Report errors here

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

JimZipCode

Re: Report errors here

Post by JimZipCode »

JimZipCode wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:04 amI don't have permission to access /phpBB2/posting.php on this server, when posting in my training log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

EDIT: Also same error when posting a reply to a thread I just created in the Training Forum. Odd, I was able to post one reply, but not a second one.
Briefly seemed fixed. I was able to add two posts to my training log, and one to the new thread in the Training Forum. Then the error struck again.

What causes this?
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

JimZipCode wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:04 am Also same error when posting a reply to a thread I just created in the Training Forum.
Still. Same error when I try to reply to the "gym hacks" thread.

My own training journal seems to be ok for now. Posted a couple things there this week.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I think you know. Site spazzed for 3 days.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

And even after the crash / reboot / whatever than went on the past few days, I still can't post in the "Gym Hacks" thread I started.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

JimZipCode wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 pm And even after the crash / reboot / whatever than went on the past few days, I still can't post in the "Gym Hacks" thread I started.
Jim, I tried a test post and was able to post in your thread so definitely something squirrely is up.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:40 pmJim, I tried a test post and was able to post in your thread so definitely something squirrely is up.
Alright, so this is weird. I was able to reply to one post in that thread, and post something else in that thread. But the same post I was trying to make a bunch of times, STILL threw the permission error.

So then I rephrased that post – and it took!

viewtopic.php?p=880006#p880006

So, what the fuck?

Is there a duplicate-post detector, which will reject the same text if it sees it multiple times? Even in THIS post, if I paste in the original text that I kept trying to post before, I get that permission error when I Preview. But it takes without that text. Is it possible I have some weird kind of special control character embedded in the text file on my computer, where I saved the post I had been trying to make??

How weird. Anyway, I seem to be back in business.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Had to log-in 7 times to edit a single post in my training log.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You know what I like about this thread are all the detailed responses we get from Marioux.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Bram wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:23 pm Had to log-in 7 times to edit a single post in my training log.
I’m ok using my iPad or phone, and sometimes the home computer. I’ve given up using the work computer. Seems like a network/ cookie thing?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

nafod wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 am
Bram wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:23 pm Had to log-in 7 times to edit a single post in my training log.
I’m ok using my iPad or phone, and sometimes the home computer. I’ve given up using the work computer. Seems like a network/ cookie thing?
I have firefox, google chrome and explorer on my work computers - sometimes one of them won't work. Definitely easiest to type on a computer with my long-winded training log....but my phone is a good option. Thanks for the suggestion Nafod :)
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:38 pm I think you know. Site spazzed for 3 days.

Yet again, for about 36 hours.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Won't let me post on my Training Log.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Private message doesn't get sent. Stays in the outbox. Am I missing something?

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Getting Forbidden error every time I try to post.

EDIT: It was only occurring when I tried to quote someone.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Sangoma wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 am Private message doesn't get sent. Stays in the outbox. Am I missing something?
Maybe timmah doesn't want unsolicited dick pics.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I am continually being logged out. Rejection hurts!

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Just wanted to say thanks for running the site and dealing with any errors and bullshit and fees and headaches, gracias!!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I too am grateful for all the work that Mario does. HOWEVER, this site has become almost unusable because of how slow it is and how frequently I get some kind of error message.

Please correct.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

1. Constant Gateway errors.

2. Site is unuseably slow.

3. Site constantly signs me out.

Currently, the juice is not worth the squeeze. If we are going to keep this place going, it has to function properly.

LenpynC

Report errors here

Post by LenpynC »

Theres just a few of us here, but rather than PMing each other when specific problems come up, lets have a public place to post them and compare notes.

Im getting logged off periodically, I thought it was just while I was in the admin sections, but that may be because I was spending most of my time there. I just got logged off while deleting test threads.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

My personal messages get stuck in the Outbox. I wrote one yesterday, and it's still not showing as sent. What's up?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It doesn't appear as sent until the recipient opens it I think.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:33 pm It doesn't appear as sent until the recipient opens it I think.
Oh. Thanks.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

About 50% of the time I try to use this site it is either incredible slow or times out with an SQL error. Also, there are constantly between 50 and 150 "guests" on the site, which I have a hard time believing are people and not bots, given the relatively low participation on this board. Together, it makes it impossible for me to use with increasing frequency.

EDIT: To illustrate, our highest visitorship ever was 370 users on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:18 am, when fuck all was happening on the board. This is almost like a denial of service attack.

Topic author
Dux
Sgt. Major

Post by Dux »

The website has been updated, and more failsafe measures for handling traffic have been installed. Let me know what you make of it.
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt "