IGx libs: which old white broad do you support?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Who gets the 2020 nomination

Hillary
No votes
Pelosi
No votes
Feinstein
No votes
Sanders
No votes
Warren
No votes
Biden
100%

Total votes: 2

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

IGx libs: which old white broad do you support?

Post by Turdacious »

2020 is coming quick.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: IGx libs: which old white broad do you support?

Post by nafod »

Kamala Harris

One thing Trump has taught me is that any moron can do the job, and I guess that is a good thing?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

The mean age of that crew is a tad high.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

One thing for sure is that the name the Democratic Party needs is not on that list.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

$10 says it is President Kamala Harris in 2020, unless future president Nikki Haley primaries Trump right in his tiny nuts and runs in the general. Then it will be a toss up.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

My wife pays attention, and there's a few guys she likes for the job, but I don't remember them off the top. One of them is in Colorado, maybe Michael Bennett?

I thought last cycle that Corey Booker was someone to keep an eye on.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:32 pm $10 says it is President Kamala Harris in 2020, unless future president Nikki Haley primaries Trump right in his tiny nuts and runs in the general. Then it will be a toss up.

This is what I think of when people say Kamala.

Anyhow.

If the election was held today, I think Trump would beat either Harris or Haley. That said, the guy is crazy and 2020 is a long time away in Trump-years; anything could happen in the interim.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

What I can't understand is why the Democrats don't lead with a centrist, non-Looney Tunes personality of the Harry Truman variety?

A plain talking personality who focused on inclusiveness as opposed to atomizing the electorate via identity-politicking and improving the lives of all Americans would go pretty far in this day and age.

I think there are very large swathes of the population who would flock to a roll up your sleeves advocate for middle of the road policies that benefit everyone.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 pm What I can't understand is why the Democrats don't lead with a centrist, non-Looney Tunes personality of the Harry Truman variety?

A plain talking personality who focused on inclusiveness as opposed to atomizing the electorate via identity-politicking and improving the lives of all Americans would go pretty far in this day and age.

I think there are very large swathes of the population who would flock to a roll up your sleeves advocate for middle of the road policies that benefit everyone.
We're in this "excite your base" mode of electoral politics, where it is all about voter turnout, it seems. I hope for someone to make a change there.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 pm What I can't understand is why the Democrats don't lead with a centrist, non-Looney Tunes personality of the Harry Truman variety?

You are goddamned right about that. But, we are clearly too retarded to lead ourselves.

Likewise, I could say the same about the Republicans. I think most of us would vote for a sane, non-fucking-bat-shit-crazy-radical-of-either-party.

#shapechargeforpresident
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 pmWhat I can't understand is why the Democrats don't lead with a centrist, non-Looney Tunes personality of the Harry Truman variety?

That was Hillary. :happiness:
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Jim Webb wasn't left enough to win the primaries.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"