Trump rally in NC.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Trump rally in NC.

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Deeply depressing. Trump is an impressive example of how people will follow leaders to become shittier.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Trump rally in NC.

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

When working people are systematically screwed by the corporate oligarchy that has become our government from both the left and the right, there was bound to be a populist demagogue who told them all their problems were caused by "others" and that he's the only one who can be their savior. Trump merely played the role that's been played hundreds of times in other countries right before they fall into totalitarianism. We just happened to get a right wing flavor of demagogue rather than a left wing flavor.

It's what you get when the party that's supposed to be on left consistently produces presidential candidates who are right of Richard Nixon and are more beholden to corporate money and power than even attempting to fix the foundational problems in our society (see the false prophet Obama and the disaster of Hillary), and the right gives you the dynasty of Bush and a cavalcade of religious zealots who deny basic science (when it lines their pockets and vote counts to do so).

Trump is a symptom and end result of the intentional dumbing down of the US populace. He's the useful distraction that has everyone talking about his latest tweet or misadventure while the corporations raid the economy and the environment for their profit. Along with the SJW branch of the progressive movement that will have you believe which pronoun you use or which segment of which group suffered the worst oppression matters more than fixing our broken system, these distractions are nothing more than circuses for the lowest common denominator to argue over while the world gets ruined a bit more for everyone but the powerful.

In short, fuck Trump. He's an idiot bigot who's a textbook narcissistic at best and sociopath at worst, possibly with dementia thrown in. But until there's a viable alternative that's not status quo on watching the world burn for capitalism, he's what we'll continue to get. I truly fear we're watching the US accelerate it's circling of the drain. Because by the time the masses realize what the problems actually are, it will be far too late to do anything about them.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

How do the 53 GOP Senators fit into your view? They aren't facing any economic anxiety. Immigrants aren't going to take their jerbs.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:04 pm How do the 53 GOP Senators fit into your view? They aren't facing any economic anxiety. Immigrants aren't going to take their jerbs.
They also haven't allocated dollars to support his legislative agenda.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:04 pm How do the 53 GOP Senators fit into your view? They aren't facing any economic anxiety. Immigrants aren't going to take their jerbs.
They fit in exactly where every other politician in Washington fits in - bought and paid for stooges of the corporations who will ignore their constituents every single time it's in their corporate master's interest for them to do so.
They'll sit back and enjoy the groundswell of racist supporters Trump hands them since it will keep them in power.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The reality is neither party represents America. The two parties are simply playing the ends against the middle, with no reference to what Americans really want.

- Both support incredible fiscal insolvency.

- Both support interventionist foreign policy.

- Both support the military-industrial complex.

- Both support massive immigration.

- Both support corporate profits over sound social policy.

- Both support globo-homo.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

What Alfred said.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

And the media is manipulating all of this nonsense with such glee, its almost like they make money by making everyone mad at each other.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

syaigh wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:49 pm And the media is manipulating all of this nonsense with such glee, its almost like they make money by making everyone mad at each other.
Haha, yeah, almost exactly like that.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen