only the best

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

only the best

Post by dead man walking »

for trump administration appointees:
Sam Clovis, Trump’s nominee for USDA’s top scientist, confirms he has no hard science credentials
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... d8f3104c69

in sam's favor is the fact that, based on his looks, he appears to have eaten the entire food pyramid in a single sitting
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: only the best

Post by nafod »

I so very much hope Trump doesn't withdraw his nomination prior to the hearing next week. Between asking about his credentials and asking about if he has immunity from prosecution granted by Mueller, should be a good time.

It will be almost as much fun watching the republican questioners awkwardly maneuver around the various elephants in the room, trying to make him look good.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

from wa po reporter's twitter feed:
Clovis has withdrawn himself from consideration for top scientist at USDA
i expect other entertainments will come your way, nafod.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

dead man walking wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:39 pm from wa po reporter's twitter feed:
i expect other entertainments will come your way, nafod.
His next gig: replace Ray Liotta as Colonel Sanders.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

sam, we hardly knew ya
The White House first learned one of its senior staffers [Sam Clovis] met with the grand jury hearing the case presented by the special counsel into alleged Russian meddling into the 2016 election not from the staffer but from media reports
ABC News.

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:04 pm
Apparently he didn't knock his ring hard enough on the table, this is clearly.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Yes, I'm drunk wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:49 am Image
Ya know, it's mouth breathing stupidity like this that makes me sad for my former ties to conservatives and republicans.

Bill Nye actually worked as an engineer for some 10 years, doing engineering and inventing and patenting stuff. Google on "William S Nye" and "patents"...

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm ... +S.+Nye%22

Props to Dolph Lundgren, obviously smart guy. But he didn't walk the science walk. This picture is retarded, and likely Russian-sponsored.

By the way, you can be a scientist and hollywood actor and not have any formal training at all.
Although Lamarr had no formal training and was primarily self-taught, she worked in her spare time on various hobbies and inventions, which included an improved traffic stoplight and a tablet that would dissolve in water to create a carbonated drink. The beverage was unsuccessful; Lamarr herself said it tasted like Alka-Seltzer.[21]

During World War II, Lamarr learned that radio-controlled torpedoes, which could be important in the naval war, could easily be jammed, thereby causing the torpedo to go off course.[24] With the knowledge she had gained about torpedoes from her first husband, she thought of creating a frequency-hopping signal that could not be tracked or jammed. She contacted her friend, composer and pianist George Antheil, to help her develop a device for doing that, and he succeeded by synchronizing a miniaturized player-piano mechanism with radio signals.[22] They drafted designs for the frequency-hopping system, which they patented.

In 2014, Lamarr and Antheil were posthumously inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.[30]

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

That moment you find out that Dolph Lundren is eminently more credentialed as a scientist than Hedy Lamarr.

“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

nafod wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:08 pmYa know, it's mouth breathing stupidity like this that makes me sad for my former ties to conservatives and republicans.
Why are conservatives so preoccupied with Bill Nye anyway? I'm barely aware that guy exists.
Is he actively riling them up somehow?
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

nafod wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:08 pm Image
would

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

nafod wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:08 pmYa know, it's mouth breathing stupidity like this that makes me sad for my former ties to conservatives and republicans.[21]
Lol, no it doesn't. It upsets you that it's true.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

JimZipCode wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:07 pm
nafod wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:08 pmYa know, it's mouth breathing stupidity like this that makes me sad for my former ties to conservatives and republicans.
Why are conservatives so preoccupied with Bill Nye anyway? I'm barely aware that guy exists.
Is he actively riling them up somehow?
Bill Nye is a major global warming alarmist which riles up those who dismiss that stuff

However he is also arrogant about his certainty on a wide variety of scientific orthodoxy which is annoying to anyone knowing the limitations of those subjects

And a working engineer versus a researcher in a scientific field is night and fucking day. He should never refer to himself a scientist. That’s not a knock. Engineers provide us useful shit daily

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

buckethead wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:52 pm Bill Nye is a major global warming alarmist which riles up those who dismiss that stuff
"alarmist"?

did you see the report released today? the trump admin seems now to acknowledge:
“It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. For the warming over the last century, there is no convincing alternative explanation supported by the extent of the observational evidence.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... e9b2e07e1c

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Bill Nye “the science guy” says in a video interview released Thursday that he is open to the idea of jailing those who deviate from the climate change consensus
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... climate-c/

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

he's the science guy, not the legal guy.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

buckethead wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:42 am
Bill Nye “the science guy” says in a video interview released Thursday that he is open to the idea of jailing those who deviate from the climate change consensus
Well, that would annoy me too, if I paid any attention to that guy.

People that conservatives pay a surprising amount of attention to:
  • Bill Nye
  • Lady Gaga
  • The chick who writes "Girls" on HBO