IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:08 am

<

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2019 Goals
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Fat Cat mentioned that we didn't have one of these.

Mine are no video games and no drunk driving (no accidents, but I drove drunk last Saturday and felt like a huge asshole the next day).

Post subject: Re: 2019 Goals
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 am 
Jesus Christ®

One thing I have definitely implemented with success if I plan doing some serious drinking is to just take an Uber or Lyft. It makes everything so much less stressful, with the added plus that you don't have to pay for parking or stress at all. This only happens a few times a year, but it's a good policy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:43 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

1. Prepare for and compete in a figure competition, all in, no half assing it.
2. Masters worlds championships highland games, open division.
3. Ride more.
4. Continue to keep drinking to a minimum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:03 pm 

i'll bite.

Continue with my life change - fasted training, whole food consumption, Long duration fasted cardio every third day, basically train as hard as my body will let me - and continue with slimming down. Ultimate goal is to weigh 250.

Whatever happens after that is just gravy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:37 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Get jacked. Get tan.

2019 is all about A E S T H E T I C S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 am 
Sergeant Commanding

1. Stop eat sugar.
2. Muscleup with good form.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
One thing I have definitely implemented with success if I plan doing some serious drinking is to just take an Uber or Lyft. It makes everything so much less stressful, with the added plus that you don't have to pay for parking or stress at all. This only happens a few times a year, but it's a good policy.
I spoke with a friend about my resolution and he has six kids aged 15-22. He said none of his kids or their friends ever drank and drove. All of them just uber'ed/lyft'ed if there was drinking involved. It was standard policy and socially reinforced. Thanks for the good advice :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:26 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

As one of the more senior members here, I've incorporated Uber/Lyft into my routine when necessary and as Mak has already said, it really scales down the anxiety relative to driving, parking, consuming etc. One more? Sure, make it two fucker.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Continue to rage against the dying of the light. I have numbers to hit by 60. I am not going to hit them yet but I am going to continue to get closer.

I am stronger and leaner than this time last year. Just not as lean as before the holidays.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:16 pm 
Lifetime IGer

To follow Fat Cat...

1. Aesthetics - I'm pretty lean and cut now, but have let my diet slip. Need to get serious about getting riiiiiiiipped again.

2. Get serious about mobility, flexibility, and getting my joints healthy. My shoulders and knees bother me sometimes. After I cycle through Armor of War a few times (which I really like), I plan on finally starting GMB Elements. I would like to get serious about yoga at some point as well.

3. Need to figure out something about bumping up strength and maintaining it. Something like 2x weekly TBDL sessions?

4. And as usual, mountain bike as much as possible.

On the personal side, I really need to get serious about paying down my massive CC debt and saving money.

https://vimeo.com/72300807

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:51 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
On the personal side, I really need to get serious about paying down my massive CC debt and saving money.
How bad is it? I made the decision to live debt free and went hard to pay off my mortgage a few years back. I now carry zero debt of any kind and it feels like floating on a cloud of titties. I highly encourage you to do so if you are at all able.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:21 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Blue belt by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 am 
Lifetime IGer

Quote:
Quote:
How bad is it? I made the decision to live debt free and went hard to pay off my mortgage a few years back. I now carry zero debt of any kind and it feels like floating on a cloud of titties. I highly encourage you to do so if you are at all able.
Really bad. It's going to take several years of living really tight to pay everything down. When I got laid off back in 2009 we lived off CCs for 3 years. My wife was in nursing school and we had just had our son, the third child. It has just snowballed since then and we never recovered. We make pretty good money but the monthly payment on one particular CC is insane.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 am 
Lifetime IGer

double post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 am 
Lifetime IGer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the monthly payment on one particular CC is insane.
Consider a cc consolidation loan so you get the interest rates under control and get the high utilization off your credit report. If credit is an issue there are ways to get that up, but paying credit card interest rates is brutal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 am 
Sergeant Commanding

Mickey, if you own a house you can re-value it and borrow the difference between the current and original value, if such exists. Paying that amount at lower interest will be easier.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:13 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the monthly payment on one particular CC is insane.
Consider a cc consolidation loan so you get the interest rates under control and get the high utilization off your credit report. If credit is an issue there are ways to get that up, but paying credit card interest rates is brutal.
This is what I plan on doing. I am going to go to my Credit Union and get a low interest card and transfer my balance over from the main card that is killing us. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:14 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Quote:
Mickey, if you own a house you can re-value it and borrow the difference between the current and original value, if such exists. Paying that amount at lower interest will be easier.
I may look into this as well. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 pm 
Jesus Christ®

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Really bad. It's going to take several years of living really tight to pay everything down. When I got laid off back in 2009 we lived off CCs for 3 years. My wife was in nursing school and we had just had our son, the third child. It has just snowballed since then and we never recovered. We make pretty good money but the monthly payment on one particular CC is insane.
Kids are the one true wealth, so you're doing well. Pretty much what Spells said would be the way to go; I once dated a girl who got herself in a real hole with credit cards. She worked with a debt consolidation company, paid it down, and it all went pretty well. While I understand that Sangoma's approach has merit, I am a little leery of more elaborate schemes, but I suppose it really depends on just how much $$$ we are talking about.

Bottom line is it's a very worthwhile goal you've set for yourself and you're gonna feel great when it's done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:58 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Kids are the one true wealth, so you're doing well. Pretty much what Spells said would be the way to go; I once dated a girl who got herself in a real hole with credit cards. She worked with a debt consolidation company, paid it down, and it all went pretty well. While I understand that Sangoma's approach has merit, I am a little leery of more elaborate schemes, but I suppose it really depends on just how much $$$ we are talking about.

Bottom line is it's a very worthwhile goal you've set for yourself and you're gonna feel great when it's done.
Thanks, Mak!