What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Turdacious wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm It’s almost like a guy who had faced near constant litigation since before most of us were born knows how to avoid legal land mines.
*Pivots to another weird tangent*

What's your opinion on the actual conduct he's engaged in? Seems pretty bad to me.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:29 am
Turdacious wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm It’s almost like a guy who had faced near constant litigation since before most of us were born knows how to avoid legal land mines.

What's your opinion on the actual conduct he's engaged in? Seems pretty bad to me.
As POTUS/Candidate for POTUS or prior?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:43 am No NDAs to hide behind in gubmint service. Old tricks no longer work.
Unless a member of Congress tries to grab you by the pussy.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Turdacious wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 am

edit: The conduct described in the Mueller report. If you mean pre-election early life, no.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:59 pm
Turdacious wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 am

edit: The conduct described in the Mueller report. If you mean pre-election early life, no.
He's an erratic, media-addicted, blowhard with poor hiring habits who keeps his own counsel and may (or may not) be brilliant. He also has no real legislative or regulatory agenda, lacks an appetite for details, and seems to have no interest in learning about the government processes that have stymied his agenda (so that he can overcome or eliminate those roadblocks).

By ridding our political process of the likes of Flynn, Gates, Manafort, et al..., Meuller has done Trump, the Republican party, and the nation a great favor (and more than paid for the investigation in the process).

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Declassifying the investigation docs is the axe Trump has held over the left’s head for a long time. This will not destroy the left, but it will takeout a bunch legally and whatever is left of some of the others credibility will be gone.

But what is going to come out has been available for a while from a few journalists. Now we are going to see the dirty details.

Like I said in the beginning, at the end of this whole thing a lot more Dems will end up in jail then Republicans by far. And they all will be for criminal behavior, not process crimes, except Mr Obama’s White House counsel.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

powerlifter54 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:34 pm Declassifying the investigation docs is the axe Trump has held over the left’s head for a long time. This will not destroy the left, but it will takeout a bunch legally and whatever is left of some of the others credibility will be gone.

But what is going to come out has been available for a while from a few journalists. Now we are going to see the dirty details.

Like I said in the beginning, at the end of this whole thing a lot more Dems will end up in jail then Republicans by far. And they all will be for criminal behavior, not process crimes, except Mr Obama’s White House counsel.
Qanon called, they think you need to dial it back a bit.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

I’ll stand on my track record of being correct.

We will see.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

So he will attempt to use our country’s most protected intelligence in order to take out his enemies, but his tax returns are verboten.

Nice

None of this is hard to figure out. Just follow the money.

In 2008, Donald Jr. .... “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,”

Eric in 2014 ... “We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.”
Don’t believe everything you think.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

nafod wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:18 pm So he will attempt to use our country’s most protected intelligence in order to take out his enemies, but his tax returns are verboten.
Tough.

These fuckers weaponized the IRS, the NSA, the FBI, and the CIA, just to protect Hilliary and to influence an election.

Time for some good old fashioned medieval shit.

They broke a lot of laws.

Time to pay the price.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:18 pm So he will attempt to use our country’s most protected intelligence in order to take out his enemies, but his tax returns are verboten.
Maybe you could explain this to me and others, Nafod. What possible concern to most of us can be found in Donald Trump's tax returns?

If there are criminal allegations these can be handled by a special prosecutor. Certainly could be addressed by Articles of Impeachment. If I were a Democrat I'd go for the special prosecutor.

An impeachment of Donald Trump would be proof to his followers that "the Swamp" is "fighting back". They would crawl on broken glass to re-elect him. Is that what Democrats want too?

We know that the Democrats will leak the tax returns. In the custody of the special prosecutor they would confidential.

Maybe instead of worry about Trump and his crimes some of us need to worry about replacing him with someone with some sanity and gravitas? A Tulsi Gabbard or the like. What is running so far is almost a joke.
Last edited by Gene on Mon May 27, 2019 4:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Nice

None of this is hard to figure out. Just follow the money.

In 2008, Donald Jr. .... “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,”

Eric in 2014 ... “We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.”
I had similar concerns about the donations of Ukrainian Oligarchs to the Clinton Foundation. Victor Pinchuk gave millions. $29,000,000, between 2009 and 2013, to Bill and Hillary's foundation. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/p ... arity.html

Just a charity? Riddle me this - why did the Clinton Foundation's foreign branch shutter after Hillary lost the election?

https://observer.com/2017/01/the-clinto ... nitiative/

What did the Russians get for their trouble? What was the pro for the quid?

Nordstream 2 is continuing in spite of US pressure.

Ukraine is still bleeding, most of the dead being Russian speaking Ukrainians who have family ties in Russia. They curse Putin for not helping them. All Putin has done is issue them Russian passports, something that the Poles and Romanians were already doing for their ethnic cousins in Ukraine. There are no Russian troops in Kiev though there may be SVR people in the West.

Under Trump the DOD sent $200,000,000 in weapons to Kiev. Anti-tank weapons and the like. The US is supporting Kiev in their piss contests in the Sea of Azov with Russia. The project in Ogachiv is ongoing - US Navy CBs are building a "naval installation". US armed forces are training UAF people in Western Ukraine. The shells continue to fall in the ATO.

