Please explain

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Please explain

Post by Sangoma »

Sometimes it takes several attempts at log in before you can post something. You cannot quote with names, as in "Johno wrote:..." And now my private message does not leave the outbox.

What is going on? I understand this site costs $2000 a year to run (while the Net is full of advertisements of hosting for less than $10 a month). Why the discrepancy, paying over ten times more and having so many bugs?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Please explain

Post by Fat Cat »

I think PMs stay in your outbox until the recipient opens them. We can test it if you wanna.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

I just sent you a small PM.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

And I responded.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

I got it. It works in a strange way - I would expect it to rather be in the "Sent Messages" folder. But as long as it works I am happy. Thanks for clarifying it.

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan »

I've had the same problem with having to log-in multiple times and then getting booted out after trying to post and taken to the log-in page to have to log-in again. Don't know about the PMs.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Sangoma wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:53 pm I got it. It works in a strange way - I would expect it to rather be in the "Sent Messages" folder. But as long as it works I am happy. Thanks for clarifying it.
I like this better.

Ths way, if you “accidentally” send drunk dick pics to FatCat, you can always delete the message before he reads it and faps to it. :finga:
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.