Justice League

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Justice League

Post by syaigh »

I don't know why it got bad reviews mainly cause I don't follow any of these comic movies, as a stand alone, it was awesome.

To rebut the bad reviews:
The Amazons were still mostly clothed, a few were ab-fabulous, but their part in the movie was like 10 minutes tops and most of them were in the old costumes.
Cyborg was plenty developed. He actually developed as a character in this movie and we will look forward to learning more about him.
Aqua-man didn't do a lot, but he didn't need to. He's pretty.
Yeah, there were gratuitous bottom shots of Wonder Woman, but heck there were gratuitous butt and ab shots of all of them. I'd say superman was pimped out the most.
I have no idea what people are talking about with the CGI mustache. I saw it on IMAX and I didn't see anything weird.
Wonder Woman was still a total badass.
The Flash was hilarious. Not all the time intentionally, but a great character.

It was funny, not a drag, not boring, not uncomfortable, and just damn good entertainment. Take your kids, take your wife, but don't take any comic geeks, they will probably whine the whole time.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Justice League

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

It wasn’t as bad as advertised. It has the disadvantage of being up against really good recent Marvel stuff, and is bad by comparison.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Took my 12 y.o. daughter and 10 y.o. son to see it Saturday. We all enjoyed it. Going to see Thor next weekend, which I heard was fantastic.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Mickey O'neil wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pmGoing to see Thor next weekend, which I heard was fantastic.
Thor is SUPER enjoyable. Hilarious when it's supposed to be, good action and a ton of plot.

Took our 8yo to it, he really enjoyed it. We did too. Maybe more purely fun than any of the other superhero movies. Not better than Wonder Woman or Iron Man 1, but straight fun.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

That sounds great!
JimZipCode wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 am
Mickey O'neil wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pmGoing to see Thor next weekend, which I heard was fantastic.
Thor is SUPER enjoyable. Hilarious when it's supposed to be, good action and a ton of plot.

Took our 8yo to it, he really enjoyed it. We did too. Maybe more purely fun than any of the other superhero movies. Not better than Wonder Woman or Iron Man 1, but straight fun.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Thor Ragnorak is fantastic.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Finally saw it. Meh.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”

j-cubed
Gunny

Post by j-cubed »

I really liked it, and I thought they finally made Superman, Superman. His character was finally the Super Boy Scout of the comics.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Pretty good, way better than BvS. CGI was ok, in spite of critics saying it was terrible. My main complaint is the simple plot. Very straightforward, no twists. Relieved to see they dont use Darkseid and are building up to him. Flash is very CW influenced, not comic book Barry, but has potential. I don't know why the professional critics ripped on it so much. From what i hear, an extended cut could be something to look forward to as there is apparently a lot of unused footage.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

How, in these massive firefights, has no one ever shot Wonderbitch in the back of the skull?
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

tough old man wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:09 pmHow, in these massive firefights, has no one ever shot Wonderbitch in the back of the skull?
Might not do much. They established in her movie that she's super-resilient or something.

Anyway, she's supposed to be super-fast too.

Topic author
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

JimZipCode wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:38 am
tough old man wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:09 pmHow, in these massive firefights, has no one ever shot Wonderbitch in the back of the skull?
Might not do much. They established in her movie that she's super-resilient or something.

Anyway, she's supposed to be super-fast too.
She's a goddess.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I sat through her damn movie. Shes an Amazon princess. And a lot of them died when the Japanese pilot started shooting. Same gene pool.

Topic author
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

tough old man wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:38 am I sat through her damn movie. Shes an Amazon princess. And a lot of them died when the Japanese pilot started shooting. Same gene pool.
Then you weren't paying attention. Diana is Zeus's daughter and Ares' half sister.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Still made for an awful movie

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

tough old man wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:52 pm Still made for an awful movie

You don't mean that.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7imYeuAfkg[/youtube]

Not embedding correctly but worth a click. The song is found at the end of the movie. Song+Gal Gadot=Worth it
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party