Trumpling the Truth

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Post Reply
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by dead man walking » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:53 pm

electoral college is the answer.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by dead man walking » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:10 pm

didja see the times interview.?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/28/us/p ... v=top-news

the man shows him largely delusional and seriously disconnected from truth. for example

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... c8d4e0913f

and this (almost one bit of falsity or nonsense per minute):

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/anal ... rview.html
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 pm
Sangoma wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:04 pm
The majority of Americans approved him....
This is what is wrong with this country right here. 6 words of complete bullshit that is so easily checked an 8-year old could Google it.

220,000,000+Americans over the age of 18.
62,980,160 Americans voted for Donald Trump

62,980,160 / 220,000,000 = .2863

Less than 29% of voting eligible Americans "approved" of Donald Trump enough to vote for him.
The 2016 campaign may have reached dispiriting new lows, but voter registration in America has soared to new heights as 200 million people are now registered to vote for the first time in U.S. history.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/ ... 016-229993

News flash-- you're not smarter than an eight year old.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by JimZipCode » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:45 am

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:43 pm
How about the majority of actual voters outside of the Progressive urban coastal enclaves?
This is true. If you exclude the major population centers where the highest concentrations of Americans live, the majority of voters were for Trump.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 am
President Trump was so enraged by an NBC News report that Secretary of State Tillerson had called him a "moron" and considered resigning that Chief of Staff John Kelly skipped Trump's Las Vegas trip to "contain his boss's fury and manage the fallout," NBC reports. Per the report, Kelly "summoned" Tillerson and Defense Secretary Mattis to the White House to "discuss a path forward."

Trump fumed for two hours Wednesday morning after the report emerged, per NBC, and was even angrier when Tillerson didn't deny having called Trump a moron during a press conference later in the day.
https://www.axios.com/report-kelly-till ... 89053.html
And for the record, the adjective Tillerson 'allegedly' used matters.
Tillerson's still employed. For context, Gen McChrystal was was replaced within two weeks for far less.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11483
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by nafod » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:43 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 am
President Trump was so enraged by an NBC News report that Secretary of State Tillerson had called him a "moron" and considered resigning that Chief of Staff John Kelly skipped Trump's Las Vegas trip to "contain his boss's fury and manage the fallout," NBC reports. Per the report, Kelly "summoned" Tillerson and Defense Secretary Mattis to the White House to "discuss a path forward."

Trump fumed for two hours Wednesday morning after the report emerged, per NBC, and was even angrier when Tillerson didn't deny having called Trump a moron during a press conference later in the day.
https://www.axios.com/report-kelly-till ... 89053.html
And for the record, the adjective Tillerson 'allegedly' used matters.
Tillerson's still employed. For context, Gen McChrystal was was replaced within two weeks for far less.
Flynn was fired for just lying
Don’t believe everything you think.

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by JimZipCode » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 pm
Gen McChrystal was was replaced within two weeks for far less.
Disputable. But hey, at least we got Petraeus from the episode!
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm

The Trump administration has either failed to complete or is keeping from the public more than half of the reports that President Donald Trump assigned to the administration through his early and prolific use of the executive order. Of the reports it did complete, many were turned in well past the assigned due date and only “complete” in the sense that they consist of words on paper.

In his first year in office, Trump ordered 95 separate reports, performance reviews, instructions, or other activities to be carried out by executive branch agencies. The Intercept has been reviewing these orders for the last year. We found that 48 of the 95 actions were completed, in many cases after the due date stipulated in the order. Federal agencies have yet to complete another 20. In 27 cases, the agency was unresponsive to our requests for information [...] The administration’s track record also reinforces the incredible secrecy within the Trump government. Only 19 of the 48 completed reports were publicly released [...]

For example, in April, the president signed an executive order on “Buy American and Hire American” rules for the federal government. It laid out a series of steps for executive agencies to prioritize American products and materials in federal procurement, as well as to step up enforcement of “Buy American” laws within their jurisdictions.

The policy is central to fulfilling Trump’s “America First” agenda. The secretary of Commerce and the Office of Management and Budget were to collate reports from agency heads on compliance, as well as assess the impacts of trade agreements on “Buy American” laws. And by November 24, the Commerce Department was to submit a final report, with recommendations on strengthening those laws so that the campaign promise could become reality.

The agency has not confirmed its completion of any of those reports. It took a Democrat, Wisconsin Sen. Tammy Baldwin, to write the White House asking for the final report on December 12, 18 days after it was due. “I understand that the report is not finished and I am writing to urge your Administration to expedite the publication of this now late report,” she wrote. The Intercept asked the Commerce Department whether the preliminary reports were completed; the agency did not respond.

Trump’s “Buy American” plan could theoretically be a place for bipartisan cooperation and is one that aligns with the president’s promises to his base to restore jobs to the “forgotten man.” But all of that is apparently not enough of a priority for the administration to bother with it.
https://theintercept.com/2018/01/02/don ... ve-orders/
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11483
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by nafod » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm
The Trump administration has either failed to complete or is keeping from the public more than half of the reports that President Donald Trump assigned to the administration through his early and prolific use of the executive order. Of the reports it did complete, many were turned in well past the assigned due date and only “complete” in the sense that they consist of words on paper.

