Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Punisher on Netflix

Post by Turdacious »

Saw the first episode-- so far, it's like a cross between John Wick, Arrow, and the Shaft remake. If John Wick was 10 and the Shaft remake was 1 (key caveat- a Shaft remake without Samuel L and Richard Roundtree)-- I'd give it a -2.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Punisher on Netflix

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

I'm 2 episodes in and like it. I get that the flashbacks to his murdered family are key plot points but feel they take up too much time. Still worth watching IMO.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Frank Castle is not EMO

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

I'm getting really drawn in.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

In other Punisher news, Garth Ennis has returned to the character with a story of Frank's first tour in Vietnam. Art by Goran Parlov, who worked with Ennis on the MAX run. Third issue recently came out. It's a miniseries: I'm gonna guess a projected six issues, that's what all of Ennis' other arcs were for Punisher MAX.

Exellent so far, of course.

The trade edition is scheduled for May release, avail for preorder now:
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman