GB vs GMB

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

User avatar
baffled
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8627
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by baffled » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:26 am

I think the GB stuff is better, but if you were going to do all 3 series, you'd need to find 3 more 45-minute sessions per week.

It seems like it's always easier to find 15-20 minutes per day than it is to find an extra 45 minute block of uninterrupted time.
Whoever would overthrow the Liberty of a Nation, must begin by subduing the Freeness of Speech
- Benjamin Franklin
Image

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 pm

_
Last edited by Wild Bill on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2710
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by bennyonesix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Bill, your channel is great. Impressive.

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6674
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Sangoma » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Красавец!
Image

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 pm

thanks :)

User avatar
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6674
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Sangoma » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Bill, what program is it, GB or GMB?
Image

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Sangoma wrote:Bill, what program is it, GB or GMB?
GMB parallettes-1.

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 am

So.
I did "GMB Parallettes 1" completely. Was able to do full flow in the end.
Did "GMB Rings 1" completely, but still coud not do full flow in the end because could not do muscle up, GMB Rings1 wasn't enough for that.
Then started "GMB Parallettes 2". Did not end it because Spring began and i want to use it for rings. But still i very like it. I learned pressup to handstand and some more movements. Will continue it at Fall.
Now i start "GMB Rings 2", still on prep phase. Hope this time i will do muscleup, because now my pullin little better, i did GymnasticBodies pullup progressions during Parallettes2 training.

User avatar
Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 22022
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: The Pale Blue Dot

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Mickey O'neil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm

I'm going to start GMB Elements in a week or so. I still like the GB Foundations program, but I wanted to do something geared more towards mobility and movement.

User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1761
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by SubClaw » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Mickey O'neil wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm
I'm going to start GMB Elements in a week or so. I still like the GB Foundations program, but I wanted to do something geared more towards mobility and movement.
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing! So I guess I'll let you become my guinea pig and wait for your review of the program.

Basically, I'm looking for a "more structured" Original Strength program, and Elements seems to be a perfect fit.

User avatar
Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 22022
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: The Pale Blue Dot

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Mickey O'neil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Sounds good. It may be a week or so before I begin it. I just finished up Rob Shaul's Big Mountain Training Plan so I am going to take some time and just do yoga and mountain biking.
SubClaw wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm
Mickey O'neil wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm
I'm going to start GMB Elements in a week or so. I still like the GB Foundations program, but I wanted to do something geared more towards mobility and movement.
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing! So I guess I'll let you become my guinea pig and wait for your review of the program.

Basically, I'm looking for a "more structured" Original Strength program, and Elements seems to be a perfect fit.

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Is free handstand one of requirements or one of the goals of GMB Elements?

User avatar
terra
Top
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by terra » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 am

TomFurman wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 pm
...you find out that people who are non gymnasts and try to get past certain points get stuck forever...
Average male gymnast = Age 20-26, devoted to strict training since age 4, Height 5'-6, Weight 120-140lb, Bodyfat 5-12%. Tuned for high flexibility and explosiveness.

Average male IGx = Age 45-55, devoted to strict training since last nights beer and pizza, Height 5'-10 if not slouching, Weight 190lb allegedly, bodyfat 23% *cough*. Tuned to the sports channel.

...go figure.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:32 am

terra wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 am
TomFurman wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 pm
...you find out that people who are non gymnasts and try to get past certain points get stuck forever...
Average male gymnast = Age 20-26, devoted to strict training since age 4, Height 5'-6, Weight 120-140lb, Bodyfat 5-12%. Tuned for high flexibility and explosiveness.

Average male IGx = Age 45-55, devoted to strict training since last nights beer and pizza, Height 5'-10 if not slouching, Weight 190lb allegedly, bodyfat 23% *cough*. Tuned to the sports channel.

...go figure.
But still some tricks are achievable.
for example i always dreamed to do handstand, and never could do it.
With this book https://www.amazon.com/15-Second-Handst ... 0692232605 i did first ten seconds free handstand in two month.
There simple enough system, you must train handstand everyday about 5-10min. Easy prgression. When i started i was able only with wall support about 10 seconds.
http://chrissalvato.com/15-second-hands ... ers-guide/

download link
https://vk.com/doc-105347367_439806854

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 38152
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 pm

GMB is by far the better path for most grown ups. GB is geared to people who want focused gymnastics training without a coach, but who have access to a complete gymnasium equipped with stall bars, mats, etc.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 pm

GMB Parallettes 2. Last achievement.
https://vk.com/videos310339566?z=video3 ... 0339566_-2

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 38152
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 鬼ヶ島

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Wild Bill wrote: GMB Parallettes 2. Last achievement.
https://vk.com/videos310339566?z=video3 ... 0339566_-2
=D> =D> =D> Check you out badass.
Image
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks!

User avatar
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5597
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Bram » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:01 am

Damn Bill, nice work!
"Therefore, the sage does not fail in anything since he does nothing; Does not lose anything since he holds nothing. Therefore, the sage's desire is to have no desire." - Lao Tzu

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks!
Still very hard for me. Its just two successfull attempts, but attemprs when I lost balance was much more :)

User avatar
Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 22022
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: The Pale Blue Dot

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Mickey O'neil » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 pm

I agree with this statement, although I am really enamored with GB and would love to focus on it at some point when I have the time for the workouts (they can get quite lengthy) and get access to stall bars and some of the other equipment.
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 pm
GMB is by far the better path for most grown ups. GB is geared to people who want focused gymnastics training without a coach, but who have access to a complete gymnasium equipped with stall bars, mats, etc.

User avatar
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Wild Bill » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 am

Can't resist, want to brag about GMB Parallettes-2 progress :)


User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1761
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by SubClaw » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 am

Mickey O'neil wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 pm
I agree with this statement, although I am really enamored with GB and would love to focus on it at some point when I have the time for the workouts (they can get quite lengthy) and get access to stall bars and some of the other equipment.
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 pm
GMB is by far the better path for most grown ups. GB is geared to people who want focused gymnastics training without a coach, but who have access to a complete gymnasium equipped with stall bars, mats, etc.
We’re still waiting for that GMB Elements review.

User avatar
Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 22022
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: The Pale Blue Dot

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Mickey O'neil » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 am

SubClaw wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 am
Mickey O'neil wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 pm
I agree with this statement, although I am really enamored with GB and would love to focus on it at some point when I have the time for the workouts (they can get quite lengthy) and get access to stall bars and some of the other equipment.
Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 pm
GMB is by far the better path for most grown ups. GB is geared to people who want focused gymnastics training without a coach, but who have access to a complete gymnasium equipped with stall bars, mats, etc.
We’re still waiting for that GMB Elements review.
I promise I'm going to do it! Hahaha! Then the review!

User avatar
Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5597
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Re: GB vs GMB

Post by Bram » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 am
Can't resist, want to brag about GMB Parallettes-2 progress :)

Fuck Bill, nice work! =D> =D>
"Therefore, the sage does not fail in anything since he does nothing; Does not lose anything since he holds nothing. Therefore, the sage's desire is to have no desire." - Lao Tzu

Post Reply