In his first year in office, Trump ordered 95 separate reports, performance reviews, instructions, or other activities to be carried out by executive branch agencies. The Intercept has been reviewing these orders for the last year. We found that 48 of the 95 actions were completed, in many cases after the due date stipulated in the order. Federal agencies have yet to complete another 20. In 27 cases, the agency was unresponsive to our requests for information [...] The administration’s track record also reinforces the incredible secrecy within the Trump government. Only 19 of the 48 completed reports were publicly released [...]

For example, in April, the president signed an executive order on “Buy American and Hire American” rules for the federal government. It laid out a series of steps for executive agencies to prioritize American products and materials in federal procurement, as well as to step up enforcement of “Buy American” laws within their jurisdictions.

The policy is central to fulfilling Trump’s “America First” agenda. The secretary of Commerce and the Office of Management and Budget were to collate reports from agency heads on compliance, as well as assess the impacts of trade agreements on “Buy American” laws. And by November 24, the Commerce Department was to submit a final report, with recommendations on strengthening those laws so that the campaign promise could become reality.

The agency has not confirmed its completion of any of those reports. It took a Democrat, Wisconsin Sen. Tammy Baldwin, to write the White House asking for the final report on December 12, 18 days after it was due. “I understand that the report is not finished and I am writing to urge your Administration to expedite the publication of this now late report,” she wrote. The Intercept asked the Commerce Department whether the preliminary reports were completed; the agency did not respond.

Trump’s “Buy American” plan could theoretically be a place for bipartisan cooperation and is one that aligns with the president’s promises to his base to restore jobs to the “forgotten man.” But all of that is apparently not enough of a priority for the administration to bother with it.
https://theintercept.com/2018/01/02/don ... ve-orders/
Deep State slow-rolling The Donald
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 10837
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:33 pm

It's almost as if governing is hard and you need complete staffed offices of competent people.

It is a little depressing that he will likely be seen as what happens when you put a "businessman" in a governmental executive role, even though he isn't really that.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:17 am

nafod wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 pm
Turdacious wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm
The Trump administration has either failed to complete or is keeping from the public more than half of the reports that President Donald Trump assigned to the administration through his early and prolific use of the executive order. Of the reports it did complete, many were turned in well past the assigned due date and only “complete” in the sense that they consist of words on paper.

In his first year in office, Trump ordered 95 separate reports, performance reviews, instructions, or other activities to be carried out by executive branch agencies. The Intercept has been reviewing these orders for the last year. We found that 48 of the 95 actions were completed, in many cases after the due date stipulated in the order. Federal agencies have yet to complete another 20. In 27 cases, the agency was unresponsive to our requests for information [...] The administration’s track record also reinforces the incredible secrecy within the Trump government. Only 19 of the 48 completed reports were publicly released [...]

For example, in April, the president signed an executive order on “Buy American and Hire American” rules for the federal government. It laid out a series of steps for executive agencies to prioritize American products and materials in federal procurement, as well as to step up enforcement of “Buy American” laws within their jurisdictions.

The policy is central to fulfilling Trump’s “America First” agenda. The secretary of Commerce and the Office of Management and Budget were to collate reports from agency heads on compliance, as well as assess the impacts of trade agreements on “Buy American” laws. And by November 24, the Commerce Department was to submit a final report, with recommendations on strengthening those laws so that the campaign promise could become reality.

The agency has not confirmed its completion of any of those reports. It took a Democrat, Wisconsin Sen. Tammy Baldwin, to write the White House asking for the final report on December 12, 18 days after it was due. “I understand that the report is not finished and I am writing to urge your Administration to expedite the publication of this now late report,” she wrote. The Intercept asked the Commerce Department whether the preliminary reports were completed; the agency did not respond.

Trump’s “Buy American” plan could theoretically be a place for bipartisan cooperation and is one that aligns with the president’s promises to his base to restore jobs to the “forgotten man.” But all of that is apparently not enough of a priority for the administration to bother with it.
https://theintercept.com/2018/01/02/don ... ve-orders/
Deep State slow-rolling The Donald
12 of 22 positions in the Dept of Commerce are still unfilled, including both deputy secretary positions and the CFO. The secretary is older than most Senators.
In the Executive Office of the President, the two deputy director of OMB positions are unfilled, as is the Comptroller for Financial Management and the Administrator for Procurement Policy. OMB director Mulvaney is currently serving double duty as acting head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (which also lacks a nominee).
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 8835ee00de

On this one, it ain't the Deep State.

The one I find interesting is that none of the nominees for OPM have been confirmed. One of the few things I'd think that Republicans are agreeing on at this point is the need for civil service reform-- little hard to do without staffing that agency.
Last edited by Turdacious on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 am

Et tu Rupert?
On December 14, a high-level delegation from Silicon Valley came to Trump Tower to meet him. Later that afternoon, according to a source privy to details of the conversation, Trump called Rupert Murdoch, who asked him how the meeting had gone.

