Putin pinky-swears he didn't do it

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Putin pinky-swears he didn't do it

Post by nafod »

President Trump stood next to President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia on Monday and publicly challenged the conclusion of his own intelligence agencies that Moscow interfered in the 2016 presidential election, wrapping up what he called a “deeply productive” summit meeting with an extraordinary show of trust for a leader accused of attacking American democracy.

“They said they think it’s Russia; I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia,” Mr. Trump said, only moments after the Russian president conceded that he had favored Mr. Trump in the election because of his promises of warmer relations with Moscow.

“I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be” Russia that was responsible for the election hacking, Mr. Trump added. “I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”
Fuck
Don’t believe everything you think.

JimZipCode

Re: Putin pinky-swears he didn't do it

Post by JimZipCode »

Well, that settles that.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

A surprising number of times Trump has come out of a situation looking better than I expected. This was not one of those times.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

At least he spoke from the heart

Anybody tired of winning yet?

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Trump meets with Putin, says some shit afterwards, the public goes bananas... and more likely than not misses something way more important that happened during the meeting.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

he just said it’s not Russia
So?
What else do you need??? :)))

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Where is Space Force when you need it.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Sangoma wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 am Trump meets with Putin, says some shit afterwards, the public goes bananas... and more likely than not misses something way more important that happened during the meeting.
Russian MoD says in statement that it's ready to implement agreement on international security Putin and Trump reached in Helsinki.

Russian MoD says it's "ready to activate contacts with US colleagues via general staffs and other existing communication channels to discuss extending Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, cooperation in Syria, other current issues of ensuring military security."
LOL, what fucking agreement? Ukraine for help in Syria?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Schlegel wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm A surprising number of times Trump has come out of a situation looking better than I expected. This was not one of those times.
Word
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I wonder what Trump and Putin talked about for the two hours where no one was with them.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:43 pm I wonder what Trump and Putin talked about for the two hours where no one was with them.
I think Putin at last revealed to Trump why he did chose him above Clinton.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Wild Bill wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:41 am
nafod wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:43 pm I wonder what Trump and Putin talked about for the two hours where no one was with them.
I think Putin at last revealed to Trump why he did chose him above Clinton.
*snicker
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Well if Poutine swears he didn't do it and promises not to do it again...
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Mitt Romney proclaimed the Russians as our greatest geopolitical threat, and every liberal in the nation lined up to suck Obama's dick when he refuted this fact in typical juvenile fashion during a live debate.

Now every liberal in the nation is lining up to proclaim the Russians as our greatest geopolitical threat, along with every boot licking RINO in the deep state.

Turns out, they are all wrong. Anyone with a sense of history, or grasp of current world events, knows that our true enemy is those goddamned yellow Chinese bastards. It's always been those small dicked, buck toothed, jibber jabbering, foot binding, silk wearing, firecracker manufacturing, copyright stealing, laundry ticket demanding, kung fu fighting rice niggers. I'd compare them to yeast, but you can get a lot of good things out of yeast.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

To be frank, Russia is the Cuba of the modern age; a backwards non-contender that punches above its weight. The greatest geopolitical threat to the United States is China and that's a fact.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Only one country tried to hack my employer multiple times.

Yep. China.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Trump normalizing treason. Don't overlook the enemy within.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Thud wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:05 am Trump normalizing treason. Don't overlook the enemy within.
I reacted badly to people throwing the word treason around. My definition was basically this one, from Merriam-Webster:

"the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family."

Now, from any angle, Trump did not try to overthrow the government or kill himself...so no treason. BUT, then the second definition they provide:

"the betrayal of a trust"

...seems to fit pretty well. So, maybe? What do you all think? I never liked Trump, but I don't hate him and I've seen people get pretty deranged about him. Was what he said treasonous?

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 am"the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family."

Now, from any angle, Trump did not try to overthrow the government or kill himself...
The president of the US is not a sovereign.

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 amSo, maybe? What do you all think? I never liked Trump, but I don't hate him and I've seen people get pretty deranged about him. Was what he said treasonous?
I mean, listen to where we are. Did he commit treason, or just come close to committing treason? Did he commit actual treason, or just do something that very nearly constitutes treason? This is what we're talking about. Fuck.

