Lol. I watched his fight against Taylor again as well(thank you YouTube). Absolutely crazy how that one fight basically ended his career.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Croatoa wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:33 am
bennyonesix wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Big James Toney fan as well. Was tough seeing him after the jones loss but when he re established himself at cruiserweight it was awesome to see.

Speaking of Chavez. Lol. I watched his fight against Taylor again as well(thank you YouTube). Absolutely crazy how that one fight basically ended his career.
Philly tough. He prob barely won on points but those last rounds were whew. Such an ass beating.

Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

Post by Old Mother »

GGG/Canelo - tough call. I want GGG to win, but he's getting old(er). Alvarez has been in a huge number of fights since he turned pro. At 27 he's had 51 fights. That's a lot of shots to the dome. TBI's being what they are I wonder how slow he is from all that beating? He's still an animal and his youth may be enough of an advantage to hand GGG a loss. It'll be sad to see, but I think Alvarez might take this one.

McGregor/Mayweather: Don't really give a shit, but CM doesn't have the skills to knockout FM even as old as FM is. The guy was untouchable in his prime and he's still in damn good shape. FM won by being slick and staying away from people. He has 25 ko's in 49 fights. Not a big power puncher. He's going to win by doing what he always does. Being boring.

Joshua/Ortiz - I'm pulling for Ortiz. The Real King Kong. Love this guy. He's getting old too though, I don't think this has been scheduled yet. Joshua is young and strong, but I don't think he looked that good against WK.

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

Turdacious wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:54 am
Yes, I'm drunk wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:36 am Fury -v- Joshua

Only fight in town.
What do you think the odds are that fight actually happens before 2020?
Depends on either Fury's shrink and/or his coke dealer. Doesn't look promising either way.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Supposedly Floyd got KO'd in training by old as fuck lefty Zab Judah in training. Could be bullshit, but if it's true then that combined with the video footage of Conor fucking up Malinaggi makes me think Conor has more of a chance than what all the writers think.

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav »

From what I read Judah was in a totally different city when that was supposed to have happened.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

It was probably BS to sell the fight. PBF would probably postpone if he really got KO'd

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Am I the only one who thinks the stoppage in the Joshua vs Takam fight was bullshit? Takam was definitely losing on points, but didn't seem to about to fall on the ground. Is that how Joshua's 100% KO win ratio is kept?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxLyFgKDeTU[/youtube]