“Oh, great, just great,” said Trump. “These guys really need my help. Obama was not very favorable to them, too much regulation. This is really an opportunity for me to help them.”

“Donald,” said Murdoch, “for eight years these guys had Obama in their pocket. They practically ran the administration. They don’t need your help.”

“Take this H-1B visa issue. They really need these H-1B visas.”

Murdoch suggested that taking a liberal approach to H-1B visas, which open America’s doors to select immigrants, might be hard to square with his promises to build a wall and close the borders. But Trump seemed unconcerned, assuring Murdoch, “We’ll figure it out.”

“What a fucking idiot,” said Murdoch, shrugging, as he got off the phone.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... _medium=s1
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:29 am

From the start, the leitmotif for Trump about his own campaign was how crappy it was, and how everybody involved in it was a loser. In August, when he was trailing Hillary Clinton by more than 12 points, he couldn’t conjure even a far-fetched scenario for achieving an electoral victory. He was baffled when the right-wing billionaire Robert Mercer, a Ted Cruz backer whom Trump barely knew, offered him an infusion of $5 million. When Mercer and his daughter Rebekah presented their plan to take over the campaign and install their lieutenants, Steve Bannon and Conway, Trump didn’t resist. He only expressed vast incomprehension about why anyone would want to do that. “This thing,” he told the Mercers, “is so fucked up.”

Bannon, who became chief executive of Trump’s team in mid-August, called it “the broke-dick campaign.”
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... trump.html
This is more of an indictment of Hillary than Trump. Sad!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Moar from the 'there's no such thing as off-the-record' chronicles.
There are definitely parts of Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury" that are wrong, sloppy, or betray off-the-record confidence. But there are two things he gets absolutely right, even in the eyes of White House officials who think some of the book's scenes are fiction: his spot-on portrait of Trump as an emotionally erratic president, and the low opinion of him among some of those serving him.

Why it matters: Wolff captures the contempt some Trump aides have for the president and his family. Axios' Jonathan Swan notes that this includes people you see trumpeting their loyalty to him.

So Wolff's liberties with off-the-record comments — while ethically unacceptable to nearly all reporters — have the effect of exposing Washington's insider jokes and secret languages, which normal Americans find perplexing and detestable.
https://www.axios.com/the-wolff-lines-o ... 75021.html
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by JimZipCode » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Turdacious wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:29 am
This is more of an indictment of Hillary than Trump. Sad!
She's a terrible candidate.

Still more an indictment of the dupes who voted for him, than of anyone else.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

User avatar
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8034
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 am
Location: Deep in a well

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by DrDonkeyLove » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Black unemployment rate lowest in 45 years here.

Would the same be true if the other money grubbing monomaniacal pathologically lying Russian involved candidate won?

Maybe.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11483
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by nafod » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:14 pm

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 pm
Black unemployment rate lowest in 45 years here.

Would the same be true if the other money grubbing monomaniacal pathologically lying Russian involved candidate won?

Maybe.
Looks like a trend that was established in the last Presidency, to be honest about it.

Image
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:22 pm

nafod wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:14 pm
DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 pm
Black unemployment rate lowest in 45 years here.

Would the same be true if the other money grubbing monomaniacal pathologically lying Russian involved candidate won?

Maybe.
Looks like a trend that was established in the last Presidency, to be honest about it.

Image
The heavy lifting was done prior to that.
https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/main/timeline
And the black labor market participation rate is still problematic.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6631
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: The Rockies

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by buckethead » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:11 am

CFD61BCB-FDBC-4A25-A9BD-0C6CC08AE1DF.png
CFD61BCB-FDBC-4A25-A9BD-0C6CC08AE1DF.png (472.02 KiB) Viewed 1871 times

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 am

Is that look 'I don't understand' or 'What the fuck is wrong with you people?'
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11483
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by nafod » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:05 pm

That's not how Trump normally does a circle jerk
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by Turdacious » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:02 am

Image
Completely unfair to imply that Donald is after Barry's sloppy seconds.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by dead man walking » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 pm

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:43 pm
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 pm
Sangoma wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:04 pm
The majority of Americans approved him....
This is what is wrong with this country right here. 6 words of complete bullshit that is so easily checked an 8-year old could Google it.

220,000,000+Americans over the age of 18.
62,980,160 Americans voted for Donald Trump

62,980,160 / 220,000,000 = .2863

Less than 29% of voting eligible Americans "approved" of Donald Trump enough to vote for him.
How about the majority of actual voters outside of the Progressive urban coastal enclaves?
Image
you will find a more revealing map of election results here:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... n-map-xkcd
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

JimZipCode
Top
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by JimZipCode » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:24 am

dead man walking wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 pm
you will find a more revealing map of election results here:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... n-map-xkcd
From the link:

Image

The twitter thread has a mildly interesting discussion on data visualization, with yet another map offered.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11483
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by nafod » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:30 pm

If Very Stable Genius doesn't become a part of the lexicon, I will be yuugely disappointed

#TheNotoriousVSG
Don’t believe everything you think.

Post Reply