He certainly betrayed principles that undergird our government. So possibly "treasonous" in that sense. But I don't think he committed actual actionable "treason", in the criminal and prosecutorial senses of the word. However that's a REALLY high bar. Wikipedia shows only a dozen people ever convicted of treason in the US, the last one in 1952. I'm saying, actual treason shouldn't be the standard. "Oh it wasn't treason, so that's not so bad." No.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Russia has kompromat on Trump. That’s how they punch above their weight.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:13 am That’s how they punch above their weight.
What punches you are talking about? Crimea? Syria?
Those punches were made during Obama presidency.
And what "kompromat" they could have? Video of golden shower? It can spoil Trump's reputation?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years
Underestimating Russia— not a new thing. Now about those sneaky Montenegrins...
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Wild Bill wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 am
nafod wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:13 am That’s how they punch above their weight.
What punches you are talking about? Crimea? Syria?
Those punches were made during Obama presidency.
And what "kompromat" they could have? Video of golden shower? It can spoil Trump's reputation?
Bill, that's a common phrase in English. It's a reference to a light boxer who can punch like a heavyweight. Russia is geographically large and has a powerful military, but in terms of population and economy it's a lightweight.

Russia's population is 144 million and its GDP is $1,577.52 billion in 2017.
China's population is 1.388 billion and its GDP is $12,237.70 billion in 2017.

I'm not insulting Russia by the way, just stating facts.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:44 pmBill, that's a common phrase in English. It's a reference to a light boxer who can punch like a heavyweight.
I understood.
Here little misunderstanding because quote mechanism is bad.
I quoted Nafod.
He said "Russia has kompromat on Trump. That’s how they punch above their weight."
So i understand that he implies that Russia "have courage" to do some "punches" because she (or it) have "kompromat" on Trump.
I just reminded that those "punches" were made before Trump, so kompromat is useles, even if exists.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 am
Thud wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:05 am Trump normalizing treason. Don't overlook the enemy within.
I reacted badly to people throwing the word treason around. My definition was basically this one, from Merriam-Webster:

"the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family."

Now, from any angle, Trump did not try to overthrow the government or kill himself...so no treason. BUT, then the second definition they provide:

"the betrayal of a trust"

...seems to fit pretty well. So, maybe? What do you all think? I never liked Trump, but I don't hate him and I've seen people get pretty deranged about him. Was what he said treasonous?
CatManDo, you gotta big picture this.

Anti Nato; anti EU; anti CanaFuckingDa; Kim Jung is "honorable"; Putin is "fine"; his campaign manager is under arrest for being a Russian/Ukrainian agent; Roger Stone (his mentor) is soon to be the same; Flynn is cooperating because, ya know, lies about Russia; Son in law setting up back channel with Russian embassy (coudn't even get a security clearance after that); Tillerson was handpicked by Russia; (could go on forever about Russia...); Put himself 2 hours alone (why?) in a room with his KGB puppet-master - the puppet-master some have called the most powerful man in the world; at war with his justice department for not obstructing justice; at war with his FBI for investigating his and his campaign's crimes; at war with his intelligence community for knowing he's a Russian stooge/patsy/asset; fomenting rage in the streets with policies unacceptable to large swaths of mainstream Americans (separating kids from families with no plan on reunification, no limits on guns so that inner cities can do themselves in and white men can assassinate kids without limits, overturn Roe V Wade, both sides are "very fine people" in white supremacist rallies, etc); having people with no experience head departments with the intent of rendering said agencies useless or harmful (Rick Perry, Ben Carson, Scott Pruitt); letting the EPA dismantle environmental controls so that carcinogens, pesticides, herbicides, etc, can be put into foods (baby formula, etc) and the environment without recourse...

These are a few things off the top of my head on my way out the door. The point, if not yet obvious, is these are all things that Russia would/did script to destabilize America and it's western alliance. Make us fight with our allies, embrace our enemies, cause eventual rebellions in the streets, pitting red brother against blue brother. It's all been going like clockwork, and it's just heating up.
Last edited by Thud on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.