Jews for Jesus

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Jews for Jesus

Post by nafod »

Pretty ballsy of Pence to pick the one Rabbi in the whole country who believes the rest of the Jews who don’t believe in Jesus are excluded from heaven, which would include those killed in the massacre, to give a prayer for those killed in the massacre.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Jews for Jesus

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Jews for Jesus is an evangelical scam.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Pence is the finest life insurance policy any president could buy.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:27 pm Jews for Jesus is an evangelical scam.
Just like any other religious movement...womp, womp, womp.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

...a spokeswoman for the religious group said the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations stripped Jacobs of his rabbinic ordination “after our judicial board found him guilty of libel.”
Guy couldn’t even do messianic Jew right.

Pence got a fake messianic Jew to give the prayer to the victims in Pittsburgh. It boggles the mind.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:27 pm Jews for Jesus is an evangelical scam.
Not much one for religious tolerance, are you Spells? Kind of a strange time to be so openly anti-Semitic, though.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:30 am
Not much one for religious tolerance, are you Spells? Kind of a strange time to be so openly anti-Semitic, though.
Jews for Jesus was an idea from an evangelical whose name I forget that many US Jews were culturally Jewish. but not deeply religious. He thought this might make them good candidates for conversion to evangelicalism if Jewish terms were sufficiently aped.

This doesn’t work, because when you tell a Jewish person “hey Jewish too, I’m just a Jew who thinks Jesus was the messiah,” they don’t need a theology degree to be pretty sure they’re talking to a Christian.

You used to see their ads on vehicles around Skokie, but it mostly offends Jews and I’m pretty sure they just survive on that Jesus, Inc. money that flows into conversion efforts.

Digging one of them up to talk about an attack on religious Jews is sort of horrible.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

vern

Post by vern »

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I guess Louis Farrakhan was busy that day

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:50 am
Jews for Jesus was an idea from an evangelical whose name I forget that many US Jews were culturally Jewish. but not deeply religious. He thought this might make them good candidates for conversion to evangelicalism if Jewish terms were sufficiently aped.

This doesn’t work, because when you tell a Jewish person “hey Jewish too, I’m just a Jew who thinks Jesus was the messiah,” they don’t need a theology degree to be pretty sure they’re talking to a Christian.

You used to see their ads on vehicles around Skokie, but it mostly offends Jews and I’m pretty sure they just survive on that Jesus, Inc. money that flows into conversion efforts.

Digging one of them up to talk about an attack on religious Jews is sort of horrible.
I see. So, if a Jew converts to Christianity, do they stop being Jewish?

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:46 pmI see. So, if a Jew converts to Christianity, do they stop being Jewish?
Yes. "Jewish" is a religion, right?

To the same extent that "Christian" is, anyway.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:50 am

That area of Chicago suburbs has always been a birthplace of horrible ideas-- like Prohibition.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:27 pm Jews for Jesus was an idea from an evangelical whose name I forget that many US Jews were culturally Jewish. but not deeply religious. He thought this might make them good candidates for conversion to evangelicalism if Jewish terms were sufficiently aped.

A Jew who affirms the divinity of Jesus cannot be Jewish. A "Jew" who denies the divinity of God cannot be a Jew either. The term Secular Jew comes to mind, or in some cases a "cultural Jew".
Don't like yourself too much.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

JimZipCode wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:12 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:46 pmI see. So, if a Jew converts to Christianity, do they stop being Jewish?

So...Jewish is not an ethnicity?

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:11 pmSo...Jewish is not an ethnicity?
Fuck if I know.

I learned about a minute ago that the question is, uh, multifaceted:

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:11 pm
JimZipCode wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:12 pm

So...Jewish is not an ethnicity?

Ja
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

[youtube] http://youtu.be/APMu32sC2nM [/youtube]

Tried all the tricks to try to embed this on this mutherfukkin broke dick forum...

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Thud wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:12 pm

Tried all the tricks to try to embed this on this mutherfukkin broke dick forum...
No surprise that black Jesus doesn't work. [-X

You should have tried praying to white Jesus. Maybe you would have gotten somewhere.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

How'd you do that?

Jesus couldn't even save his own black ass. If he knew anything about white people he'd have told his African brothas to start sharpening their spears.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Thud, you have to have the original link and then put spaces between the brackets and the link. Hit "quote" on my post to see how it looks.