IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:19 pm

<

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19
 Post subject: Re: Zip It Up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 pm 

Very sore in glutes & hamstrings. Had trouble even walking up stairs yesterday evening! Very tight today. Stretched a little, early in the day, just to be able to move around. Related to Cleans??

Mon 11/26

Deadlift – 225# for 1x5
Split Squat – 30# for 1x5 ea side
DB Bench – [email protected]# for 1x6
Incl DB Row – [email protected]# for 1x5
Carry – suitcase 35#, up and down the hall
Calf Raise – +200# for 1x10 (+ tib pulls w/red band for 1x8 ea side)

Adductor machine was broke.

In deference to my soreness, I reduced weight in split squat. Grabbed two 15# DBs. Nice and manageable.

50# dumbbells very hard to handle in the bench! Came close to failing on the left side. Seems like I'm uneven in strength between the two sides.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 am 

No more workouts for me this week! We're traveling to Anchorage Alaska, Tuesday through Sunday night. Wife has family out there.

I tried to squeeze in one last pre-trip workout on Tuesday, esp the rotator cuff stuff. But with work in the morning and the travel prep, it was just too much. Will start up again next week.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 am 

No more workouts for me this week! We're traveling to Anchorage Alaska, Tuesday through Sunday night. Wife has family out there.

I tried to squeeze in one last pre-trip workout on Tuesday, esp the rotator cuff stuff. But with work in the morning and the travel prep, it was just too much. Will start up again next week.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 pm 

Quote:
Tuesday
Sitting on a plane for six hours, then layover in Seattle for like 5 hours, then sit on another plane for 3+ hours. Arrived in Anchorage at ~3:30am: which was 7:30am my time. Poor boy was zonked. We all got to sleep pretty quick.

Wednesday
Slept in til 11! Went sledding in the afternoon, in Kincaid Park. So beautiful.

Thursday
AM: the zoo. PM: more sledding, this time at Oceanview. View of the inlet, and a glorious sunset.

Friday
Earthquake! We had planned a day trip, but authorities said to "shelter in place". Sat around all day, played Scrabble, ate cookies. Later in the day made a grocery store run and stopped by the liquor store.

Saturday
Three hours on a plane to Seattle. Spent the night there: walked around downtown, had a nice dinner. The Steelhead Diner on Pine St by the market is fucking fabulous. Food was great: more impressive was how they treated us. They couldn't seat us right away (two big parties coming in); they went way out of their way to be super nice to us. I highly recommend: they seem to be really good people. And as I said, the food was great.

Sunday
Up at 5 to spend six-plus hours on a plane. Got home at a reasonable hour, like by 6p. Had a nice evening; a small buffer to ramp-up for the work week.

The 9yo was really great with all the logistics: plane rides, layovers, schlepping suitcases etc. Proud of him.

Last edited by JimZipCode on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 pm 

Sun 12/2

Deadlift – 225# for 1x5
Split Squat – 30# for 1X5 ea side
Bench – 125# for 1X5
Pull-ups – negative 5x1 (Twenty Pullups dotcom week "negative two")
DB side bend – 55# for 1X5 ea side

Shoulder stuff:
  • 7-Min Rotator Cuff Solution, level 7
  • Internal rotation L-curls – cable 20# for 2x10
  • Lying flyes – 15# for 2x10
  • Standing L-flyes – 7.5# for 2x10
  • Side-lying L-flyes – 7.5# for 2x10
  • Pec stretch – parallel for 1 @ 30 secs
  • Pec stretch – angled up for 1 @ 30 secs
  • Front delt / biceps stretch – 1 @ 30 secs
  • External rotators stretch – 1 @ 30 secs

I was anxious to get into the gym, even to do a light workout. Just wring out the muscles a little, after all that time cooped up on the plane. I rushed over after dinner, banged it out, came home, and we all passed out. I didn't even get all the lights turned off etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:22 pm 

Mon 12/3

Deadlift – 225# for 1x5
Split Squat – 35# for 1x5 ea side (two 17.5# DBs)
DB Bench – [email protected]# for 1X6
Incl DB Row – [email protected]# for 1x5
DB side bend – 60# for 1X5 ea side

Leg stuff for martial arts:
  • Leg ext – [email protected]# for 2x12
  • Calf Raise – +160# for 1x12 (+ tib pulls w/red band for 1x7 ea side)
  • Adduct/Abduct – 130# for 1x7

The dumbbell side bends feel like nothing. Like I could handle much more weight than I tried here. Will have to look into appropriate loading for this; or if I'm even doing them right.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:29 pm 

Tue 12/4

Karate class.
Co-taught kids, stayed for adults. Basic motion, forms, sparring. Run judged rings at the end of class.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm 

Wed 12/5

Deadlift – 225# for 1x5
Split Squat – 40# for 1x5 ea side (two 20# DBs)
DB Bench – [email protected]# for 1X6
Pull-ups – negative 5x1 (Twenty Pullups dotcom week "negative two")
DB side bend – 60# for 1X6 ea side

Quick and crisp, in & out.

Was very determined to go to Judo Wed night. The old, normal gym has re-opened so class is back in its usual location. Reiterated to my wife all day, how I was going to go to Judo. Paged back thru my log and discovered that I haven't been in THREE MONTHS! WTF. So: fired up to go.

Then I lay down on the couch after dinner,around 7:15 and, uh, that was that. Woke up at ~midnight to trudge upstairs to bed. FML.

Feels like I'm getting a cold: incipient sore throat, some congestion, weird feeling in head. Wife started to get a cough in Anchorage; boy seems to feel just like I do, and I heard him coughing a little overnight. So, maybe there's a reason I passed out like I did. Whatever: three months is too, too long.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19