Syria is still bleeding. 500 Russian PMCs were killed by US and Free Syrian Forces. There are still Marines in Syria. Some of them are getting killed there.

Trump is threatening Russia's friend, Iran. Russia has close ties to Iran, which is why the US picked the Shah to "offset" them. During Soviet times the Azeris were friends with Iran. Farsi is also spoken in parts of Central Asia. The Russians are downright anxious about a US invasion of Iran.

Trump added more sanctions on Russians.

What advantages did the Russians get over letting Hillary win? Sure like to hear it.
Don't like yourself too much.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Don Jr. testified behind closed doors yesterday and Trump publicly says collusion is fine.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Hillary and the DNC paid a foreigner to work with other foreigners, to write a fake foreign dossier about her opponent, and then used that fake foreign document to illegally spy on him. That must be what you're concerned about?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:58 pmHillary and the DNC paid a foreigner to work with other foreigners, to write a fake foreign dossier about her opponent, and then used that fake foreign document to illegally spy on him. That must be what you're concerned about?
That's... not what happened.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Sure it is. The DNC paid Fusion GPS to produce the Steele dossier. And that dossier was used as a pretext for investigations by the CIA and FBI.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Trump's hand-picked FBI director says there is no evidence Trump or his campaign were "illegally spied" on. None.
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm Sure it is. The DNC paid Fusion GPS to produce the Steele dossier. And that dossier was used as a pretext for investigations by the CIA and FBI.
This is also a lie. Page 1 of Mueller Report says the investigation began after Australia reported a disturbing conversation with George Papalapadingdong.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 pm Trump's hand-picked FBI director says there is no evidence Trump or his campaign were "illegally spied" on. None.
Well Trump's hand-picked AG is currently investigating same, and it's his opinion that matters in matters of criminal misconduct. [-X
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 pm Sure it is. The DNC paid Fusion GPS to produce the Steele dossier. And that dossier was used as a pretext for investigations by the CIA and FBI.
This is also a lie. Page 1 of Mueller Report says the investigation began after Australia reported a disturbing conversation with George Papalapadingdong.
Gosh, pump the hate breaks, Spells. Lies? I wasn't there so I don't profess to know the truth, just what I read. First of all, it is not false that the DNC paid Fusion GPS to gather foreign intelligence on Trump, is it? Second, and more importantly, the CIA and FBI investigations are what I referred to and those are separate from the Mueller investigation, and it appears were, in fact, based on the Fusion GPS/Steele dossier information.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 pm
Gosh, pump the hate breaks, Spells. Lies? I wasn't there so I don't profess to know the truth, just what I read.
I don't think the people writing what you read are accidentally misunderstanding what happened. I think they are deliberately misleading, which would normally be called lying.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Just as the Mueller Investigation put the lie to the Russian Collusion charge against Trump, maybe the Barr-Durham Investigation will show that there was no DOJ/FBI Fuckery in using FISA to surveil/spy on the Trump campaign & administration.

But my money is on Fuckery.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 pm
Gosh, pump the hate breaks, Spells. Lies? I wasn't there so I don't profess to know the truth, just what I read.
I don't think the people writing what you read are accidentally misunderstanding what happened. I think they are deliberately misleading, which would normally be called lying.
CNN? https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/politics ... index.html

Wikipedia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2% ... ia_dossier

I assure you, sir, I am as bland and mainstream as you could ever wish me to be. :goodman:

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Just as the Mueller Investigation put the lie to the Russian Collusion charge against Trump...
Collusion is not a crime. It is not a legal thing. Conspiracy is a thing. They were unable to prove an explicit effort to conspire.

What Mueller showed as fact is that Trump wanted to conspire with the Russians, welcomed their efforts, were disappointed when the Russians didn’t bring the meat to the meeting, and had the President compose some bullshit story for Don jr to use to cover up the real purpose of the meeting while traveling on Air Force 1.

He also clearly committed obstruction. A 1000 former AGs and Federal Prosecutors from both parties agree.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 pm
Just as the Mueller Investigation put the lie to the Russian Collusion charge against Trump...
Collusion is not a crime. It is not a legal thing. Conspiracy is a thing. They were unable to prove an explicit effort to conspire.

What Mueller showed as fact is that Trump wanted to conspire with the Russians, welcomed their efforts, were disappointed when the Russians didn’t bring the meat to the meeting, and had the President compose some bullshit story for Don jr to use to cover up the real purpose of the meeting while traveling on Air Force 1.

He also clearly committed obstruction. A 1000 former AGs and Federal Prosecutors from both parties agree.
You will never get invited to my right wing death squad with that attitude.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

right wing death squad
That has to be a heavy metal band name

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

nafod wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 pm
Collusion is not a crime. It is not a legal thing.
nafod wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:58 pm
I trust that there are enough people in the justice department that take their oath to the constitution (and not to the President) seriously, so that if there is real dirt of collusion or other crimes, it will come out.

Your term, not mine. But, to buy into your quibble, no proof of conspiracy.

Back to Real Life and the Durham investigation: Do you agree that IF the DOJ or FBI knowingly misled the FISA court to surveil/spy on the Trump campaign or administration, criminal charges should be pursued?
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats